The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's

In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Krejci Bergeron Kelly Where would Weiss play? 0-1 Kel?  Did you forget to answer or concede?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I cannot think where Stephen Weiss fits in on this team, after the trade for Nash I think this team needs time to gel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]If Chia's bent on a trade, I'd rather trade Krejci to NY for Anisimov, straight up. The B's would get a young bull of a center to work between Horton and Looch, and NY would get a guy who, taken out of a defensive system, would be an 80 point man. Would be a great trade for both teams.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

ya  right   NYR  would do that trade 1000  times    and pc would be fired

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd trade Krejci for him. I think Krejci is gonna want Lucic+ money and he's not consistent enough to deserve it. Put him in Krejci's spot between Lucic and Horton, and let them roll.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Krejci Bergeron Kelly Where would Weiss play? 0-1 Kel?  Did you forget to answer or concede?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I'd trade Krejci for him. I think Krejci is gonna want Lucic+ money and he's not consistent enough to deserve it. Put him in Krejci's spot between Lucic and Horton, and let them roll. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Okay, now i see why NAS gets ruffled with you people (I concede NAS, you win)....Krejci is not consistent enough??? And Stephen Weiss is??? Has Stephen Weiss led the league in plus/minus and led the playoffs in scoring?

Do you even watch hockey?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Has Weiss ever been on a team consistent enough to even make the playoffs? Ah no. Has Weiss been in the playoffs in the NHL, also no. Furthermore Weiss is a better goal scorer, and Krejci's goal scoring peaked three years ago and has decreased since. Krejci's points aren't much better on a much better team over the last three seasons.

And since I'm sure you either missed it or are ignoring it to grandstand the original reason I wanted him was for the powerplay. He's a left shooting center which the Bruins Don't Have. In one season he had 12 powerplay goals. Krejci who does jackshit but dangle on the PP has 13 in his career. Last year, without Horton, Weiss had 3 powerplay goals and two shorties, Krejci had 1 powerplay goal.

I watch about 100 NHL games in a slow year, I make it a point to watch every team at least twice if at all possible. So yes I do watch hockey.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Okay, now i see why NAS gets ruffled with you people (I concede NAS, you win)....Krejci is not consistent enough??? And Stephen Weiss is??? Has Stephen Weiss led the league in plus/minus and led the playoffs in scoring? Do you even watch hockey?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Has Weiss ever been on a team consistent enough to even make the playoffs? Ah no. Has Weiss been in the playoffs in the NHL, also no.
    [/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, but whose fault is that?  Weiss has been their leading scorer for a few years, their #1 C, and he hasn't managed to make that team one iota better - or more consistent.  Why do we assume playing on a good team will make him a better player?

And in terms of goals, Krejci's goalscoring peaked in the playoffs last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Has Weiss ever been on a team consistent enough to even make the playoffs? Ah no. Has Weiss been in the playoffs in the NHL, also no

The grass is always greener.  The Bruins are Stanley Cup Champions why are so many people trying to fix what is not broken.  We have lost some depth on the third line and our defence could use an upgrade but there is no reason to start trading away core players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Has Weiss ever been on a team consistent enough to even make the playoffs? Ah no. Has Weiss been in the playoffs in the NHL, also no. Furthermore Weiss is a better goal scorer, and Krejci's goal scoring peaked three years ago and has decreased since. Krejci's points aren't much better on a much better team over the last three seasons. And since I'm sure you either missed it or are ignoring it to grandstand the original reason I wanted him was for the powerplay. He's a left shooting center which the Bruins Don't Have . In one season he had 12 powerplay goals. Krejci who does jackshit but dangle on the PP has 13 in his career. Last year, without Horton, Weiss had 3 powerplay goals and two shorties, Krejci had 1 powerplay goal. I watch about 100 NHL games in a slow year, I make it a point to watch every team at least twice if at all possible. So yes I do watch hockey. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :
    I usually watch 100 Bruins games each year with pre-season and playoffs. I never thought about an exact number before but I watch at least 7-10 NHL games a week from October through June.......Jesus, maybe I should cut back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Well, yeah, but whose fault is that?  Weiss has been their leading scorer for a few years, their #1 C, and he hasn't managed to make that team one iota better - or more consistent.  Why do we assume playing on a good team will make him a better player? And in terms of goals, Krejci's goalscoring peaked in the playoffs last year.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    BB, I like to put added value on playoff goals. No way I'd even consider swapping DK for Weiss straight up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Weiss was on a better team, a playoff team perhaps, he might not get every opportunity he has had in Florida, like being the #1 center, being out on every powerplay, being paired with the best wingers, ect.

