The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Jarome Iginla You Don't Know.

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Pev did play well, lets not kid ourselves TT was the main reason we won the cup and the main reason PC and Julien are still around after losing the first 2 at home against Montreal. 

And that is why Thomas won the Conn Smythe, right?

The victory, however, was a team effort.  Every piece came together and created a Cup victory for Boston.  To look now and suggest that the Peverley trade was a bad one is a cut scene from Momento.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kaberle,Peverley and Kelly led to a Cup. Would they have won without those deals, who knows, but they did, so to me, those were and are still considered great deals.

I respect Hughson, but I can't help but think he is toeing the company line here, knowing a deal may be immenent. How many highlight goals does Iginla have. Most of what I see he is parked in the slot, or closer to the net when he scores. I think he'd be a fine addition to this team as it is currently made up.

If Iginlas best days are behind him, the Morrows are not even close enough to see in the rearview mirror. I hope Iginla comes here, I hope he comes here without giving up Subban, but how fun would it be as a fan to add a player loke Iginla right now?

I don't care what Pittsburgh does, if the bruins get Iginla, they take the East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

MOC brought Thomas over from Europe, on who's reccomendation ? who knows. Right before O'Connell got canned he signed Thomas to a 3 year $900K a year deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

According to TSN it will have to be 

1st round pick

1 round prospect (Subban)

Prospect

Is a rental worth all of that? If a Stanely Cup returns because of it then yes, if not... what then?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to STFXbruins' comment:

According to TSN it will have to be 

1st round pick

1 round prospect (Subban)

Prospect

Is a rental worth all of that? If a Stanely Cup returns because of it then yes, if not... what then?

Yes.  Subban may arrive in 5-6 yrs.  maybe never.  A late 1st rounder is nothing.  Win now.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Kaberle,Peverley and Kelly led to a Cup. Would they have won without those deals, who knows, but they did, so to me, those were and are still considered great deals.

I respect Hughson, but I can't help but think he is toeing the company line here, knowing a deal may be immenent. How many highlight goals does Iginla have. Most of what I see he is parked in the slot, or closer to the net when he scores. I think he'd be a fine addition to this team as it is currently made up.

If Iginlas best days are behind him, the Morrows are not even close enough to see in the rearview mirror. I hope Iginla comes here, I hope he comes here without giving up Subban, but how fun would it be as a fan to add a player loke Iginla right now?

I don't care what Pittsburgh does, if the bruins get Iginla, they take the East.

Great post. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He's still got game, and in my opinion, the scenery change would re-ignite him from the doused out Flames. I hope Boston gets him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

He's still got game, and in my opinion, the scenery change would re-ignite him from the doused out Flames. I hope Boston gets him.

He definitely still got game.  Would be 3rd on this team in scoring.  and you can bet his engine would be pumped in a new place.   Bring him on.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Iginla has no more passion in his game in Calgary ...moving him to Boston you will see a much better and motivated player ...he scored over 30 goals last season dont forget ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Iginla has no more passion in his game in Calgary ...moving him to Boston you will see a much better and motivated player ...he scored over 30 goals last season dont forget ...

Every year. And his durabilty considering his style is amazing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

He definitely still got game.  Would be 3rd on this team in scoring.  and you can bet his engine would be pumped in a new place.   Bring him on.  

I don't question his engine. But how fast can you go when your wheels are wearing out?

He probably won't go to the net often, because it's a long way back to cover on defence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I don't question his engine. But how fast can you go when your wheels are wearing out?

He probably won't go to the net often, because it's a long way back to cover on defence.

Have you watched him over his career.  When has he slowed down.  Hes 35.  I dont see chara slowing down.  Why wont he go to the net?  The rink size hasnt changed.  he would be 3rd in scoring and i can see him leading this team in scoring by seasons end.  i dont think they are wearing out.  The guy is a freak of nature.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

yeah baby ! I'm pumped.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Have you watched him over his career.  When has he slowed down.  Hes 35.  I dont see chara slowing down.  Why wont he go to the net?  The rink size hasnt changed.  he would be 3rd in scoring and i can see him leading this team in scoring by seasons end.  i dont think they are wearing out.  The guy is a freak of nature.  

