The Lucic Issue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: The Lucic Issue

In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue:
    [QUOTE]If Lucic wasn't non-existant during the playoffs last year, would they have won more...Cups? Nothing to complain about so complain about nothing. Paid like a second liner, scores like a first liner, hits like a third liner and fights like a fourth liner. Every single team in the NHL wants Milan Lucic. This thread is downright stupid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Don't always agree with you NAS -- but this post was 100% on the money. Couldn't have said it better myself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : especially considering there is no one named ferrence on the bruins roster
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Just what this blog needs -- another English teacher. OMG -- an extra "r" in a players name. The rst of thes post muust make you waant to kil yorselff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

NAS just destroyed this thread.  I can't stand when people try to make a point by employing laughable hyperbole as "facts".   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Just what this blog needs -- another English teacher. OMG -- an extra "r" in a players name. The rst of thes post muust make you waant to kil yorselff.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
     i have no problem with typos, i make them all the time, however it seems like half the people on this board cannot spell ference. the names of players should be known on these forums

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Trade him to Vancouver straight up for Kesler.( Lucic would love playing in for his home town Vancouver) I would be a happy camper. Or Lucic and Caron for Nash.  I have no regrets trading Lucic in package deal to get top notch player, or straight up for Eberle. He would definitely be a eye opener for GM's trade market. Just do not trade him to an eastern conference team. Kesler Krejci Horton not a bad line Eberle Krejci Seguin our future 1st line Nash Krejci Seguin another 1st line Lots of options with Lucic but this is 50/50 pipe dream
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'd love to have an East Van boy back home playing for the Canucks, but trade him for a Selke Trophy winner?

Ease up on the weed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Hey, I'd love to have an East Van boy back home playing for the Canucks, but trade him for a Selke Trophy winner? Ease up on the weed.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Here we are again. Before coming here telling a Bruins fan to get off the weed because he's proposed that Lucic would be as valuable as Kesler, let's look at the facts. Lucic is a 23 year old Cup winner so that trumps your trophy talk. So far Lucic has played 284 games scoring 152 points. At the same age, Kesler had played 238 games scoring a whopping 81 points. If you want to talk in more present terms then yes, Kesler outscored Lucic last year by 11 points although Lucic landed 33% more hits while striking fear into the opposition(something no Canuck is capable of). I wouldn't trade Lucic straight up for Kesler. He's younger, cheaper, tougher and a winner at every level. Kesler is a fine player but you can keep him if Lucic was the price.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Oh come on guys.  I respect both your acumens.  But, outside of Havlat (who's numbers are comparable), Kovalchuk and Heatley have scored over 30 goals multiple times in their careers. (So, Kovy had a doen year). Datsyuk and Backstrom have hit the 90 +point mark a few time in their careers.  Lucic is NOT getting paid as much as they are at $4M. Fine. I like Lucic, but I never felt he was a first line winger.  He is a top shelf player but he needs to assert where his value is - forechecking, creating havoc in front of the net, and making life tough for opposing forwards.  Yes, he should be in the mold of an O'Reilly.  But even O'Reilly wasn't expected to put up 90 points every year.  Lucic is NOT a 30 goal scorer, imho.  He got some good breaks last year and it happened.  I don't expect him to get there again. What he IS: a darn good 2nd line LW.  Maybe the best in the league.  And yes, in that sense, he is worth every penny, if he lives up to that role.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to offend your sensibilties by using the common sense card. I should have simply called what San brought to the table in his post facts vs. an uninformed rant that can't be supported by anything factual. BTW, San only touched on players that were in Lucic's point range last year. Let's discuss players in his pay scale and higher......

