The Great One a Bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: The Great One a Bruin

Greatest Of All Time!
    Bobby Orr

Shupe I thought you were better than that, cmon Pepe Lepieux would have smashed his scoring records, without the injuries.  As it was Lemieux beat him head to head 6 of 12 years they faced each other with Lemieux losing his first 3 years and 3 years that he played a mere 59games( had 123 points which prorates to152pts in 73 games to Gretz 142Pts in 73games), 26games(45 points-135 in 78 to Gretz 163 in78games), and 22 games(37 pts-136pt in 81 games to Gretz 130 pts in 81 games).

These numbers indicate to me that Lem head to head had the not so great one edged 8-4 in rhe years they were head to head.

Gretz has records, but no way was he the greatest ever, he was not even the greatest forward ever, but he was the biggest net hanger and baby I ever saw. Amazing that in all his goal he scored 13th in GWG, with all those goals he should have led the most important stat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Great One a Bruin:
    Greatest Of All Time! Bobby Orr Shupe I thought you were better than that, cmon Pepe Lepieux would have smashed his scoring records, without the injuries.  As it was Lemieux beat him head to head 6 of 12 years they faced each other with Lemieux losing his first 3 years and 3 years that he played a mere 59games( had 123 points which prorates to152pts in 73 games to Gretz 142Pts in 73games), 26games(45 points-135 in 78 to Gretz 163 in78games), and 22 games(37 pts-136pt in 81 games to Gretz 130 pts in 81 games). These numbers indicate to me that Lem head to head had the not so great one edged 8-4 in rhe years they were head to head. Gretz has records, but no way was he the greatest ever, he was not even the greatest forward ever, but he was the biggest net hanger and baby I ever saw. Amazing that in all his goal he scored 13th in GWG, with all those goals he should have led the most important stat.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Goat,I also hated Gretz as a kid because he came along right after Orr but C'MON.Lemieux was taller  than Gretzky-that's it.Let's not bother with the could'ves and should'ves regarding injuries(if Lindros wasn't injured he'd be a sure-fire hall of famer-so what).Don't fault Gretzky for not having been hurt.I'm sure he has the most assists on GWG's by far.Don't be a hater.His numbers were too good to argue intelligently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Great One a Bruin : Goat,I also hated Gretz as a kid because he came along right after Orr but C'MON.Lemieux was taller  than Gretzky-that's it.Let's not bother with the could'ves and should'ves regarding injuries(if Lindros wasn't injured he'd be a sure-fire hall of famer-so what).Don't fault Gretzky for not having been hurt.I'm sure he has the most assists on GWG's by far.Don't be a hater.His numbers were too good to argue intelligently.The minute they start putting pro-rated statistics on hockey cards,I'll buy into your Gretzky vs.Mario argument.
    Posted by dezaruchi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4

No he wouldnt have.  And like I said its a marathon not a sprint. And he didnt beat him.  he doesnt have the records, awards, cups, international success.  Its not close.  Its not.  Mario is an amazing talented player.  But he isnt Gretzky.  If and buts.  Thats all I hear.  IF he would have been healthy...again.  Gretzky has more assist than Mario has pts.  And he has 800 goals as well.  Marios best year doesnt even compare to Gretzky's best year.  
    Same applies for Orr.  IF he were healthy.  well unfortunately he wasnt.  Even in Gretzkys last yrs he was still very productive. 
    Stats are just one basis of what he has done. 
    And for the record.  Gretzky has more pts than Mario and Orr combined.  He also has more Stanley Cups.

Its not an argument.  You have no support to your claim.  Other than saying IF and compacting a few stats.  Give me Gretzky's top 3 years and compare them to Marios top three.  Gretzky 2nd last year he was still in the race for the scoring title with a healthy 90 pts on a non playoff team.  He had 97 the year before that and even in his last year he had good numbers. 
    There isnt enough room on this blog to start with his records.  He has changed the sport forever.  No one will ever break HIS records.  No one. 

