The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

Most of you see old highlights of the past Jarome and think he can still do it. Think again.

Play-by-play Man Jim Hughson, speaking on Sportsline just moments ago, said in no uncertain terms: "Some nights Jarome can keep up with the play, and other nights he is Dany Heatley. Which is to say Heatley can't keep up with the play, plants himself in front of the net and waits for the puck to come to him."

He also stated that if Iginla were to end up in Chicago, the team would be too fast for him and it would be unlikely that he could contribute. A better fit woud be Boston or LA where the emphasis is not on speed.

Do you still like this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

How many forwards is Iginla better than on the Bruins roster ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He probably couldn't keep up with Marchand or Seguin.

I'm going to guess he could keep pace with Fat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Better than Lucic, Horton, 3rd and 4th lines. 

I heard Hughson too, and it got me thinking. How much do you really want to give up for him. I still think he'd be great for one playoff run, but not too many more than that.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Out of the 4 teams Iginla said he would waive his NMC for, Boston is probably the best fit.

I could keep up with Fat right now and I strained a hammy last week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I heard Hughson too, and it got me thinking. How much do you really want to give up for him. I still think he'd be great for one playoff run, but not too many more than that.

I would be very suprised if Iginla and Ference didn't sign with Calgary this summer no matter where they end up at the deadline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Bingo.....this team could do a lot worse than obtaining a Jerome Iginla.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Most of you see old highlights of the past Jarome and think he can still do it. Think again.

Play-by-play Man Jim Hughson, speaking on Sportsline just moments ago, said in no uncertain terms: "Some nights Jarome can keep up with the play, and other nights he is Dany Heatley. Which is to say Heatley can't keep up with the play, plants himself in front of the net and waits for the puck to come to him."

He also stated that if Iginla were to end up in Chicago, the team would be too fast for him and it would be unlikely that he could contribute. A better fit woud be Boston or LA where the emphasis is not on speed.

yes, as long as the farm isn't sold....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He probably couldn't keep up with Marchand or Seguin.

I'm going to guess he could keep pace with Fat.

Good one NAS. I think we all could lately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He would be third in team scoring after a terrible start and on a terrible team.  yes.  I still LOVE this guy.  Dont ever compare a future hof to that joke heatley.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

I totally agree with you, lets not relive the Kaberle and Peverley doughead moves PC made, his judgement stinks. Main reason we won the cup was because Thomas put on a goaltending performance for the ages not because of the 2 mentioned above. Peverley for Wheeler and Stuart how good does that move look now, Karberle looked disoriented was booed often and looked terrible. Looks like the asking price is high that's why Pitts got Morrow. Iglina best years are behind him. Cammalleri, Boyes and Hemsky would be better options the asking price would not be as steep because of the salary coming over 6 mil for Cammalleri  and 5 million for Hemsky, Boyes is a UFA in the summer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Just read on the Calgary site Iggy can be had for 2 prospects and a pick. PC should jump on this and Iggy should be in the lineup soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Don, anytime Mitchco98 agrees with your assertion, you know you are on the wrong side of the argument.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Don, anytime Mitchco98 agrees with your assertion, you know you are on the wrong side of the argument.

You are right lets give up the farm for a 35 year old that won't be on the B's roster next year. Main concern big guy is how Rask handles the bright lights of the playoffs. See Pittsburgh all that talent early exit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Tis not my assertion, JM. It is that of a professional PBP man who has seen him live for many, many years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

You are right lets give up the farm for a 35 year old that won't be on the B's roster next year. Main concern big guy is how Rask handles the bright lights of the playoffs. See Pittsburgh all that talent early exit.

Many wrong assumptions here:

1) no one is suggesting "giving up the farm" for a rental. No one.

2) Rask already has playoff experience.

3) suggesting the Pens are going to go out early is pure conjecture based on nothing more than your ill-informed opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Tis not my assertion, JM. It is that of a professional PBP man who has seen him live for many, many years.

Fair enough....cheers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I hope PC doesn't screw up like he did in '11.  I can't believe he traded Joe "The Farm" Colborne for a player that helped the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I hope PC doesn't screw up like he did in '11.  I can't believe he traded Joe "The Farm" Colbourne for a player that helped the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.

You mean Joe "The Beast" Colbourne don't you ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Many wrong assertions here:

3) suggesting the Pens are going to go out early is pure conjecture based on nothing more than your ill-informed opinion.

Not sure what your intial response to this post was. 

Biggest playoff colapse and the way he's been playing lately there should be alot of concern.

Did you not watch last year's playoffs??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I hope PC doesn't screw up like he did in '11.  I can't believe he traded Joe "The Farm" Colbourne for a player that helped the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.

You just read my mind Fluto 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You mean Joe "The Beast" Colbourne don't you ?

Yah that Joe the Beast and Tyler Biggs for Karlerle a guy that Boston actally drove to the airport that how much they wanted to retain his services. Face it was a bad move, PC's track record trade deadline moves is pretty bad. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I totally agree with you, lets not relive the Kaberle and Peverley doughead moves PC made, his judgement stinks. Main reason we won the cup was because Thomas put on a goaltending performance for the ages not because of the 2 mentioned above. Peverley for Wheeler and Stuart how good does that move look now, Karberle looked disoriented was booed often and looked terrible. Looks like the asking price is high that's why Pitts got Morrow. Iglina best years are behind him. Cammalleri, Boyes and Hemsky would be better options the asking price would not be as steep because of the salary coming over 6 mil for Cammalleri  and 5 million for Hemsky, Boyes is a UFA in the summer.

Remember when Horton got knocked out and Peverley played on the first line against Vancouver?  And how did that series/season end?  That move looks great.

How good does that Nieuwendyk for Iginla deal look right now to Dallas?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

O'Connell left this goaltender in Providence and then had him splitting duties with (oh the horror) Manny Fernandez.  God, remember that, fellas?  $4.2M for a middle of the road, often hurt goalie.

It was Chiarelli's poor judgement that decided that Thomas was a starter and gave him the reigns, correct?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I totally agree with you, lets not relive the Kaberle and Peverley doughead moves PC made, his judgement stinks. Main reason we won the cup was because Thomas put on a goaltending performance for the ages not because of the 2 mentioned above.  Peverley for Wheeler and Stuart how good does that move look now, Karberle looked disoriented was booed often and looked terrible. Looks like the asking price is high that's why Pitts got Morrow. Iglina best years are behind him. Cammalleri, Boyes and Hemsky would be better options the asking price would not be as steep because of the salary coming over 6 mil for Cammalleri  and 5 million for Hemsky, Boyes is a UFA in the summer.

Remember when Horton got knocked out and Peverley played on the first line against Vancouver?  And how did that series/season end?  That move looks great.

How good does that Nieuwendyk for Iginla deal look right now to Dallas?

Pev did play well, lets not kid ourselves TT was the main reason we won the cup and the main reason PC and Julien are still around after losing the first 2 at home against Montreal.