The last 20 years, will this year be any different?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

The last 20 years, will this year be any different?

2009-10  Lost in 2nd Round        Flyers

2008-09  Lost in 2nd Round       Hurricanes

2007-08   Lost in 1st Round     Canadiens

2006-07             DNQ 

2005-06             DNQ

2004-05      NHL LOCKOUT

2003-04    Lost in 1st Round     Canadiens 

2002-03    Lost in 1st Round     Devils 

2001-02    Lost in 1st Round     Canadiens 

2000-01             DNQ 

1999-00             DNQ 

1998-99    Lost in 2nd Round    Sabres

1997-98    Lost in 1st Round      Capitals 

1996-97             DNQ 

1995-96    Lost in 1st Round      Panthers 

1994-95    Lost in 1st Round      Devils 

1993-94    Lost in 2nd Round     Devils 

1992-93    Lost in 1st Round      Sabres 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: The last 20 years, will this year be any different?

Mark done a first round exit to habs for this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

edmonton could be these marys if they qualified. they are so bad right now a pee wee team could beat them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The real tragedy is - it *SHOULD* be different.

I mean fer chrissakes, we've seen a late season meltdown in regular season every year CJ has been behind the bench.

And playoff rounds with CJ have been 7th game ejections - 7 games is a 50/50 shot in this league.  It comes down to the smallest differences.  And the guy behind the bench hasn't been the difference himself and couldn't find someone on the ice to make a difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hard to argue with the facts. Now I feel worse tonight, thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

even if the b's were to pull off a miracle and lose in the SC finals, i'd still consider the season another failure....

to lift Lord Stanley is the reason you play the game....

[btw, the miracle of reaching the finals ain't happening either....]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to The last 20 years, will this year be any different?:
       2009-10  Lost in 2nd Round        Flyers    2008-09  Lost in 2nd Round        Hurricanes     2007-08    Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2006-07              DNQ     2005-06               DNQ   2004-05        NHL LOCKOUT   2003-04     Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2002-03     Lost in 1st Round      Devils    2001-02     Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2000-01              DNQ    1999-00              DNQ    1998-99     Lost in 2nd Round     Sabres     1997-98     Lost in 1st Round       Capitals    1996-97              DNQ    1995-96     Lost in 1st Round       Panthers    1994-95     Lost in 1st Round       Devils    1993-94     Lost in 2nd Round      Devils    1992-93     Lost in 1st Round       Sabres 
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

in your glory tonight huh 40 years? good for u buddy how to spread the misery. i still think this team is good enough to make a run i know i am probably lone wolf out here 2nite but whatever atleast im not waiting by the computer waiting for the bruins to go down a few goals then jump all over them but thats your prerogative i guess. u have to admit u like seeing them lose?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

LOL "LoyalBlackNGold" is just the type of fan on here I'm talking about. Funny stuff...

On a bright note If they draw Tampa I think they win anyone else see you on the golf course

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to The last 20 years, will this year be any different?:
       2009-10  Lost in 2nd Round        Flyers    2008-09  Lost in 2nd Round        Hurricanes     2007-08    Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2006-07              DNQ     2005-06               DNQ   2004-05        NHL LOCKOUT   2003-04     Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2002-03     Lost in 1st Round      Devils    2001-02     Lost in 1st Round      Canadiens    2000-01              DNQ    1999-00              DNQ    1998-99     Lost in 2nd Round     Sabres     1997-98     Lost in 1st Round       Capitals    1996-97              DNQ    1995-96     Lost in 1st Round       Panthers    1994-95     Lost in 1st Round       Devils    1993-94     Lost in 2nd Round      Devils    1992-93     Lost in 1st Round       Sabres 
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

Sure it's different.Now that we live in the age of the internet,we can find out what trollls think after every game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Dez it's almost 1:00pm, time to change out of your Bruins jammies and go outside and play!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The last 20 years, will this year be any different?:
    Dez it's almost 1:00pm, time to change out of your Bruins jammies and go outside and play!
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

My Mom's not up yet(she drank last night).I need to ask permission first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

LOL "LoyalBlackNGold" is just the type of fan on here I'm talking about. Funny stuff... On a bright note If they draw Tampa I think they win anyone else see you on the golf course
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

ya your the only one who has it all figured out 40. to bad its the same old post every time and its only after a loss. your a 1 trick pony. bruins lose and u start flooding every thread like jilted lover. jacobs only wants to fill seats and what about 02 or 04 or 08 same old tired crap. does anyone disagree? u offer zero to this forum. why dont u just admit your a closet Canadians fan. u did get one part right i am fan unlike u, and if this team cant get it right in this years playoffs then try it over next year. do u really believe that the bruins front office doesnt want to win and only is looking to fill seats,if u do your even a bigger moron then i thought.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Re: The last 20 years, will this year be any different? : ya your the only one who has it all figured out 40. to bad its the same old post every time and its only after a loss. your a 1 trick pony. bruins lose and u start flooding every thread like jilted lover. jacobs only wants to fill seats and what about 02 or 04 or 08 same old tired crap. does anyone disagree? u offer zero to this forum. why dont u just admit your a closet Canadians fan. u did get one part right i am fan unlike u, and if this team cant get it right in this years playoffs then try it over next year. do u really believe that the bruins front office doesnt want to win and only is looking to fill seats,if u do your even a bigger moron then i thought.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Yay Go Bruins!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The last 20 years, will this year be any different? : Yay Go Bruins!!!
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTe

good comeback 40 yrs no clue. keep up the good job of spreading the venom!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

What venom lol? By posting facts? That's venom? Go away little boy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

gone in first rd..  4-1   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Posted by 40YrsNoCup

little boy huh your the 10 year old who jumps on this forum crying about the past. every post its the same thing over and over. get a life!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

great post 40 yrs.  not making the playoffs in 97 is very relevant to this year's team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The truth hurts.

