The Finals thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The Finals thread

Should be a good one.

A lot of folks (myself included) think the Kings are the better team, but they've just been through a holy war.

NY although not as talented on paper and coming off an ugly series certainly seem to have mojo on their side.

Both goalies are legit.

I think Vigneault learned something in the 2011 finals and has been much more adaptable to what is happening in-game. Sutter is amazing to me. Worst presser ever but breaks the game down to it's simplest basis and his team responds to his tactics.

Doughty is great. McDonough is great too.

I think the Kings win this but would not be overly surprised if the Rags pull the upset.

Even though the B's went belly up, I think the '14 playoffs have been super. High drama and some spectacular play. Sad it's nearly over. I hope the B's watch this series and it gnaws at them. I want the Bear to be hungry next year. Thanks for a great season folks. I enjoy my imaginary friends.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: The Finals thread

i don't see the Rangers winning more than one game, two if Hank plays like Pat Roy....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should be a good one.

A lot of folks (myself included) think the Kings are the better team, but they've just been through a holy war.

NY although not as talented on paper and coming off an ugly series certainly seem to have mojo on their side.

Both goalies are legit.

I think Vigneault learned something in the 2011 finals and has been much more adaptable to what is happening in-game. Sutter is amazing to me. Worst presser ever but breaks the game down to it's simplest basis and his team responds to his tactics.

Doughty is great. McDonough is great too.

I think the Kings win this but would not be overly surprised if the Rags pull the upset.

Even though the B's went belly up, I think the '14 playoffs have been super. High drama and some spectacular play. Sad it's nearly over. I hope the B's watch this series and it gnaws at them. I want the Bear to be hungry next year. Thanks for a great season folks. I enjoy my imaginary friends.

[/QUOTE]
    Man, the Kings look deep. On the other hand, could Marty STL be the Rangers "RECCHI"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I have a growing respect for the Rags. They have been great at limiting opponents scoring chances. But, I still think the Kings win it. It's a depth thing. However, LA has a habit of starting some series a little slow so NY could grab an early game or 2. I'm thinking LA in 6 but I'll be more surprised if it's 5 than 7.

Can NY win it? Sure. Hank needs be superb and Quick not so much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

After this series, I think when people talk about the best players in the game, they'll have to put Anze Kopitar on the list. Awesome player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After this series, I think when people talk about the best players in the game, they'll have to put Anze Kopitar on the list. Awesome player.

[/QUOTE]

you would be hard pressed to find someone to disagree with that. He is a beast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to watchtower's comment: [QUOTE] Man, the Kings look deep. On the other hand, could Marty STL be the Rangers "RECCHI"? [/QUOTE]

He will need to have a big series along with Richards and Nash for any hope at all. The Kings will have there their hands full P00 P00-Brassard-Moore, they have been playing well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

No Bruins don't hate Rangers or LA,hockey is over,for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Found it interesting that in an article on Sportsnet.ca Sather is apparently mulling over the possibility of buying out Richards over the summer, whatever the outcome of the finals. Ballsy move by him if he does it....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As soon as Pooh Pooh scored, I turned to my wife and said "has it been 12 games already??"...it had been 13. The guy is like clockwork with his highlight reel goals.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hard to watch NYR and not think maybe there's something to all this speed talk.

That team doesnt look anything like the group the B's swept in the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to watchtower's comment: [QUOTE] Man, the Kings look deep. On the other hand, could Marty STL be the Rangers "RECCHI"? [/QUOTE]

He will need to have a big series along with Richards and Nash for any hope at all. The Kings will have there their hands full P00 P00-Brassard-Moore, they have been playing well.

[/QUOTE]

No question.  Moore has been solid for the Rangers with a +4 rating.  He's big too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As soon as Pooh Pooh scored, I turned to my wife and said "has it been 12 games already??"...it had been 13. The guy is like clockwork with his highlight reel goals.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad he can't do that all the time. He is the 21st century incarnation of Petr Klima...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Doughty with a legend goal.  Wow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doughty with a legend goal.  Wow.

[/QUOTE]

Weber,Suter,Subban,i don't care,this is the guy for me,what a player and only 24 yrs old. 2 gold medals,a Stanley Cup,could win another and the odds on favourite for the Conn Smythe if the Kings win it,as said on this forum before,if he played in the regular season like he does in the playoffs,he'd win the Norris every year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

NYR plays over their heads. Kings play just over 1 period - then win in OT.
    Ryan McDonagh makes un-great play in OT. Must take major blame for loss.

Kings toyed with Rangers in third.

Sorry, but can't see NYR winning more than 1 game in this series.

My, my how Rick Nash has diminished into an almost non-descript winger. If he weren't so big, he would be invisible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My, my how Rick Nash has diminished into an almost non-descript winger. If he weren't so big, he would be invisible.

[/QUOTE]

I think he can kill penalties though Wheats! ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a one goal game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE]

Ryan McDonagh makes un-great play in OT. Must take major blame for loss. [/QUOTE]

It was Ontario boy Girardi with the gaffe in OT. 

MSL, Richards and Nash didn't show and NY almost won. Those three have to play harder not just show up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

MSL, Richards and Nash didn't show and NY almost won. Those three have to play harder not just show up.

[/QUOTE]

No Sandog, watch the replay and see where Ryan was.  He was grossly out of position. Girardi had no options.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry Don but there is no excuse for throwing the puck up the boards like that.

Girardi is too good for that.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Sandog, watch the replay and see where Ryan was.  He was grossly out of position. Girardi had no options.

[/QUOTE]

The fact McDonough was out of position (was he trying to transition to offense thinking Girardi had the boards for a clear?) makes the Girardi gaffe twice as glaring. He fans on the initial clear and then from his knees puts it in a perfect one timer spot for Williams.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Doughty made a couple of blunders, coughed up that first goal. But, as I say, with some of these players the good heavily outweighs the bad. There he was still taking chances, didn't change him a bit, if they lost that game the first period cough up would be talked about.