Buffalo-Boyes, Stafford, Roy, Pominville, Leino
    Chicago-Sharp, Hossa
    Columbus-Huselius
    Dallas-Ribiero, Morrow, Eriksson
    Detroit-Franzen
    Edmonton-Smyth, Horcoff, Hemsky
    Florida-Fleischmann, Booth
    L.A.-Penner
    Minn-Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Mont.-Cole, Plekanec,Gionta,Cammalleri, Gomez

These are just some guys from half of the league that aren't as good a deal as Lucic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Oh come on guys.  I respect both your acumens.  But, outside of Havlat (who's numbers are comparable), Kovalchuk and Heatley have scored over 30 goals multiple times in their careers. (So, Kovy had a doen year). Datsyuk and Backstrom have hit the 90 +point mark a few time in their careers.  Lucic is NOT getting paid as much as they are at $4M. Fine. I like Lucic, but I never felt he was a first line winger.  He is a top shelf player but he needs to assert where his value is - forechecking, creating havoc in front of the net, and making life tough for opposing forwards.  Yes, he should be in the mold of an O'Reilly.  But even O'Reilly wasn't expected to put up 90 points every year.  Lucic is NOT a 30 goal scorer, imho.  He got some good breaks last year and it happened.  I don't expect him to get there again. What he IS: a darn good 2nd line LW.  Maybe the best in the league.  And yes, in that sense, he is worth every penny, if he lives up to that role.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

It's your opinion that he isn't a 30 goal scorer?  Do you also dispute that the sun comes up in the east?

This thread is getting better and better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

It looks like he is skating in cement!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Has anyone considered that with Lucic's game being slam, bang and add some room, the new Shanahan rules may have him hesitating to take a penalty, and trying to play well without taking one. I agree he has not been what we expect, and probably does need claude's encouragement, but, give him some time. he knows he's not up to speed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue :  BTW, San only touched on players that were in Lucic's point range last year. Let's discuss players in his pay scale and higher...... These are just some guys from half of the league that aren't as good a deal as Lucic.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dez, I didn't see the point in going any further in my research because I knew for most "the point" would get across. Oh well so much for facts...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'm a huge Lucic fan but when you look at his stats after he scored his 30th last season he's been really unproductive. It's probably about 5 goals in 40 plus games, way below what a player of his caliber is expected to get. I think he needs to get back to what got him here, banging and highlight reel hits along the boards. He has to reopen that space that he's lost.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Let's see, in the 1st year of his new deal Lucic leads the team in goals and hits on the way to the team's first Cup win in 39 years. Now you want to suggest trading him because of a poor start to the season(6 games). Suggesting a trade now makes no sense at all. Tell me, do you attempt to trade in your car when it just needs an oil change? . I won't bother writing a long and elegant post like your Lucic-basher since it takes less space to write a post inspired by common sense and something resembling patience.

So lets use your logic. We won the cup so Lucic is awesome.  Um I won't bother replying to any of your brilliant posts because you're clearly a dope.  So again you're logic of we won the cup also applies to Kaberle.  So that deal was a good deal and Kaberle was awesome becuase we won the cup. That deal sucked, Kaberle sucked and that's why the Bruins stopped the bleeding and refused to pay the guy.  But hey according to your logic Kaberle's awesome becuase we won the cup.  Please.  

Get Lucic's junk out of your mouth.  Maybe it will clear your head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]"he only scored 62 points." wasn't that tied for the team lead on the stanley cup winning team? ya, only 62 points
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

20 guys run a marathon.  It takes 2 days for 19 of them to complete it and one of the does it in 23 hours and 10 minutes.  So we should throw a parade for the guy who completed the marathon in less than 2 days.  Wake up.

