The Message That Should Be Sent...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: The Message That Should Be Sent...

Bigger message needs to be sent than that.  If this team is a great defending team and wants to play one goal games it better find guys willing to leave it all on the ice.  I am not confident that Savy/Wheeler/Ryder fall into that group. 

I am gonna try and stop while I am frustrated.  Hate losing like that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Savvy and Ryder definitely don't fall into that group. Wheeler does, I think. But what was he thinking in OT???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to The Message That Should Be Sent...:
    [QUOTE]PC should fire Geoff Ward to send a message to the team. Small enough to give the existing core a chance to improve, big enough to make a statement, and it addresses an issue with this team (powerplay). For those who think this would be peanuts (maybe they should do a little more, I agree), keep in mind that, while to you and me Geoff Ward means nothing, this is a guy that these players deal with daily. They're humans and a point will be made.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    No argument from me.Half a season is long enough to figure out a way to at least gain the zone to get set up for the PP.It hasn't been happening.I think Bergeron needs to move to the 1/2 wall rather than the point.He's got too good a wrist shot to be wasted on the point.Add to that,we've got Chara,Seid,Boychuk,and now Kampfer for the points and Savard isn't earning his PP time.I really expected a big game from savard after that last stinker but he was worse than invisible as I noticed him playing bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I have to disagree with you here dc.  Firing Ward alone accomplishes little - it would be like putting a bandaid on a broken wrist.  This team's problems run much deeper than just the PP coach.

I am starting to feel that PC & CJ have brought this team as far as they can, and this duo will not be able to bring a cup to Boston.  It's time for Neely to start doing his job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Hangnail, while I can understand (though disagree) with the CJ criticism, PC has been arguably the best GM in the last 5 years. With an actual core to build around, I am excited to see what he does next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Team has talent. Coach's system has worked. PC's deals have been mostly good.

We need a reliable scoring winger and some heart... the first one is do-able.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

True enough dc, but my feeling is that Neely should take over the GM role for the rest of the year, hire his own guy behind the bench, rally the troops and give this team a shot at deep playoff run.  I like their core too, but I feel Neely needs to put his stamp on the team, and he is handcuffed with PC there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Message That Should Be Sent...:
    [QUOTE]Hangnail, while I can understand (though disagree) with the CJ criticism, PC has been arguably the best GM in the last 5 years. With an actual core to build around, I am excited to see what he does next.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Huh?

His cap management has been miserable, his free agent signings questionable, his drafting brutal, his contract extensions mediocre to barf bucket and his trades have netted very little.

What has he done to put him in the top half?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Message That Should Be Sent... : Huh? His cap management has been miserable, his free agent signings questionable, his drafting brutal, his contract extensions mediocre to barf bucket and his trades have netted very little. What has he done to put him in the top half?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You seem to imply that this team went from 25th to consistently in the playoffs with a very bright future without the GM doing anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Message That Should Be Sent... : Huh? His cap management has been miserable, his free agent signings questionable, his drafting brutal, his contract extensions mediocre to barf bucket and his trades have netted very little. What has he done to put him in the top half?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure I agree with the brutal drafting comment.Hamill has been a letdown but guys like Sauve,Spooner,Knight and even Colborne look like players that could easily have been drafted higher than they were(and rightly so).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

So distraught over the bs called a game tonight.

Cj not my favourite, not even close, just scared what will happen when we jump from the pot.

We need a coach, a PP and half a dozen more players like March that never quit skating.

Once again Rec 2:59 PP time, Seid 3:24PP
    Boychuk 0:05PP March 0:00PP
    TT 39 saves Bos 29 shots
    Outshot 18-8 in 3rd and 5-0 in OT

Sections
Shortcuts