Jarome is not slowing down. I never had a heart attack. Wrong on both counts.

That's what happens when you get on in age. You can't fool Mother Nature, only yourself and maybe a few others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

On Hockey Central today, Doug Maclean mentioned that Chiarelli is having trouble making any deals, because everyone wants Ryan Spooner, and Chiarelli is refusing to include him.

He said that Dallas did not ask Morrow to waive his NTC, to go to Boston, because Chiarelli would not trade Spooner.

I have no problem with Chiarelli, refusing to give up the future, for a rental. Sometimes, the deal you don't make, is the best thing you can do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

On Hockey Central today, Doug Maclean mentioned that Chiarelli is having trouble making any deals, because everyone wants Ryan Spooner, and Chiarelli is refusing to include him.

He said that Dallas did not ask Morrow to waive his NTC, to go to Boston, because Chiarelli would not trade Spooner.

I have no problem with Chiarelli, refusing to give up the future, for a rental. Sometimes, the deal you don't make, is the best thing you can do.

Good to know, bigg. I wouldn't have made the deal either and I don't blame PC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I wouldn't be against Spooner being part of a package for Iginla though. You've gotta give to get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Face it was a bad move, PC's track record trade deadline moves is pretty bad.

There was this other brutal deadline deal that PC made a few years back too . . . the one where he picked up another old-guy that wasn't as fast as he used to be, had lost a step etc.etc.- Ya he just came to Boston and taught a bunch of guys what it took to win- and then won his 3rd Stanley Cup with the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

shupe, 

from the relatively small sample size I've seen of Iginla this year as the back part of CBC's double-header Saturdays I haven't seen him loaf, float, nothing like that.  He still takes the body and bores towards the net, often in the middle of scrums as a result of D-guys trying to shove him out of the crease. 

I'm questioning the merit of this lack of foot speed stuff comes from.  Again, it's just a few games but in the ones I've seen this guy still seems able to come flying in off the right wing, cut to the middle and get off the shot.  The times I've seen him he's been playing with Tanguay and Cammaleri.  He's not the Iginla of years ago but from what I've seen he still has some measureable impact.  He's just on a lousy team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

shupe, 

from the relatively small sample size I've seen of Iginla this year as the back part of CBC's double-header Saturdays I haven't seen him loaf, float, nothing like that.  He still takes the body and bores towards the net, often in the middle of scrums as a result of D-guys trying to shove him out of the crease. 

I'm questioning the merit of this lack of foot speed stuff comes from.  Again, it's just a few games but in the ones I've seen this guy still seems able to come flying in off the right wing, cut to the middle and get off the shot.  The times I've seen him he's been playing with Tanguay and Cammaleri.  He's not the Iginla of years ago but from what I've seen he still has some measureable impact.  He's just on a lousy team.

And 36 is no longer old for an athlete RHO. With the way Iginla trains, he could still be a contributor for years to come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jarome is not slowing down. I never had a heart attack. Wrong on both counts.

That's what happens when you get on in age. You can't fool Mother Nature, only yourself and maybe a few others.

I will stick with what we know.  Want me to attach his resume.  Maybe selannes as well. I mean hes 40something.  good thing lidstrom didnt listen to that logic.  35 isnt old.  after his usual bad start hes going again.  Would be 3rd on the bruins in scoring and 2nd in fwds for hits. 

there is nothing some writer can put that will change my opinion of what i watch.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

shupe, 

And 36 is no longer old for an athlete RHO. With the way Iginla trains, he could still be a contributor for years to come.

I have nothing and i mean nothing that shows me he is slowing down.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Me neither Shupe. My only fear is trading for him and being unable to re-sign him. I do think he's worth the gamble though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

shupe, 

dez, I have no idea what going from a non-contender to a serious contender would do for him but from what I saw of him on those occassios this year he was able to keep up with the play and play in a manner he is known for - all for a 14th place team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I have nothing and i mean nothing that shows me he is slowing down. 

I agree . . .

Maybe some people need to be reminded how old Recchi was when he won his last cup.- Some guys can do it a lot longer these days.

Sections
Shortcuts