I can't argue this point anymore.  Its not even a debate in my eyes b/c their is no evidence to support that this is a 3 horse race.  Its a 2 horse race for the next best. 
    1. Gretzky- in a land slide
    2. Orr
    3. Lemieux

I don't see Orr or Lemeux number retired by the league either.  His number is the only number retired by the NHL. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Wayne Gretzky - Coach - could teach the Bruins how a Stanley Cup Ring is won. Nobody in this organization - except Shawn Thornton and Harry Sinden - has one. ...and it shows. Having said this, I know, Gretzky is not leaving the West Coast to coach in 'The Hub Of Hockey'
    Posted by Awry

Recchi does, too.

How many former cup winners did Chicago have on their roster last year? (I'm not sure, but I think none.)
    How about Philly? They had Pronger... anyone else?
    How about the Penguins?

Cup winners are great for helping to add experience into the lineup, but the rings don't TRANSFORM other players. Ryder has been working his butt off lately, and it's good to see... he'll get rewarded sooner or later. Horton and Wheeler have been largely no-shows. That's the real problem. I want to stab Wheeler every time he falls down... it's EMBARASSING. He's 6'5", he shouldn't be flopping around all the time.
    What really wins is CHARACTER. Everyone on the Bergeron line has it... and they were the best performing line last night... and scored a goal. Lucic, while still a little young and immature, has it. He scored last night, stood up for Krejci, and was more of a physical presence again.
    You want guys like Richards or Eric Staal as your #1 center... not only to be talented, but to set the tone. That's how winning is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'll tell you what is undisputable about Gretzky: He had the biggest ego of any player to play in the NHL!

The Pacific ocean isn't big enough or deep enough to contain his ego.

The little weasel never gave up. If he scored three, he'd go for four. If he got four he'd go for five, etc., no matter the score. What selfishness. No class.

If Bobby Orr scored one goal, he'd pass off the rest of the game to get his mates a goal. And if the game was a blow-out, he'd turn it off so as not to embarass the other team. At least, Orr had class.

Oh, how Gretzky cried at his press conference leaving Edmonton. It was touching. You should have seen the glee, though, after the conference, when he was counting his money. The two-faced little booger.

His ego has even suckered even the League: 1) They retire his number. 2) They step in during the Phoenix fiasco so he won't lose his investment in the Coyotes and some money owing to him. What is this? What is good for everyone else is not good for Mr. Gretzky? He can't lose money from investments like everyone else? Give me a break.

One thing I do like about Wayne is that he loved his parents and was good to them and treated them like gold. I'll give him that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll tell you what is undisputable about Gretzky: He had the biggest ego of any player to play in the NHL! The Pacific ocean isn't big enough or deep enough to contain his ego. The little weasel never gave up. If he scored three, he'd go for four. If he got four he'd go for five, etc., no matter the score. What selfishness. No class. If Bobby Orr scored one goal, he'd pass off the rest of the game to get his mates a goal. And if the game was a blow-out, he'd turn it off so as not to embarass the other team. At least, Orr had class. Oh, how Gretzky cried at his press conference leaving Edmonton. It was touching. You should have seen the glee, though, after the conference, when he was counting his money. The two-faced little booger. His ego has even suckered even the League: 1) They retire his number. 2) They step in during the Phoenix fiasco so he won't lose his investment in the Coyotes and some money owing to him. What is this? What is good for everyone else is not good for Mr. Gretzky? He can't lose money from investments like everyone else? Give me a break. One thing I do like about Wayne is that he loved his parents and was good to them and treated them like gold. I'll give him that.
    Posted by Wheatskins

"The little weasel never gave up".You say this like it's a bad thing.The league also didn't mind making sure Mario was taken care of too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I agree with the sentiments that gretzky dominated the sport like no other, the gap on his career numbers to howe is a hall of fame career..

but that aside, he would be a lousy coach in boston, his style of play is not bruins play, phoenix had their greatest success after his leaving..

