The handling of Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

The handling of Brad Marchand

I realize the 4th line has played well but IMO it has been carried by Brad Marchand. Yet no matter who gets hurt CJ doesn't give this guy a chance with better players. Paille comes in tonight & gets put on a line with Savard. Why not move Marchand up with Savard?

Marchand has been outstanding this season but never gets a promotion to play with better players. The guy is one of the best wingers on the team & CJ is underutilizing him. I don't understand the treatment or reward system by CJ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: The handling of Brad Marchand

In Response to The handling of Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]I realize the 4th line has played well but IMO it has been carried by Brad Marchand. Yet no matter who gets hurt CJ doesn't give this guy a chance with better players. Paille comes in tonight & gets put on a line with Savard. Why not move Marchand up with Savard? Marchand has been outstanding this season but never gets a promotion to play with better players. The guy is one of the best wingers on the team & CJ is underutilizing him. I don't understand the treatment or reward system by CJ.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Marchand is fine on the 4th line, although it would have been nice to see him with Savvy instead of Paille (who actually had a really good game tonight).  The 4th line has been very effective this year and that's why he hasn't been moved up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: The handling of Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The handling of Brad Marchand : Marchand is fine on the 4th line, although it would have been nice to see him with Savvy instead of Paille (who actually had a really good game tonight).  The 4th line has been very effective this year and that's why he hasn't been moved up.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Although not a fan, i was surprised by Paille's decent play tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to The handling of Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]I realize the 4th line has played well but IMO it has been carried by Brad Marchand. Yet no matter who gets hurt CJ doesn't give this guy a chance with better players. Paille comes in tonight & gets put on a line with Savard. Why not move Marchand up with Savard? Marchand has been outstanding this season but never gets a promotion to play with better players. The guy is one of the best wingers on the team & CJ is underutilizing him. I don't understand the treatment or reward system by CJ.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

When the pace car does a good job, it's a good pace car.  It doens't make it a stock car.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

MArchand is finally beginning to play like he did i nthe juniors! He'll be a major force for this team in years to come. For now, let's all be patient and give the kid time to grow and adapt to the big league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Marchand is doing well in his role because the role he is in is what he is best at. Moving him up, at least at this point, would be putting him in a role he is not suited for and I think he would struggle. I like him right where he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand is doing well in his role because the role he is in is what he is best at. Moving him up, at least at this point, would be putting him in a role he is not suited for and I think he would struggle. I like him right where he is.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

How do you know that? He hasn't had the chance. He has showed skill on that linebut you don't feel he could bring more then Paille, Recchi or Wheeler up in the top 3 lines?

THe guy deserves an opportunity to assist with secondary scoring because right now it is only Krejci, Lucic & Horton providing any offence or consistant attack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

the 4th line is playing great, why break them up for 1 night??  If it was an injury, you would see possible the lines getting juggled and players moving around.. That wasnt the case.. And I think crediting marchand for all of the lines success is a vast overstatemet.. Thornton is having a career year, campbell is all over the puck, Marchand has 1 ES goal and 3 short handed goals, thornton has 5 es, cambell with 3, they are playing well as a unit, savy's line doesnt play the same game and marchands not a dominate player thats going to get it done on his own..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Newfie. I don't know. Neither do you. It's just my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thats the difference. I didn't claim to know. My point is Marchand has deserved an opportunity to see what he can do up in the top 9. To plant him on the 4th line regardless of his play is totally unfair to Marchand & very stubborn on CJ's part when you have trouble getting secondary scoring. CJ has to stop being conservative & try some different things other then " guys, lets stick to the system" regardless of the situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My post was not a statement of fact and didn't pretend to be anything other than opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Is there anyone here at all thats sick and tired of CJ playing with the lines like its midget hockey ? Set the lines and leave them alone, if someone is injured, replace him with someone  thats not on a regular line.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Wally- i think his lines have been rigid for too long.  The 4th line does support your point.  They have been left together and have been productive.  On the flip side, Bergy needs some help: Wheeler and Rex don't compliment him.  After a red hot start, i think the top trio could do more(mainly Krejci).  I also am not happy with Savvy with Ryder...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The handling of Brad Marchand : I heard from an inside source that he washed his hands with Palm Olive before the game.  That's why he had such soft hands. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

LOL! Time to start up a collection to send a case of Palmolive to Paille.  It is prob the only way he keeps up any resemblance of decent play!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Paille did play a decent game last night but that is just it nothing more than a decent game. Marchand should have been on the 3rd line because he is a better NHL player than Daniel at this point.

