the lowest of lows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

the lowest of lows

he's at it again. His latest victim is Tyson Barrie, knee on knee. 

I do not understand why the NHL hasn't banned him for life. 

Sorry, I just hate even saying his name. you all know who m.c. is

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: the lowest of lows

@NHLPlayerSafety

"Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke has been offered an in-person hearing for kneeing Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie. Details TBD."

Minimum of 5!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@NHLPlayerSafety

"Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke has been offered an in-person hearing for kneeing Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie. Details TBD."

Minimum of 5!

I'm thinking 164. Should be enough to end his "career". 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 

"Although Cooke has not been punished in last 18 months, NHL considers that status only relevant for fines. It believes language of CBA..allows for history to factor in number of games a player can be suspended for."

The NHL might finally get this right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Seabrook got 3 games for his first offence then Cooke as a multiple repeat offender should get at least 10 games.If you add in the severity of the injury,Barrie out for the rest of the playoffs,then a case could be made for 15.Didn't Cooke get suspended for an entire playoffs once already? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would like to see Quintal put everyone on notice that he carries the big stick.  I don't think it'll be life, but I can see the rest of the playoffs easily along with games next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

What a horrible, horrible cheap shot by Cooke...again...if the league doesn't throw the whole bookshelf at this guy, you have to ask why any owner/GM would want to employ this clown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sit this P O S for the rest of the playoffs and beyond.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Eye for an eye - Take him out back and tear his MCL and ACL

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

m.c. = P O S (piece of s**t)

Funny, someone on the radio this morning was trying to defend this particular incident. He said P O S was going to get suspended for what he did, but that P O S was just out deked by Barrie and it was a reaction to that. Kind of like "I got out-deked, so I decided to end this guys career". 

How anyone could defend that P O S is beyond me. How many guys has be seriously hurt, and ended careers?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The man is a sociopath. He’s not an agitator, or your typical cheap shot artist. He’s trying to inflict serious injury and end careers. Whatever suspension he gets, it will not be enough.

p.s. The league should have suspended him for severing Karlsson’s Achilles. That was no accident.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

m.c. = P O S (piece of s**t)

Funny, someone on the radio this morning was trying to defend this particular incident. He said P O S was going to get suspended for what he did, but that P O S was just out deked by Barrie and it was a reaction to that. Kind of like "I got out-deked, so I decided to end this guys career". 

How anyone could defend that P O S is beyond me. How many guys has be seriously hurt, and ended careers?  

I read some comments by Minnesota Wild fans on the web today, calling Cooke's collision with Barrie "a regular hockey play that happens all the time", and some posters likened it to Fat spearing DeKeyser. That's a load of cr*p.

One might also want to mention that Tyson Barrie's father Len is one of the biggest crooks in recent Canadian history, and T. Barrie's "bowling action" when Stastny scored the OT winner in game 1 was IMHO at least questionable (someone else here called it "interference", and I would agree). None of this, however, warrants what Coward Cooke did. The NHL needs to put an end to the string of Cooke's cheap shots. I never bought the "Cooke has changed" campaign, and Jack Edwards was right with his Sirhan Sirhan comparison. Why this punk is still in professional hockey is beyond me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a horrible, horrible cheap shot by Cooke...again...if the league doesn't throw the whole bookshelf at this guy, you have to ask why any owner/GM would want to employ this clown.

[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, if im the wild, I have to think twice about having a guy with this reputation on my team.

Ban him for the rest of the playoffs plus a handful of next seasons games.  Eff that guy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He's done much worse than this and got nothing . Quintal was a righteous guy when he played and detested these types. I hope he sets the standard and comes down hard on him.

Only thing is so did Shannahan comes down hard his 1st important suspension and then something happened. Maybe he got a phone call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If Cookie got cancer or something horrible happened to him, I wouldn't care.  One of the few people I can say that about.  What does it take to get onto my list?  If you're someone who makes a habit of trying to maim people, you make the list.  Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, hopefully he'll reap what he has sewn one day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Minimum: the playoffs.  Appropriate:  1 full year of hockey. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's pretty funny that a post has the headline "an eye for an eye" and the sig. line "Lighten up, Francis" with no content in between.

The NHL has to nut up here and go to court if necessary.  Unlike past Cooke incidents, this one happens a year after the PA signed off on a long extension.  The labour situation is pretty stable.  It can handle the PA backing Cooke in court if the NHL decides to say something like this: In view of Cooke's long history of incidents that have left opponents with debilitating, and sometimes career threatening, injuries and in view of the NHL's commitment to player safety, the NHL declares Matt Cooke suspended for the duration of his current SPC and ineligible to play at the end of that SPC.

