The Hamilton Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: The Hamilton Question

"2 years later he's not playing hockey anymore"

How you could possibly even think this after watching last nights game or even watching all of Hamiltons OHL games is absolutely inconcivible. I don't understand your thought process when making even statements about Matt Grzelcyk that you have. Your getting way ahead of yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Nervousness probably got the best of Hamilton last night. Hopefully he can get over that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

On the Boston team last night, the only guy in a position comparable to Hamilton was Johnson.  Every other player is either a veteran of last year's team who's familiar with the players and the system, or, in the case of Bourque, plays on a team where the system is designed to feed the Boston system.  Hamilton's a rookie playing with the first team after three practices.  I'm glad he didn't screw himself into the ice, hurt himself, or make the mistake of fighting Bobby Robins (little rusty Adam?). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

and I never thought I'd say this, but even the anouncers last night were talking about sending Hamilton back to jr during or after his 6 game limit.

That would be interesting. I think it was just assumed by many that Hamilton would walk in and take a top 4 spot. If he is sent back to juniors I am not sure who moves up. McQuaid is a bottom pairing guy and just coming off a major injury to boot. Johnson? Bartkowsi? Warsofsky? Hmm.....

I've been chatting about this recently.  We need a solid dman pickup.  Someone who can log some key minutes.  McQ is not a top 4. Neither is AF. Boychuk is borderline.  Chara seidz are studs.  After them it's a crap shoot for minutes.  

I like the redden idea.  He played with chara.  Would come cheap and will do everything to show the world why he was a world class player.  

I have been rather cold to the Redden idea since Freidman mentioned it because, well, its Redden....a guy who has been sucking even in the AHL. That said, he may well be a decent temporary option, provided he comes cheap as you say. We should have suspected something was up with that report, obviously PC is starting to weigh his options.

If this is true, why are there reportedly many teams interested in him with Friedman's rumour ? Your opinion of how he's been playing might be a bit off compared to what NHL people think.

P.S. In the rumour it was suggested Redden has been playing well and should be in the NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"2 years later he's not playing hockey anymore"

How you could possibly even think this after watching last nights game or even watching all of Hamiltons OHL games is absolutely inconcivible. I don't understand your thought process when making even statements about Matt Grzelcyk that you have. Your getting way ahead of yourself.

See one day of observing Camara skate in circles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

and I never thought I'd say this, but even the anouncers last night were talking about sending Hamilton back to jr during or after his 6 game limit.

Why do you think 10th round draft pick Bob Beers is in a radio booth and not a scout, on an NHL development team or a coach ?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am very high on this kid.

But he was just horrendous last night.

Again - what happened?

Everyone has a bad day of doing their job...........even waiters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

That would be interesting. I think it was just assumed by many that Hamilton would walk in and take a top 4 spot. If he is sent back to juniors I am not sure who moves up. McQuaid is a bottom pairing guy and just coming off a major injury to boot. Johnson? Bartkowsi? Warsofsky? Hmm.....

I've been chatting about this recently.  We need a solid dman pickup.  Someone who can log some key minutes.  McQ is not a top 4. Neither is AF. Boychuk is borderline.  Chara seidz are studs.  After them it's a crap shoot for minutes.  

I like the redden idea.  He played with chara.  Would come cheap and will do everything to show the world why he was a world class player.  

I have been rather cold to the Redden idea since Freidman mentioned it because, well, its Redden....a guy who has been sucking even in the AHL. That said, he may well be a decent temporary option, provided he comes cheap as you say. We should have suspected something was up with that report, obviously PC is starting to weigh his options.

If this is true, why are there reportedly many teams interested in him with Friedman's rumour ? Your opinion of how he's been playing might be a bit off compared to what NHL people think.

P.S. In the rumour it was suggested Redden has been playing well and should be in the NHL.

Three teams do not constitute "many." He is pursued for the same reason the Corvo's and Commodore's of the world still find employment....teams are desperate to find warm bodies to plug holes in their D and hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Three teams do not constitute "many." He is pursued for the same reason the Corvo's and Commodore's of the world still find employment....teams are desperate to find warm bodies to plug holes in their D and hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

Ummm................. I lstened to Friedman's interview and those were three stated off the top of his head . He didn't name them all as it was a question directed at him in mid sentence of another thought which he continued on with. 

Many !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ummm................. I lstened to Friedman's interview and those were three stated off the top of his head . He didn't name them all as it was a question directed at him in mid sentence of another thought which he continued on with. 