As a special teams coach, or  consultant, perhaps, but hes not cut out to be a coach in the new defensive minded NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Head to head 6-6. Pretty even.

If it is longevity it is Howe then Chelios.

If it is stanley cups it is the pocket rocket.

If it is points it is Gretz.

If it is Defencemen it is Orr.

If it is the Greatest Of All Time to lace on a pair of skates it is Bobby Orr, hands down.

Player to revolutionise the game-Bobby Orr.

By the By- Gretz was part of the expansion that Orr brought to the NHL by staying in the NHL and not going to the Wha like Gretz.  Orr brought expansion of 16 teams, Gretz brought 6.

Stanley cups- Gretz 4 same as Orr 2 and Lem 2, oh wait Lem has 1 as an owner that makes 5.  Messier won 6, imagine winning not 1 but 2 without Gretz.

Greatest Leader. Gretz scored but he was not the leader.

Most all star appearances Howe then Bourque then Gretz, I guess both were better for longer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Head to head 6-6. Pretty even. If it is longevity it is Howe then Chelios. If it is stanley cups it is the pocket rocket. If it is points it is Gretz. If it is Defencemen it is Orr. If it is the Greatest Of All Time to lace on a pair of skates it is Bobby Orr, hands down. Player to revolutionise the game-Bobby Orr. By the By- Gretz was part of the expansion that Orr brought to the NHL by staying in the NHL and not going to the Wha like Gretz.  Orr brought expansion of 16 teams, Gretz brought 6. Stanley cups- Gretz 4 same as Orr 2 and Lem 2, oh wait Lem has 1 as an owner that makes 5.  Messier won 6, imagine winning not 1 but 2 without Gretz. Greatest Leader. Gretz scored but he was not the leader. Most all star appearances Howe then Bourque then Gretz, I guess both were better for longer.

I suppose next you'll say Gretz wasn't the best defensive forward?The fact that whoever lined up against him never even thought about offence tells me he should've won the Selke every year too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Don`t know what rules G changed other than the hands off G rule.  Avery has changed rules as well.

Bettman retired G`s number noone else and how idiotic was it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,
    seriously.  those are weak examples.  they are opinions.  I love Orr...but no one will ever touch gretzky.  Lord Orr isnt even the all time leader in pts by a dman. 
    No one dominated their sport like Gretzky.  No one.  PERIOD. 

Its fun debating this.  But its like holding ever piece of evidence in a murder case and then saying that someone else did it.  Its not close. 

Orr created expansion?  All on his own? Really.  What is the backing of this.  Gretzky went from Edmonton to a city that had no interest in hockey and turned that city into watching hockey.  And took them to the cup finals.

Messier in my eyes is the greatest leader...I am not arguing that fact.  I am arguing the best player ever.  Gretzky in a land slide.  His 2800 pts, records, international success, his number being retrired from the sport.  Its not close.

I will give you Orr as the best dman ever.  But thats it. 

I can debate these pts back and forth but everyone can have their own opinion.  This isnt even close though.  To ignore everything he has done for the game even after he retired is just insane.  where is Orr when it comes to olympics and things like that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

tar, he is the absolute best player to ever put on skates.  and I would challenge anyone on here to name an athlete who changed/enhanced their respective sport as much as he did and in such a positive light.  I am just glad I was able to watch him, because no one will touch his records...unless they play 120 games a season and ever then he is safe.
    Posted by shuperman