You'll hear the usual "taking away his livelihood" argument - he has to feed Latrell Sprewell's family or something like that - and the lack of precedent and and and, but they need to go to the wall on this guy or there will be others...other guys injured by Cooke and other Matt Cookes who play with a reckless disregard for the well-being of the other players on the ice if not an outright intent to injure.

Are you not entertained?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also, CBC showed a montage of questionable plays by the Wild in last night's game including a couple of plays by Neiderreiter.  I didn't think of them as being Matt Cooke and his boys, but when the Swiss guy is hacking guys on the wrist above the gloves, I wonder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The maddening part about it is that Cooke's actions unquestionably help his team in the series (and put the Avs at a disadvantage for the rest of the playoffs).  Barrie has become a very important player for the Avs, amid a pretty thin blueline.  This hurts them a lot.  Much more than losing Cooke hurts the Wild.

The NHL should be embarrassed that Matt Cooke is still able to injure players in their league.

Why shouldn't Bordeleau/McLeod go take out Ryan Suter or Parise with a cheap shot? I mean, besides the basic human decency thing.

I think the league has two choices to deter dirty hits in the playoffs. Take control of the situation with heavy penalties to the player and the team doing it, or allow the players to handle it and seek retribution as a deterrent. 30 years ago Cooke would have to give up a pound of flesh for this hit and Ryan Suter would be biting his nails furiously on the bench before every shift.  I don't think anyone wants to go back to the retribution scenario, so the league needs to step it up.  

The NHL essentially protects Cooke now, so he can have a long career, doing what he does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, CBC showed a montage of questionable plays by the Wild in last night's game including a couple of plays by Neiderreiter.  I didn't think of them as being Matt Cooke and his boys, but when the Swiss guy is hacking guys on the wrist above the gloves, I wonder.

[/QUOTE]

Watching the game live, I actually thought the Neidereiter slew-foot on Benoit was the ugliest hit of the game, as it appeared that Benoit was knocked out cold and would be joining Barrie at the hospital.

Not a good precedent for the NHL if this is the reaction to going down 0-2 in a playoff series.  At one point the Avs had three players in the dressing room with the trainer -- all from illegal hits.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's pretty funny that a post has the headline "an eye for an eye" and the sig. line "Lighten up, Francis" with no content in between.

The NHL has to nut up here and go to court if necessary.  Unlike past Cooke incidents, this one happens a year after the PA signed off on a long extension.  The labour situation is pretty stable.  It can handle the PA backing Cooke in court if the NHL decides to say something like this: In view of Cooke's long history of incidents that have left opponents with debilitating, and sometimes career threatening, injuries and in view of the NHL's commitment to player safety, the NHL declares Matt Cooke suspended for the duration of his current SPC and ineligible to play at the end of that SPC.

You'll hear the usual "taking away his livelihood" argument - he has to feed Latrell Sprewell's family or something like that - and the lack of precedent and and and, but they need to go to the wall on this guy or there will be others...other guys injured by Cooke and other Matt Cookes who play with a reckless disregard for the well-being of the other players on the ice if not an outright intent to injure.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what it will take for the NHL to nut up and take a stand on this sort of stuff. I think they have enough ammo when it comes to cooke to go ahead and do what you are suggesting. I'm not hopeful that they will, but man, it would be great. And I think it would be a very effective deterrent.

By the way, bonus points for working Latrell Sprewell into your post. Nice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its pretty clear the guy just does not know how or want to play a clean game.  I like your suggestion.  He is not fit to play.  Even after his 'transformation' he still throws greasy hits on a regular basis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is it, in a nutshell.  He supposedly "got it" and became a choir boy, and since then he's taken out the reigning Norris winner and now one of the Avs' top defenders.  Karlsson may never be the same player.  So...when they say he "got it" did they mean that he realized he needed to stop deliberately taking guys out, or that he needed to think about how his actions affect other players?  If it's the former, he should have been gone three years ago.  If it's the latter - and the NHL must believe it is - then he should be gone now because two years after he "got it" he's still doing the same damn things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I honestly cant believe we are still having the same conversation about the same P-O-S player.  He knows exactly what he's doing. His leg was ready and in position for that knee on knee check a good 3-5 feet before he made contact.  He needs to go.