The Good News...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

The Good News...

is the effort was there, the exocution was well lacking. It seem like the whole game was just one biffed chance or bad bounce after another. I was not impressed with 1 player on the ice and for the amount of shots, none really tested price. Not too sure if it was nerves from the way they went out last year, (you'd think that would make them foam at the mouth and very dangerous) but Claude needs to do his job now and get this team in the right state of mind for game two, which IMO, is a must win.

If game 2 is dropped also, hit the panic button, and I'd fire Claude before he even gets to the locker room!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: The Good News...

your right, the effort was there and if they play like that again i like their chances, need to get on those rebounds and bury a couple and thomas looked shaky which can happen in a game where you go long periods of time without facing a shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

yep - the effort was there, and they were ONE shot away from a tie for most of the game, but there were not shots that tested Price.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

not enough traffic in front of Price's net ....

CJ will make some adjustments for game 2 ...dont worry

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

They need to play with more snarl though. They were good, playing with an edge is money with this team though. Find the nasty edge boys and we will put the Habs out to pasture.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to The Good News...:
    [QUOTE]is the effort was there, the exocution was well lacking. It seem like the whole game was just one biffed chance or bad bounce after another. I was not impressed with 1 player on the ice and for the amount of shots, none really tested price. Not too sure if it was nerves from the way they went out last year, (you'd think that would make them foam at the mouth and very dangerous) but Claude needs to do his job now and get this team in the right state of mind for game two, which IMO, is a must win. If game 2 is dropped also, hit the panic button, and I'd fire Claude before he even gets to the locker room!
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

For the most part I agree.  I thought Chara, Thomas and Bergeron all had  good games.  I would also like to point out that even when the Canadiens clamped down defensively there was a lot of open ice for the Bruins offense to work with.  Particularly I'm thinking about the outside tops of the circles where; Kaberle utilized space for a couple opportunities and uncharacteristically did not find an open man, also where Lucic got the puck in great position but danced a little too much before getting his shot off on the opposite side of the ice.  I think they need to watch the film, find these areas of the ice and figure out a way to exploit them, I know adjustments are not necesarily Julien's forte but I thought I saw a lot of opportunity for slight adjustments without compromise for the D-Zone play.

One other obvious takeaway from last night's game was that Montreal plays a very strong defensive game when they have the lead, better then I had expected.  All in all, I felt as good as I could given the outcome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Dont hold your breath on claude doing much of anything, he never has before.

#1 area they need to improve TURNOVERS which is a direct result of the awful passing last night. They need to be crisp tape to tape especially coming out there own zone. I dubbed a play in the first or second the hardest 20ft ive ever seen a team go trying to get from the redline behind their net to the tops of the circles took about 5 passes back and fourth without ever transitioning up ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Passing? Is that what that was?

They looked like a team that was trying to win the Cup in the first game, and prove to the world they aren't the team that lost last year, and and and.  First game of the first series is often sketchy like this - there have been more than a few years where the underdog won game 1 in 6 of 8 series, but the favorites 4 of those 6 series.

You can make a lot out of the game 2 winners stats - you know, the stat line that says "the team that wins game 2 wins the series X% of the time."  Some of this is just logic based on the way series and odds progress - teams on their way to a sweep win game two, so if you edit anything but a 7 game series out, how significant is that game 2 win?  Probably not much more than the home ice advantage stats over time.

However - in a case like this, game 2 is when everyone's got their feet wet and teams either find their groove or show that they're in real trouble.  Needless to say, Boston cannot lose this game 2.  It's not a death sentence if they do, but they don't have enough experience to recognize that.  Guys with significant (and relatively successful) experience in the playoffs on the Bs?  Recchi, Ference, Seidenberg, Kelly, and Thornton.  Not the first line.  Not two thirds of the D or two thirds of the second line.  That's where I worry about frustration or superstition or any of those other things that experience can counter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

The effort was hardly there!!!!! Lucic was on his butt how many times or forced off the puck at the very least. The whole first line sleep walked through much of the game. Bergeron's line was okay. Sad when a 40+ year old guy is the one doing most of the hitting on the team. March looked good. 3rd line was completely forgettable and the 4th line got no time. What did Thronton have, 5 minutes on the ice? They were the best line the last couple of weeks and the lost their minutes to what, Ryder????? ugghhh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Shoot high; Price is a butterfly goalie. I'd love to see Chara ding one off the side of Price's mask and into the goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: The Good News...:
    [QUOTE]They need to play with more snarl though. They were good, playing with an edge is money with this team though. Find the nasty edge boys and we will put the Habs out to pasture.
    Posted by OrrandPapiRGods[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- but depending on who the refs are for game 2 -- the Habs being the smaller team may be in snarl protection mode. In no way am I saying the refs favored the Habs in game 1 -- There were equal good and bad calls on both sides but sometimes the refs refuse to just let them play when it involves the Habs. Most of the Western Conference games so far are a good example of tough snarly old fasioned playoff hockey where the refs are letting things slide a little more than usual.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Marchand stood out. He finishes one of those chances and it's a whole different ball game, but at least he generated the chances.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

There wasn't much effort in the 3rd...and they were not physical enough.  I saw Montreal finishing more checks than Boston.  White was out there hitting everyone in sight

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

The only good news from that game was that if they do it a couple more times heads will roll.  This system will not win a cup or very many play off games.  Let the boys play and they will win.  Keep them caged up and they will go down the crapper.