Uh, Bobby Orr?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

1st- Tiger Woods?  I think that sport was safe.  How is he doing now.  Sports are a marathon.  Gretzky until the time he finished was all class and changed the game like no other player.  He basically created expansion and changed how Americans view the game.  Sorry Orr fans...he didnt do this. 2nd- Stats alone.  He has 92 goals in a year.  Will never be touched.  Nor will 50/39. Oh yeah...Messier.  I am sure he wins the 1st four without Wayne.  Give you head a shake.  Also.  Gretzky has more assists.  Than anyone has pts.  Think about that.  Gretzky can take his 800+ goals away and still have more pts than anyone.  Its disgusting to think about. 3rd- I think Orr could have been the best ever IF he played an entire career.  He got injured and as I stated sports is a marathon.  Orr defined his position.  Gretzky has changed rules.  No one has done this.  Imagine Gretzky with todays rules.  He would get 300 pts in a year.  4th- Based on just skill Mario probably is better.  But no ones mind thought the game like Gretzky.  Funny that Marios greatest moment came on a Gretzky pass.  I am not gonna go much further with this b/c 60 NHL records speak for themself.  Plus he did it over a long career in which he remained healthy and still produced all the way through.  I think that alone is one of his best accomplishments.  Along with no scandels that seem to rock most great players(Woods/OJ/Kobe/Clemens-all of MLB) I will and can debate this all day....but no one is gonna ever change my mind on this.  Most either hate or love Gretzky.  I will agree that Orr/Mario and Gretzky can all be lumped into the superior players.  But no doubt in my eyes that Gretzky was on top of that list. 
    Posted by shuperman

Marty Brodeur changed the rules... you can thank him for the Brodeur Trapezoid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Plus minus, 2800 points, he must be heads and shoulders above everyone in this as well, but then to be grat in this you have to be able to play d as well you would think.

+730 Larry Robinson +528 Ray Bourque both were better. Orr =597+ in 596 career games his rookie season isn't included as they had not tracked those stats then. He also had a +124 that still stands. 11 straight years a +, his entire career. Gretzky left the safety of Edmonton 9 straight + seasons, then he left and 6 of the next 11 years were a minus including scoring 130 points in 94 with with a minus of 25. +512 in 1487 games.
     Greatest Of All Time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Peers only wannabes

Prev posted 4/22/2009

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Orr played like a man among boys, he totally dominated the game in every aspect, his unselfishness and humbleness only made his greatness greater.  Gretzky would not have been the player he was if he was checked by players like Tikanen had gone after him they way he was allowed to do to Pederson.  Orr fought this adversity every night with players going after his knees every shift.   Gretzky brought offence to an entirely different level with some help from a few Hall of Famers who won the cup without him unlike he without them. He did not revolutionalize the game only improved on the offensive nuances. Gretzky played at the red line short handed waiting for the boys to spring him free.  Image the points he'd have put up now with no red line to hinder him. Orr was hands down the best player in the NHL when he played. He revolutionalized the game offensively and defensively. He logged more minutes than any 2 players and took a fighting penalty so he could take a rest(LOL). Gretzky was no 1 until Pepe Le Pew (Mario).  They both had amazing talent offensively but were lacking in the other end. Pepe was requesting to be left alone so he could attempt to catch Gretzky in points as G was left alone almost his entire career and don't say they couldn't touch what they couldn't catch that is pure BS.

No 4 Bobby Orr The Greatest Of All Time!!!!!!!!!

Prev posted 4/22/2009

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Orr played like a man among boys, he totally dominated the game in every aspect, his unselfishness and humbleness only made his greatness greater.  Gretzky would not have been the player he was if he was checked by players like Tikanen had gone after him they way he was allowed to do to Pederson.  Orr fought this adversity every night with players going after his knees every shift.   Gretzky brought offence to an entirely different level with some help from a few Hall of Famers who won the cup without him unlike he without them. He did not revolutionalize the game only improved on the offensive nuances. Gretzky played at the red line short handed waiting for the boys to spring him free.  Image the points he'd have put up now with no red line to hinder him. Orr was hands down the best player in the NHL when he played. He revolutionalized the game offensively and defensively. He logged more minutes than any 2 players and took a fighting penalty so he could take a rest(LOL). Gretzky was no 1 until Pepe Le Pew (Mario).  They both had amazing talent offensively but were lacking in the other end. Pepe was requesting to be left alone so he could attempt to catch Gretzky in points as G was left alone almost his entire career and don't say they couldn't touch what they couldn't catch that is pure BS. No 4 Bobby Orr The Greatest Of All Time!!!!!!!!! Prev posted 4/22/2009

