THE HABS LOOK OUT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

THE HABS LOOK OUT

The Bruins have found a way to win this short season with great goal tending, defence and timely scoring, BUT look out the Habs are tied with us atop of the conference and this is a very big game for us on Sunday.

The Bruins and Habs both are coming off back to backs with the Habs having the tougher time in losing in OT to the Pens in a high scoring game and that may help the Bruins at home. The B's have to use all they have in their arsinal to keep their hold on 1st and score as much as possible and on the PP.

The Habs are much improved and the test for the Bruins and TR will be to play their game at a much higher level and be as physical as they can.

A win for the Bruins vs the Habs will be the confidence boaster they need in this short season to be the stepping stone to get us the cup. It will also keep in 1ST.

GOOOOOOO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

Re: THE HABS LOOK OUT

In response to brunod's comment:

The Bruins have found a way to win this short season with great goal tending, defence and timely scoring, BUT look out the Habs are tied with us atop of the conference and this is a very big game for us on Sunday.

The Bruins and Habs both are coming off back to backs with the Habs having the tougher time in losing in OT to the Pens in a high scoring game and that may help the Bruins at home. The B's have to use all they have in their arsinal to keep their hold on 1st and score as much as possible and on the PP.

The Habs are much improved and the test for the Bruins and TR will be to play their game at a much higher level and be as physical as they can.

A win for the Bruins vs the Habs will be the confidence boaster they need in this short season to be the stepping stone to get us the cup. It will also keep in 1ST.

GO HABSSssssssssssssss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Bruins Have 3 games in hand-- and are 1-0 vs Montreal.  Not tied in my book.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I expect mtl. to put Budaj (sp) in net, Price was busy last night 7 goals. Rask is in tonight for the Bruins. Smart move by CJ to sit Rask on Saturday. So far advantage Bruins.

Pandolfo will hopefully take Thornton's spot on RW, Pandolfo defensive skills will be better then Thornton's recent disappearing act. Keep Bourque Jr. in cause his speed will help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

I expect mtl. to put Budaj (sp) in net, Price was busy last night 7 goals. Rask is in tonight for the Bruins. Smart move by CJ to sit Rask on Saturday. So far advantage Bruins.

Pandolfo will hopefully take Thornton's spot on RW, Pandolfo defensive skills will be better then Thornton's recent disappearing act. Keep Bourque Jr. in cause his speed will help.

Im thinking the same.  Price wasnt very good last night.  Montreal is a fast club with more snarl in their game.  

Im predicting 4-3 bruins win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Im thinking the same.  Price wasnt very good last night.  Montreal is a fast club with more snarl in their game.  

Im predicting 4-3 bruins win. 

Hope you are right. I watched the game last night as well and Carey Price could use a breather. The only problem Budaj hasn't been that bad , I think he shut out the Flyers. I am going to the game tonight hope the Bruins win but it will tough. I expect the Canadiens to play better team D. Alright I just got out of morning church have to go back to bed. Have a good day all and one more thing GO BRUINS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That Mtl-Pitt game was entertaining but not great hockey.  Vokoun was turribul.  The goal that earned the Scabs a point - a long, not especially difficult blast by Gionta - was horrid.  Did anyone else catch Crosby throwing his arms up as if to say "oh, come on!  We just took the lead for F--- sake!"  Pitt had their way with Price, but neither team was playing well defensively.  Tortorella would have repeated his "ugly game" rant about being the uglier of two ugly teams last night.  Bad.

The Bruins will play into what the Scabs need if they don't push for a fast start.  If they let this  one start slow, both teams will settle into their structure and it will be more chess match than anything.  Two early goals and then keeping the foot down would be nice, especially if Budaj's in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

THE HABS LOOK OUT.................................AND SEE THE BRUINS GETTING FURTHER....AND FURTHER....AND FURTHER....AND FURTHER....AHEAD OF THEM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Finally Claude has noticed what we've all been saying. Replace Thornton with Pandolfo permanently. Pandolfo not only helps the 4th line, but he kills penalties very well as in the 4 minutes to Lucic. Bourque is also showing his limitations, and hopefully he will also be replaced. Seidenberg plays with experience, but he is slowing down, and Ference is also showing some degradation in his coverage. Should be a good game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Man , i watched parts of the Penguin/Scab game and Price & Vokoun were brutal. The announcer Hrudey was on Price's jock all night but it didn't help. Sometimes he seems lost out there and Vokoun,what happened with this guy? I thought he took a 1 year deal with Washington last year for $1 mil so that he could prove he is a number one guy and get a big free agent deal, he's out right horrible and has been every game i've watched him this year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wouldn't it be nice to see the Bruins score 5 or more today against their arch rivals? Add a shut out for Tuuuuuuuuuuuuka, and it's the perfect outcome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't know what Price's deal was last night, but he was napping on many plays.  Voukon got lit up by Florida, also, which is a feat in itself.  He's bad.