Saying that Weiss has always played on bad teams does nothing to help the argument that he is somehow better than Krejci.  It hurts it.

It is absolutely baffling that a mere 4 months (and 10+/- games) after David Krejci led the team and the league in playoff scoring, in the midst of the first Stanley Cup championship in 40 years, people are wanting to trade the guy for a center who had 49 points last year and has never played in a postseason game (despite being the #1 center).

Baffling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It is amazing to me that people talk about trading him so much period. Most players are near sainthood after leading their team in playoff scoring and winning a championship. Throw in how poorly they played after he was hurt the year before, how poorly they played this season when he was hurt/recovering his game, and fans should be demanding he be signed for life.  I'm not, but I don't think he should be dealt unless it's for something really awesome.

[QUOTE]If Weiss was on a better team, a playoff team perhaps, he might not get every opportunity he has had in Florida, like being the #1 center, being out on every powerplay, being paired with the best wingers, ect. Saying that Weiss has always played on bad teams does nothing to help the argument that he is somehow better than Krejci.  It hurts it. It is absolutely baffling that a mere 4 months (and 10+/- games) after David Krejci led the team and the league in playoff scoring, in the midst of the first Stanley Cup championship in 40 years, people are wanting to trade the guy for a center who had 49 points last year and has never played in a postseason game (despite being the #1 center). Baffling.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It is amazing to me that people talk about trading him so much period. Most players are near sainthood after leading their team in playoff scoring and winning a championship. Throw in how poorly they played after he was hurt the year before, how poorly they played this season when he was hurt/recovering his game, and fans should be demanding he be signed for life.  I'm not, but I don't think he should be dealt unless it's for something really awesome. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Oates, you've nailed it for me too. I'm very happy with DK and if he were to be dealt, it should be for another very significant player in return. I have every expectation that PC will re-sign him.......well, maybe it's more hope than expectation but that's what I want.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Has Weiss ever been on a team consistent enough to even make the playoffs? Ah no. Has Weiss been in the playoffs in the NHL, also no. Furthermore Weiss is a better goal scorer, and Krejci's goal scoring peaked three years ago and has decreased since. Krejci's points aren't much better on a much better team over the last three seasons. And since I'm sure you either missed it or are ignoring it to grandstand the original reason I wanted him was for the powerplay. He's a left shooting center which the Bruins Don't Have . In one season he had 12 powerplay goals. Krejci who does jackshit but dangle on the PP has 13 in his career. Last year, without Horton, Weiss had 3 powerplay goals and two shorties, Krejci had 1 powerplay goal. I watch about 100 NHL games in a slow year, I make it a point to watch every team at least twice if at all possible. So yes I do watch hockey. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :

Stephen Weiss is a good player. he is not as good as David Krejci..I'm not sure how many games you need to watch to realize that. It's not even debatable. He gets tons more ice time in Florida than he would get here, because here, he would be the third line center. He's a left handed center, great, should we trade Tuuka for Mathieu Garon because he is a left handed goalie? I highly doubt Ray Shero is going to move Crosby,malkin or Staal because he needs a right handed center. Right handed centers are actually pretty rare, it's one of the factors Central Scouting used when determining Seguin was the number 1 ranked prospect over Taylor Hall before the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It might have something to do with him turning into Chris Osgood sans mask.

[QUOTE]It is amazing to me that people talk about trading him so much period. Most players are near sainthood after leading their team in playoff scoring and winning a championship. Throw in how poorly they played after he was hurt the year before, how poorly they played this season when he was hurt/recovering his game, and fans should be demanding he be signed for life.  I'm not, but I don't think he should be dealt unless it's for something really awesome. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Absurd. 

You want Weiss for the powerplay.  He had three last year, right? 

Krejci's goal totals have been declining.  He has only played three full NHL seasons!  Weiss has declining point totals over the last three years.  Oh no!

You know what's more important than your stat sheet and whether the guys uses his left or right hand to perform "The Stranger"?  The ability of the player.  Weiss is the #1 center on a putrid team.  He'd be a third line center in Boston today.  I would be thrilled if the B's traded Chris Kelly and (pick your Providence player) for him. 

