"The little ball of hate"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

"The little ball of hate"

Is Brendan Gallagher apparently now.  Funny, i thought that nickname was spoken for already.  The video is on the rhs of tsn hockey homepage.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

It was spoken for 15 years ago.  See:  Pat Verbeek

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re:

Proves that people really don't read Dupont...he's been trying to pass that lame nickname off as his handiwork for two years now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=pat+verbeek+little+ball+of+hate&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It was spoken for 15 years ago.  See:  Pat Verbeek

No wonder that's always been who Marchand reminds me of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re:

It'll always be Verbeek for me too, as I actually went to a lot of Whaler games growing up.

But I'd be fine with Marchand and Gallagher duking it out for the nickname.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re:

It's not even that creative of a nickname? They can't come up with anything else?

I'd prefer the "little engine that could" over the "little ball of hate". At least nobody has claimed that one. (disclaimer: obviously there are more out there, but I needed one for a quick example)

The "Rat" is already spoken for, as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

We still have nicknames for present-day players such as "Alfie,"  "Sid The Kid," "Bergy," "Soupy," "Looch," "Mule," "Jovocop," "Optimus Reim" and "Monster" Gustavsson.  They're okay but I don't think they have the same flair as "The Golden Jet," "Chico" Resch, "Taz" "Suitcase" Smith, "Tiger" Williams, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, "Cowboy" Flett, "Mad Dog" Kelly, "Cujo," "Battleship" Kelly, "Chief" Bucyk, "Pie" Mackenzie, "Turk" Sanderson, "Espo,"  "Bugsy" Watson, "King Kong" Korab, "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, "Fats" Delvecchio, "Gump" Worsley, "Killer" Gilmour, "The Rocket," "Terrible" Ted Green, "Bunny" Laroque and one of my faves, Andre "Red Light" Racicot. 

Forward lines used to have great nicknames, eh?  "The Production Line, "  "The Punch Line,"  "The GAG Line, "The Kraut Line,"  "Legion Of Doom" and "The French Connection." 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

Little Ball of Hate will always be Verbeek. I don't know if it came from the team or a fan but I like the name "Nose-face killa" for Marchand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to stan17's comment:

Little Ball of Hate will always be Verbeek. I don't know if it came from the team or a fan but I like the name "Nose-face killa" for Marchand.

You know what's a great nickname for Brad Marchand? 

"Marchand"

It's shorter than his full name and has no fan-boy ring to it at all.

Try it: Marchand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re:

I like when Jack Edwards calls Johnny Boychuck: "Johnny on the spot"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It'll always be Verbeek for me too, as I actually went to a lot of Whaler games growing up.

It was a fun day trip for the family. Go to Spencers look at the funny joke gifts, Orange Julius to was down a couple of Sbarro slices, finish up with some games of Tempest, Centipede and Galaga (such an 80s kid) then off the Whalers game.....at the Mall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

In response to stan17's comment:

You know what's a great nickname for Brad Marchand? 

"Marchand"

It's shorter than his full name and has no fan-boy ring to it at all.

Try it: Marchand.

Jeez thats funny I did try that and wrote Marchand you azz clown. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re:

I thought Marchands nickname in junior was "The Squirrel" ? At any rate, i like it, its from the same  family as the rat, but is different. Squirrels are efficient , quick, feisty, and hard to catch, pretty well describes Marchand to a tee.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I thought Marchands nickname in junior was "The Squirrel" ? At any rate, i like it, its from the same  family as the rat, but is different. Squirrels are efficient , quick, feisty, and hard to catch, pretty well describes Marchand to a tee.  

Squirrels stop a lot.  Easy to catch with a BB gun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Squirrels stop a lot.  Easy to catch with a BB gun.

LOL, yeah NAS they stop if theres a nut lying around .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re:

Theres lots of nuts in the NHL and these boards for that matter. ;p

Sections
Shortcuts