Unfortunately, tonight's game is very different.  This is Bruins/Montreal.  Nothing else matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

GO Habsssssssssssssssssssss Go

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The Bruins will play into what the Scabs need if they don't push for a fast start.  If they let this  one start slow, both teams will settle into their structure and it will be more chess match than anything.  Two early goals and then keeping the foot down would be nice, especially if Budaj's in.

Exactly what I was about to post.  After last night Habs will play shut down Defense.  Therrien does not want them to open , especially on the road.  It'll be as boring as the 1st period against the Sens if Bruins don't push for a fast start.  They need to have the Habs open up, get away from their system and game plan. 

Even though Jacques Martin is not there anymore they still box you to the perimeter and wait to jump up on a quick rush. Beware.

I still say Bruins win this one.

p.s. Price will start, no1 goalie for no1 spot . Should be a no-brainer and Price to redeem himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't know what Price's deal was last night, but he was napping on many plays.  Voukon got lit up by Florida, also, which is a feat in itself.  He's bad.

Unfortunately, tonight's game is very different.  This is Bruins/Montreal.  Nothing else matters.

Very true Nas, throw all the previous performances, stats, trends and such out the window, these games have a life of their own.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want MacDermid in the game, hope Julien dresses him. I didn't like aulie running around yesterday and I don't want Lucic or McQuaid in the box with White playing. Let MacDermid do his job and get White off the ice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I want MacDermid in the game, hope Julien dresses him. I didn't like aulie running around yesterday and I don't want Lucic or McQuaid in the box with White playing. Let MacDermid do his job and get White off the ice.

Maybe Johnny B wants another crack at him, this time he'll be ready instead of waiting for White to jump him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Maybe Johnny B wants another crack at him, this time he'll be ready instead of waiting for White to jump him.

50, I wonder if White has ever been in a fight where he squared off first. He's constantly jumping guys out there. I was glad to see him cost the Habs a game when he was caught doing it earlier this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

50, I wonder if White has ever been in a fight where he squared off first. He's constantly jumping guys out there. I was glad to see him cost the Habs a game when he was caught doing it earlier this year.

Just checked his fight card on hockeyfights.com and White tends to lose quite badly when he squares off evenly, hence his "attack out of the blue" strategy....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Just checked his fight card on hockeyfights.com and White tends to lose quite badly when he squares off evenly, hence his "attack out of the blue" strategy....

Looks like he took a page out of Burrow's book

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Weird thing about White is that he was a scorer in junior and hardly fought back then. Not sure what happened early in his professional career. His game changed quite significantly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Weird thing about White is that he was a scorer in junior and hardly fought back then. Not sure what happened early in his professional career. His game changed quite significantly.

Maybe the scoring part of his game didn't translate to the pro's as has happened before.To keep a job in the big leagues players will do anything to keep a job. Apparently though his fighting prowess isn't his forte but has landed him a job. Wasn't Thornton or Grimson a big scorer in junior?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Maybe the scoring part of his game didn't translate to the pro's as has happened before.To keep a job in the big leagues players will do anything to keep a job. Apparently though his fighting prowess isn't his forte but has landed him a job. Wasn't Thornton or Grimson a big scorer in junior?

Zenon Konopka is sort of an example as well.  He's been fighting all along, but not to the extent that he does now.  He can't score in the NHL to save his soul, but his he fought his way into the league and has kept his locker because of it.  Of course, he's also a pretty good third line player and is great at faceoffs, but no one would have considered him for a full time NHL job if he weren't slugging it out with EVERYONE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Thankfully the curious officiating of Ghislain Hebert and Eric Furlatt will be elsewhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Excited to watch this one! Bs strength vs MTLs speed is always an intriguing matchup to me.

Sections
Shortcuts