Orr is my favourite all-time player but your simply not being open-minded when it comes to Gretzky.Nobody floats their way to a 92 goal season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

if you believe he was the best ever thats fine.  Stats, records and everything else points to Gretzky.  Why wasnt Orr's number retired by the league.  You dont think people ran at gretzky?  Come on.  If you are gonna argue at least be open minded.  you are blinded. 
    Offensive players?  Yes they were...but he has just about every record going.   60 NHL records, most pts, more assists than the next closest in pts, more cups, more playoff pts, , most goals, more everything.  +/- is a good stat.  but look at this yrs leader and tell me they are the best player in the world.  I realize there are 2 ends of the ice.  problem is gretzky was always in the other end.

Mario shouldnt even be in this discusion to be honest.  I would give Orr a chance if he wasn't drowned by everything Gretzky accomplished. 

its not close. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Listened to you know it all stat spouters for the last 25 years, oh yeah you are 25 so I guess that'll be another 25.  You barely even seen him play, yet in his prime or Pepe(whom head to head was better), compare your oranges to grapefruits. Neither played 40 let alone 30 mins a game nor controlled the puck or the game.    Wannabe fan watch your old tapes and read the record books. If that's what you want, go back to the early years. There is a guy Newsy Lalonde scored 115 goals in his first 78 Nhl games (I Guess that makes him the best, they didn't keep track of assists back then).    Dime a dozen, aw shucks gomer, that hurts.
    Greatest Of All Time!

Posted 4/23/2009

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

People who would choose Gretzky over Orr
    1. Are under 40 (never seen Orr play-I don't mean old videos)
     2.Media Types (where do these guys come from, includes x-players and item 5.) 3.Finesse Players (Couldn't or wouldn't hit or take a hit)
    4.Fact or Record Spouters (Orr won every trophy gretzky won- Gretzky never won a Norris (LOL))
     5.Unintelligent fans(cannot tell the difference between their as* and a hole in the ground)
    Which are you? Last Item:
    Question: Would Edm have won without Gretzky? Answer: Yes, 1990 against our B's a very good team.
    Question: Would Bos have won without Orr? Answer: No didn't even make the playoffs without him, he turned castoffs into Superstars-(Espo-Chi, Bucyk-Det, Hodge-Chi better with him but soured after) Greatest Of All Time!

Listened to you know it all stat spouters for the last 25 years, oh yeah you are 25 so I guess that'll be another 25.  You barely even seen him play, yet in his prime or Pepe(whom head to head was better), compare your oranges to grapefruits. Neither played 40 let alone 30 mins a game nor controlled the puck or the game.    Wannabe fan watch your old tapes and read the record books. If that's what you want, go back to the early years. There is a guy Newsy Lalonde scored 115 goals in his first 78 Nhl games (I Guess that makes him the best, they didn't keep track of assists back then).    Dime a dozen, aw shucks gomer, that hurts.
    Greatest Of All Time!

Posted 4/23/2009

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Thanks 'Tommy617'....I agree about Cup Rings not TRANSFORMING anyone, I think, like you, I'm talking about CHARACTER, which in a later post, I called 'heart and soul'. Lets say for argument's sake that they are roughly the same thing. I bring up Gretzky for coach, I bring up Cup Rings on the roster, to open up a larger discussion about how a Stanley Cup culture is built.