Many !

So we ar basing this all on an offhand comment made by a reporter who was just musing from the top of his head while answering a completely different question......solid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why do you think 10th round draft pick Bob Beers is in a radio booth and not a scout, on an NHL development team or a coach ?

Again - what happened?

Absolutely false. Either your expectations are way too high or you really don't know what you're talking about. Actually, I now suspect it's a combination of the two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I watched last night and while I think/hope he is going to be a fine defenseman he looked like a 19 year old playing defense at the NHL level. nothing more, nothing less. We'll see more of that should he stick with the club this year, but we'll see flashes of why he was picked so high. Might go on for a year two then his game will round into more consistency. Lets not get to overworked about a scrimmage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Many !

So we ar basing this all on an offhand comment made by a reporter who was just musing from the top of his head while answering a completely different question......solid.

Actually JM, my buddy who scouts the Eastern teams told me last year that the Rangers were very pleased with how Redden was playing in the minors and that he was clearly just priced out of a position with the big club. They apparently really liked the way he helped out the younger players and couldn't say enough about how much he acted like a pro with his attitude, etc. I'd love to see Redden in Boston for a low price. Like Shupe pointed out, everyone counted Souray out too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Hamiltons play in the scrimmage was just a continuation of his mediocre world junior tournament. I also think/hope that this is just a case of the nerves and knowing all eyes were on him and i'm sure he's already read where he's been penciled in for a roster spot and maybe thought he better show everyone why, who knows. After calming down and settling in we'll see more of the real Dougie as Claude alluded to in his post game comments. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Actually JM, my buddy who scouts the Eastern teams told me last year that the Rangers were very pleased with how Redden was playing in the minors and that he was clearly just priced out of a position with the big club. They apparently really liked the way he helped out the younger players and couldn't say enough about how much he acted like a pro with his attitude, etc. I'd love to see Redden in Boston for a low price. Like Shupe pointed out, everyone counted Souray out too.

Fair enough then Dez. As long as he gets Scott Hannan money ($1mill) and not Travis Zajac money ($1 zilllion)....:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fair enough then Dez. As long as he gets Scott Hannan money ($1mill) and not Travis Zajac money ($1 zilllion)....:)

You read my mind JM because 1 mill is the amount I was thinking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Does someone have a problem with Hamilton?

If you do, let me know and I'll arrange a get-together with you and Dougie so you can sort it all out.

I'll be at the Ice Wine Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake this weekend, I'll see what Mama & Papa Hamilton have to say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

If you do, let me know and I'll arrange a get-together with you and Dougie so you can sort it all out.

I'll be at the Ice Wine Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake this weekend, I'll see what Mama & Papa Hamilton have to say.

Sounds like trouble . ;p

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Just throwing this out there...OK? Don't send the linch mob. IF you're PC do you even consider giving Hamilton to the Habs for the rights of PK Subban? Let's just say that Chara, Looch, McQuaid & Thornton put the fear of GOD into him & tell him that if he doesn't stop his antics they'll castrate him. Would any of you think about making this kind of deal?

Don't even go there!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Hmm this ice looks ok to walk on." Wine

"Please don't step me, that's the wine talking to you." Ice

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

Awesome. Dougie and Badhab goin at it with Wheats as the fight promoter. This is a first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You read my mind JM because 1 mill is the amount I was thinking.

$1million seems to be the acceptable going rate for a 5-6 D aging vet. I would have no problem with this. Would have went after Hannan myself though, or Aucoin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Watched the 2nd/3rd periods, thought Hamilton looked fine.  Got caught out of position on Florek goal, but other than that, he did not look out of place.

McQuaid on the other hand, looked terrible.  Left me thinking he is just not ready, kind of a shell of himself and not just because Robins dropped him.  I would be surprised to see him in the line-up this weekend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It was the worst game I've seen him play, including the jr championship when they played the U.S.

I thought Hamilton looked better, actually good and NHL ready in last year's preseason games.

And I think a couple players from that AHL lineup have earned some NHL spots for the first few games until a couple of roster guys get it together.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Wheats, just let him know I've got an eye on him.

Look what happened to Camara's career once the word got out!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Again - what happened?

Absolutely false. Either your expectations are way too high or you really don't know what you're talking about. Actually, I now suspect it's a combination of the two.

horrendous ???   no comment , I'm with you Dez.

Sections
Shortcuts