The Hamilton Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: The Hamilton Question

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Regarding Hamilton's play so far this year. There's an argument to made that his overall play has been the best amongst B's defensemen. 

And with his defensive play ? What happened ? No complaints at all from me. He has performed beyond my expectations with this part of his game ( which is different then others of course ). The offensive end is starting to heat up game by game.

Steady and keeping it simple.  Looks very good so far.   and like you said with confidence his offence will come.  Still need another NHL d-man though.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Regarding Hamilton's play so far this year. There's an argument to made that his overall play has been the best amongst B's defensemen. 

And with his defensive play ? What happened ? No complaints at all from me. He has performed beyond my expectations with this part of his game ( which is different then others of course ). The offensive end is starting to heat up game by game.

I've seen improvement in each game.  Huge maturity.  I've got this kid picked for the Calder!

I don't believe his game has peaked yet for this season, it will be interesting to see where that set point is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I've seen improvement in each game.  Huge maturity.  I've got this kid picked for the Calder!

I don't believe his game has peaked yet for this season, it will be interesting to see where that set point is.

Yes, you've been patient and consistent with your thoughts about Hamilton. There has been no panic in your game.

P.S. Rollercoaster of love......oooo.....ooooo....ooooo 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kels says

"Chiarelli's record of picking outside of the top 10 so far isn't anything to write home about."

And then there are 2 responses about the Stanley Cup roster & winning the cup.

These 2 responses do not address draft picks.

I have heard PC say that a team feels there is competition for their jobs they play better because there is competition from below.  So drafting well is important even if you have a Stanley Cup lineup.

They do if people want to know why these picks haven't been promoted to the Bruins. The Bruins, considered as a top 3 team in the NHL by many, have little room to promote from within.

One of the points I made somewhere (probably in a TL:DR) is that most of the Bruins' 1st-3rd rounders in the Chiarelli era haven't even seemed to push for roster spots. Hamill was never a really productive scorer in the AHL. Colborne's AHL numbers haven't been much different than Hamill's, and Caron's have been worse - and yes, he's the one guy who has made a real case for NHL employment.  Cross and Button have barely been able to crack the Providence lineup let alone star, and Hutchinson has been trumped by Svedberg. So, while there haven't been many opportunities, there have been some (beating out Pouliot, Bourque or Johnson), and the only guy who has come anywhere close to sticking around to compete for ice time was Spooner last year.  He may be the exception in all of this, but it's very early.

Point being that opportunity seems like a much smaller part of the equation given the lack of success they've had.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, you've been patient and consistent with your thoughts about Hamilton. There has been no panic in your game.

P.S. Rollercoaster of love......oooo.....ooooo....ooooo 

I was critical of him in the scrimmage with Providence.  Find any other post that I've made where my love was anything other than undying and forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Hamilton has done more than what i expected of him and i had high expectations of him. He looks like he could produce more than adam larrson did in his first nhl season. The one question i had was it seemed like after hamilton created the first pp pts of the season cj limited his minutes on the pp. Does he not want us to ever score on the pp i dont get it. Anyways once siedez comes back wow this bruins team looks good, if we can stay healthy all season the sky is the limit.