I think we both agree building a better more comprehensive 'culture of character' starts with one guy - no it doesn't have to be 'Ring bearer'  - I think you said it should start with your #1 Centre and I agree.  You mentioned Richards or Staal and those are two great examples of what a #1 Centre should be. In Boston that guy is Savard or Krejci.  Maybe it's as simple as that: The Bruins don't have that 'horse' at centre (and conventional wisdom says you need two to win a Cup)

So if the culture of character is going to grow in Boston and not necessarily from the #1 centre position, it must come from elsewhere. I suggested Gretzky to coach the Bruins as a lark, because he is a multi-Cup Winner, because he ALWAYS showed up and because he always played to win.

If the Bruins have this area covered, then I humbly defer. But I don't see it.

I just don't see enough of it coming from above, on or beyond the Bruins bench on a consistent enough basis to warrant breathlessness for the upcoming Playoffs.

I guess I'm saying - like the cook above the soup - it still needs...something

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

1st- Tiger Woods?  I think that sport was safe.  How is he doing now.  Sports are a marathon. 
    Posted by shuperman

That sport was close to going under. Endorsements were near nothing. Tiger Woods single handedly put golf back on the map. Look at the numbers. There is a reason he is called the most influential athlete of all time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

People who would choose Gretzky over Orr 1. Are under 40 (never seen Orr play-I don't mean old videos)  2.Media Types (where do these guys come from, includes x-players and item 5.) 3.Finesse Players (Couldn't or wouldn't hit or take a hit) 4.Fact or Record Spouters (Orr won every trophy gretzky won- Gretzky never won a Norris (LOL))  5.Unintelligent fans(cannot tell the difference between their as* and a hole in the ground) Which are you? Last Item: Question: Would Edm have won without Gretzky? Answer: Yes, 1990 against our B's a very good team. Question: Would Bos have won without Orr? Answer: No didn't even make the playoffs without him, he turned castoffs into Superstars-(Espo-Chi, Bucyk-Det, Hodge-Chi better with him but soured after) Greatest Of All Time! Listened to you know it all stat spouters for the last 25 years, oh yeah you are 25 so I guess that'll be another 25.  You barely even seen him play, yet in his prime or Pepe(whom head to head was better), compare your oranges to grapefruits. Neither played 40 let alone 30 mins a game nor controlled the puck or the game.    Wannabe fan watch your old tapes and read the record books. If that's what you want, go back to the early years. There is a guy Newsy Lalonde scored 115 goals in his first 78 Nhl games (I Guess that makes him the best, they didn't keep track of assists back then).    Dime a dozen, aw shucks gomer, that hurts. Greatest Of All Time! Posted 4/23/2009

I can be an Orr fan and still acknowledge Gretzkys' contributions to the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I think an arguement could be made for orr if he played longer. Mario was def the most skilled player, but Wayne Gretzky is the best player to ever lace up skates

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

sindy,
    I dont know if i would say mario was the most skilled, I think orr could go in that definition, I think if you value passing and vision its gretzky hands down..

no.4 way to be short sighted and date yourself.. Most of the hockey world consider gretzky to be the greatest player ever, the nick name the great one predates most 25 year olds..

Orr certainly is up there, is debatable, but if you not willing to accept that people can be entitled to the opinion that it is gretzky (who is like i said the commonly accepted greatest player ever) you have no validity on this post..

I can give you stats to support any one of these guys, and they are actually valid, not just "you didnt see him you don't know, I am a bruins fan"

I would give the nod to gretzky based on his individual accomplishments, his life time accomplishments, and the "every single offensive record he holds"

but since that makes me untelligent, i will give you the reasons why you could argue for orr..

1, his career was cut short by injuries to you cant look at career points..

but

8 straight norris trophies,
    lead the league in scoring 2 times (only d man to ever to that)
    set the all time single season mark for goals by a dman (later broken by coffey)
    6 of the top 10 single seasons by a dman belong to orr, 4 to coffey
    4th all time in points p game (the only d man) only trails gretz, mario, bossy.  (this is probably the strongest of all arguments)

Sections
Shortcuts