Not to mention the fact you didn't address his no show for the playoffs last year and his complete disinterst and lack of anything productive, including physical play this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]"Lucic needs the message sent to him by coaching and management that he is not Ovehcekin, Stamkos, etc..." And he isn't paid like them either so lets look at some players who scored around the same amount of points as Lucic last year... Havlat $5M for the same amount of points, Kovalchuk 60 points for $6M, Heatley $8M, Backstrom $6M, Datsyuk $6.7M all around the same points as Milan. I understand the frustration the way the Bruins are playing but overpaid ? Big contract ?    Ahh no...and no one I mentioned above (that also scores) can separate a player from the puck  or put fear into a player like Lucic can (that also scores) when he is not in a slump and he is in a slump right now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hey sandog.  When was the last time Lucic did what you're mentioning above,

" Ahh no...and no one I mentioned above (that also scores) can separate a player from the puck  or put fear into a player like Lucic can (that also scores) when he is not in a slump and he is in a slump right now"

He hasn't been that player for a while now.  That's my point.  Can you say he's played well this year, nope?  Fine it's early but what about last year?  Complete no show in the playoffs, basically stunk the last 25 games of the regular season last year.

I'm not saying he stinks, I'm saying get him off the number one line and PP unit.  Why can't you dopes on this board figure this out?  Send him a message, make him start working again and IF he can't get it going or WONT get it going, then trade him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Oh no San, now you've done it! What were you thinking trying to bring common sense into the debate?

Wow. Common sense.  Coming from the guy with Lucic's junk in his jaw.  Please save your boyfriend licking for other boards please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]If Lucic wasn't non-existant during the playoffs last year, would they have won more...Cups? Nothing to complain about so complain about nothing. Paid like a second liner, scores like a first liner, hits like a third liner and fights like a fourth liner. Every single team in the NHL wants Milan Lucic. This thread is downright stupid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Why do you and other dopes on this board equate us winning the Cup with Lucic's playing being good during that run or for the second half of last year's regular season?  

Kaberle added nothing and we won the cup too.  Let's stop talking about what Lucic used to be and try to understand that he needs to get back to that or he needs to be moved off the top lines for now.  Why is this so hard for you Lucic sycophants to understand?

Oh wait, I'll give your rebuttal.  We won the cup last year.  And Lucic was awesome and hit guys three years ago and everyone wants him. 

Please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : So lets use your logic. We won the cup so Lucic is awesome.  Um I won't bother replying to any of your brilliant posts because you're clearly a dope.  So again you're logic of we won the cup also applies to Kaberle.  So that deal was a good deal and Kaberle was awesome becuase we won the cup. That deal sucked, Kaberle sucked and that's why the Bruins stopped the bleeding and refused to pay the guy.  But hey according to your logic Kaberle's awesome becuase we won the cup.  Please.   Get Lucic's junk out of your mouth.  Maybe it will clear your head.
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]
    Just use SOME logic jag-off. Yeah, Boston won the Kaberle trade. Let me know when the Leafs start seeing some return on that deal. Adding a piece of a Cup winning puzzle while giving up nothing from your lineup is a winning trade. Lucic had 16 points in the last 20 games last year so your claim that Lucic stunk for the final 25 games is based on nothing. You can't back up any of your drivel with fact and you act like a baby when people that out to you. Maybe you should just leave the hockey talk to the grown-ups rather than trying to enlighten us. After all, I don't come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Why do you and other dopes on this board equate us winning the Cup with Lucic's playing being good during that run or for the second half of last year's regular season?   Kaberle added nothing and we won the cup too.  Let's stop talking about what Lucic used to be and try to understand that he needs to get back to that or he needs to be moved off the top lines for now.  Why is this so hard for you Lucic sycophants to understand? Oh wait, I'll give your rebuttal.  We won the cup last year.  And Lucic was awesome and hit guys three years ago and everyone wants him.  Please.
    Kaberle tied for most points by a Bruins D in playoffs. Come back when you know what your talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : So lets use your logic. We won the cup so Lucic is awesome.  Um I won't bother replying to any of your brilliant posts because you're clearly a dope.  So again you're logic of we won the cup also applies to Kaberle.  So that deal was a good deal and Kaberle was awesome becuase we won the cup. That deal sucked, Kaberle sucked and that's why the Bruins stopped the bleeding and refused to pay the guy.  But hey according to your logic Kaberle's awesome becuase we won the cup.  Please.   Get Lucic's junk out of your mouth.  Maybe it will clear your head.
    Attacking posters when you're still under 100 posts. Great way to get ignored.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Thanks Dez, I didn't see the point in going any further in my research because I knew for most " the point " would get across. Oh well so much for facts...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Quote from Today's Boston Globe:

Lucic has zero goals and one assist. The left wing has been instructed to reclaim his hard-hat style instead of fancying himself a skilled forward.