Paille should never ever play anything but the 4th line ever. Brad was everywhere last night Julien should have recognized this as well as recognizing that Marchand has much better hands than Paille. Not saying it would have had an impact on last nights game but Newfie is making a good point about hands.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Paille did play a decent game last night but that is just it nothing more than a decent game. Marchand should have been on the 3rd line because he is a better NHL player than Daniel at this point. Paille should never ever play anything but the 4th line ever. Brad was everywhere last night Julien should have recognized this as well as recognizing that Marchand has much better hands than Paille. Not saying it would have had an impact on last nights game but Newfie is making a good point about hands.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Probably didn't want to move Marchand off the 4th line for 1 game just to be moved back after.Continuity is the only reason Paille plays on a higher line than Marchand at any time this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The handling of Brad Marchand : When the pace car does a good job, it's a good pace car.  It doens't make it a stock car.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    oh so witty nas...but this "lesser poster" has a valid point...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm also on the try Marchand bandwagon. I mean I scream at CJ for not holding players accountable for bad play. I'm certainly going to scream that Marchand deserves to be put up to the 3rd line ahead of Paille! Every line in the nhl pretty much gets broken up for some reason or another during the season. It wouldn't hurt CJ one bit for being intuitive enough to try something.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]I'm also on the try Marchand bandwagon. I mean I scream at CJ for not holding players accountable for bad play. I'm certainly going to scream that Marchand deserves to be put up to the 3rd line ahead of Paille! Every line in the nhl pretty much gets broken up for some reason or another during the season. It wouldn't hurt CJ one bit for being intuitive enough to try something.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Nitemare,
    I think this makes sense if the bruins were planning for it, but if seguin was out sick, whats the benefit of breaking up a line for one night of play?  The 4th line is playing well, moving Marchand up for 1 game to play with a line he had not played with serves little purpose..Marchand played 14:51, Paille played 10, wheeler played 14, so whats the problem with his ice time?   The 4th line is outplaying the wheeler ryder line, so they are seeing more time..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

All the talks been about "The fourth line is so good this year" or maybe its just Marchand.

KHL
    Bergeron-Savard-Seguin
    Marchand-Wheeler-Recchi
    Thornton-Campbel-Ryder

might as well move him up and see what happens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Paille did play a decent game last night but that is just it nothing more than a decent game. Marchand should have been on the 3rd line because he is a better NHL player than Daniel at this point. Paille should never ever play anything but the 4th line ever. Brad was everywhere last night Julien should have recognized this as well as recognizing that Marchand has much better hands than Paille. Not saying it would have had an impact on last nights game but Newfie is making a good point about hands.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I've been saying.  For that one night I would have broken up the line and put Marchand with Savvy and Ryder.  Then this would have been the real 3rd line.
    Any line Paille is on automatically becomes your 4th line.
    Bullet,  btw Julien did put Marchand on a line with Seguin a few weeks ago when Krejci was hurt. Didn't really have an impact although he does stir things up and brings energy to any line he's on.
    Marchand thus far has impressed me. Was not a big fan at the beginning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm with Newfie. Marchand may be listed as a 4th liner, but Paille is a 5th/AHL liner...why should he get to ride shotgun with Savard, even for one night? Marchand has earned a shot to spell a player on a "supposed" offensive line. What has Paille EVER done besides being a decent penalty killer? It's not like Stonehands is ill suited to play with Campbell and Thornton.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]All the talks been about "The fourth line is so good this year" or maybe its just Marchand. KHL Bergeron-Savard-Seguin Marchand-Wheeler-Recchi Thornton-Campbel-Ryder might as well move him up and see what happens.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

how would it be the 4th line has been so good and yet its all marchand??  Thornton has more goals, campbell has one less, and most of marchands goals are shorthanded, not being scored at even strength, the line has played well..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The handling of Brad Marchand : oh so witty nas...but this "lesser poster" has a valid point...
    Posted by Number4forever[/QUOTE]

You'll have to wait another 77 posts before 'Your Highness' replies to you .