The rest of this is just gobbledy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :  And in terms of goals, Krejci's goalscoring peaked in the playoffs last year. Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Not a bad place for it to happen. Who would of thought ? MOC saw this in the OHL so it's never too early to evaluate or predict that type of play will translate to the NHL. Now if he played in College...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Absurd.  You want Weiss for the powerplay.  He had three last year, right?  Krejci's goal totals have been declining.  He has only played three full NHL seasons!  Weiss has declining point totals over the last three years.  Oh no! You know what's more important than your stat sheet and whether the guys uses his left or right hand to perform "The Stranger"?  The ability of the player.  Weiss is the #1 center on a putrid team.  He'd be a third line center in Boston today.  I would be thrilled if the B's traded Chris Kelly and (pick your Providence player) for him.  The rest of this is just gobbledy.

Brilliant way to work The Stranger into the debate.  Actually made me lol (as opposed to smiling and then typing lol anyhow).

I have new, unpleasant images of Weiss's offseason workouts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Not a bad place for it to happen. Who would of thought ? MOC saw this in the OHL so it's never too early to evaluate or predict that type of play will translate to the NHL. Now if he played in College...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    The Q.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's : Absurd.  You want Weiss for the powerplay.  He had three last year, right?  Krejci's goal totals have been declining.  He has only played three full NHL seasons!  Weiss has declining point totals over the last three years.  Oh no! You know what's more important than your stat sheet and whether the guys uses his left or right hand to perform "The Stranger"?  The ability of the player.  Weiss is the #1 center on a putrid team.  He'd be a third line center in Boston today.  I would be thrilled if the B's traded Chris Kelly and (pick your Providence player) for him.  The rest of this is just gobbledy.

applause

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Weiss's decline can't have anything to do with losing Bouwmeester ont eh backend who was a top teir defenseman while he was there, then losing Horton who has also been a top tier goal scorer can it?  Honestly what talent there was has been systematically sold off or allowed to walk as Tallon rebuilds.

And having the left hand shot on the PP like say Recci or Savard before him gives more angles for both passing and shooting. And yes, Weiss's 3 were 3 times as many as Krejci's 1.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss t

o the B's : Absurd.  You want Weiss for the powerplay.  He had three last year, right?  Krejci's goal totals have been declining.  He has only played three full NHL seasons!  Weiss has declining point totals over the last three years.  Oh no! You know what's more important than your stat sheet and whether the guys uses his left or right hand to perform "The Stranger"?  The ability of the player.  Weiss is the #1 center on a putrid team.  He'd be a third line center in Boston today.  I would be thrilled if the B's traded Chris Kelly and (pick your Providence player) for him.  The rest of this is just gobbledy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Weiss's decline can't have anything to do with losing Bouwmeester ont eh backend who was a top teir defenseman while he was there, then losing Horton who has also been a top tier goal scorer can it?  Honestly what talent there was has been systematically sold off or allowed to walk as Tallon rebuilds. And having the left hand shot on the PP like say Recci or Savard before him gives more angles for both passing and shooting. And yes, Weiss's 3 were 3 times as many as Krejci's 1. In Response to Re: The FLA Pipeline - Weiss to the B's :

Recchi was on the powerplay last season, right?  How was their powerplay last season? 

And if Weiss can't perform without a stud d-man and a 30 goal scorer on his wing, I wouldn't want to see him as the #1 center on the Bruins.

That sounds like a second liner to me. On the B's, that's the fourth line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Weiss was on the Fan590, yesterday morning. He says that the team is getting along well, everybody on the same page, and Kevin Dineen is great.

He also said that he is very happy in Miami, and all the new players are liking it too.

I hope he stays there - since he is so happy, anyway. We don't need him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, but he has a left handed shot.  That cures all, ya know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Better not be considering this. PC would get the axe, Krejci looked dis-interested at the start of the year but he has picked it up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/42869-Rumor-Roundup-Canes-correction.html Better not be considering this. PC would get the axe, Krejci looked dis-interested at the start of the year but he has picked it up.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

The basis of mentioning Krejci in that article is another article from Comcast sports which quotes...MICHAEL FELGER.  Might as well quote PB37 next.

Sections
Shortcuts