“Sometimes I’m focusing too much on finding my linemates and I’m stopping my feet instead of going with the puck forward,’’ Lucic said. “I just need to get back to chipping and going and being hard to play against. I guess being that train up and down the wall that I know I can be. That’s something I’ve got to get back to. I know I’m helping my team the most when I’m doing that.’’

That's the point dummies.  Not that Lucic sucks but that he's gotten away from what makes him great.  He's not a 30 goal scorer he's maybe 20-25 at best and 40-55 points a year.  That's where his skill sets are offensively.  It's what he used to do that made him dangerous and feared (physical play, intimidation, etc...)  He hasn't been that guy in a while.

He has average hands and average speed and doesn't do much to create offense for his teamates.  If he can't be physical and won't win battles up front on or off the power play then why is he on the number one line and PP unit.

That's my point. Not that he sucks.  That he has to earn his first line and PP minutes and that if he can't he should be moved down.  You meant to tell me Seguin shoudn't have the opportunity to play on the first unit and PP?  

Oh wait here comes the rebuttal from you or your boyfriend.  We won the cup so Lucic is awesome.  And here's a list of mostly under performing guys he compares well against. And 3 years ago Lucic hit guys so he deserves to be our number one winger and PP guy.  

Do you guys take the same perscription meds?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Why do you and other dopes on this board equate us winning the Cup with Lucic's playing being good during that run or for the second half of last year's regular season?   Kaberle added nothing and we won the cup too.  Let's stop talking about what Lucic used to be and try to understand that he needs to get back to that or he needs to be moved off the top lines for now.  Why is this so hard for you Lucic sycophants to understand? Oh wait, I'll give your rebuttal.  We won the cup last year.  And Lucic was awesome and hit guys three years ago and everyone wants him.  Please.
    Alright clown, answer me this. Who assisted on Nathan Hortons game 7 OT goal in rd 1??? BUT WAIT!!! NO HE WASN'T A PPG PLAYER IN THE PLAYOFFS. Luckily he didn't need to be. The opposition zeroed in on the KHL line and did *almost a great job at shutting them down. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Kaberle tied for most points by a Bruins D in playoffs. Come back when you know what your talking about.

Man you're a mentally challenged.   Just because Kaberle lead a team of defenseman that couldn't score any points doesn't make him "good".  It made him better than the rest of the guys back there offensively which let's face it Mr. Hocky expert, wasn't that hard to do.

That's the same brain dead logic you use equating Lucic being awesome to us winning the cup.  If the Bruins thought so highly of Kaberle why after giving up Colbrone, a 1st and a 2nd did they not resign him?

What's the silence from you? Oh wait  let me list all the shitty players that have won cups with teams so that we can say all those players are awesome too.

What a dummy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Lucic Issue : Just use SOME logic jag-off. Yeah, Boston won the Kaberle trade. Let me know when the Leafs start seeing some return on that deal. Adding a piece of a Cup winning puzzle while giving up nothing from your lineup is a winning trade. Lucic had 16 points in the last 20 games last year so your claim that Lucic stunk for the final 25 games is based on nothing. You can't back up any of your drivel with fact and you act like a baby when people that out to you. Maybe you should just leave the hockey talk to the grown-ups rather than trying to enlighten us. After all, I don't come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth.

Time to take your meds you unemployed dope.