Yeah, 40years points out the same thing over and over, but is he wrong? No. That score sheet he listed is a record of failure so stark any other franchise would be villified for it (at least in Boston.)

But Bruins fans seem to give the ownership a pass each year. That's the part I don't get. Yeah, the cap has been implemented and Jacobs spends to it. So all of a sudden there's no accountability to the front office? It's all a matter of luck who wins the Cup each year b/c there's "parity" in the league now?

Look, I'm pretty p*ssed off as of this post. I think most of us are. I was feeling good about this team during the 7-game win streak, but even then I didn't think they were capable of getting out of the 2nd round...and that's still not acceptable.

Now, I'm looking at a first round exit which is just even more embarrassing.

If you want to be ticked off at 40years for kicking a team when they're down, OK. But he's not wrong.

And sooner or later the fans of this franchise should show some backbone and start clamoring for real and serious change that brings a Cup to this championship-starved franchise. Cuz this early playoff exit stuff has been old now for a long, long, LONG time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Posted by 40YrsNoCup

how about this 40. no one has forgotten all of those facts dude. much like u i lived though all of them and worst of all i wasnt alive for the days of the big bad bruins either. i guess that is were im wrong i didnt get to see the bruins in there full glory. just figuring i could be like all those red sox fans who got over the hump. lord knows its been long enough for this storied franchise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

The truth hurts. Yeah, 40years points out the same thing over and over, but is he wrong? No. That score sheet he listed is a record of failure so stark any other franchise would be villified for it (at least in Boston.) But Bruins fans seem to give the ownership a pass each year. That's the part I don't get. Yeah, the cap has been implemented and Jacobs spends to it. So all of a sudden there's no accountability to the front office? It's all a matter of luck who wins the Cup each year b/c there's "parity" in the league now? Look, I'm pretty p*ssed off as of this post. I think most of us are. I was feeling good about this team during the 7-game win streak, but even then I didn't think they were capable of getting out of the 2nd round...and that's still not acceptable. Now, I'm looking at a first round exit which is just even more embarrassing. If you want to be ticked off at 40years for kicking a team when they're down, OK. But he's not wrong. And sooner or later the fans of this franchise should show some backbone and start clamoring for real and serious change that brings a Cup to this championship-starved franchise. Cuz this early playoff exit stuff has been old now for a long, long, LONG time.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

agreed try.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The truth hurts. Yeah, 40years points out the same thing over and over, but is he wrong? No. That score sheet he listed is a record of failure so stark any other franchise would be villified for it (at least in Boston.) But Bruins fans seem to give the ownership a pass each year. That's the part I don't get. Yeah, the cap has been implemented and Jacobs spends to it. So all of a sudden there's no accountability to the front office? It's all a matter of luck who wins the Cup each year b/c there's "parity" in the league now? Look, I'm pretty p*ssed off as of this post. I think most of us are. I was feeling good about this team during the 7-game win streak, but even then I didn't think they were capable of getting out of the 2nd round...and that's still not acceptable. Now, I'm looking at a first round exit which is just even more embarrassing. If you want to be ticked off at 40years for kicking a team when they're down, OK. But he's not wrong. And sooner or later the fans of this franchise should show some backbone and start clamoring for real and serious change that brings a Cup to this championship-starved franchise. Cuz this early playoff exit stuff has been old now for a long, long, LONG time.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

As a fan that's painfully aware of the Bruins futility,what do you suggest I do to bring about change?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: The last 20 years, will this year be any different? : As a fan that's painfully aware of the Bruins futility,what do you suggest I do to bring about change?
    Posted by dezaruchi

That's a great question that I don't have even a decent answer to. JJ is no idiot...he's sitting on a cash cow so he's never going to sell. I guess you could wait for him to die, but then his idiot son takes over, who knows even less about hockey than the Dad.

My only suggestion--should the Bruins go into another 5-year period of DNQ's and 1st and 2nd round exits--is to stay the h*ll way from the "Garden." The only thing that might shake things up is a bunch of 9,000-seat seasons where the fan attendance is equated with how well the team is playing. If they keep losing, people w/season tickets should shed them. People should stay away from the Garden in droves...and maybe...just MAYBE...some gazillionaire who actually CARES about winning a Cup will maje JJ an offer he can't refuse.

and letter-writing is the only other thing I can think of. I've sent my share of angry emails and letters to the Bruins front office. It meant nothing but it made me feel better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Bump for 40yrs awesome thread

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I wonder where he is these days?

Sections
Shortcuts