The New Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The New Lucic

So, let it be known. Do you prefer the 2011 lucic who does not fight and barely hits but is putting up the points.

Or do you think he needs to keep his ultra-aggressive physical game to succeed long-term?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: The New Lucic

He leads the team in hits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

this way is working perfect. hes hitting still just not as quick to throw down good call jm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fight to get in the league, score to stay in it.

I don't care if he ever fights again.  Get in front of the net, take no bull-wang from anyone, but the puck in the net.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic:
    Fight to get in the league, score to stay in it. I don't care if he ever fights again.  Get in front of the net, take no bull-wang from anyone, but the puck in the net.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree you don't need to fight to be considered tough. Lucic has the respect from the players and that's why he gets the room he does. I will take to power forward that can score anyday and fight once in a while over a power forward who fights and can score once in a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree NAS. He fought to give him the rep he now enjoys which gives him room to enjoy. Burrows crapping his pants tonight when confronted by Lucic is proof of this...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think the injuries he suffered last season made him reflect . Maybe even the coach or Neely had a chat with him.
    You live by the sword and you will die by the sword.

To answer your question , since he still plays with an edge I prefer this Lucic as he brings the best of both worlds. Grit and goal scoring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He leads the team in hits.
    Posted by callodthedom19

This is true but he no longer does for it with the reckless abandon that he has shown in the past. I am just wondering if you are happy with how he is turning out in 2010-11 or if you think he is ignoring what his special strengths are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I don't think anyone reallly wants to fight him. Good for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : This is true but he no longer does for it with the reckless abandon that he has shown in the past. I am just wondering if you are happy with how he is turning out in 2010-11 or if you think he is ignoring what his special strengths are.
    Posted by jmwalters

I am ecstatic with the 2011 Lucic. He isn't going out of the way, or taking himself out of the play, when he hits unlike in years past. He doesn't need to fight on this team when we have guys like McQuaid, Ference, Boychuk, Campbell, and even Thornton willing to drop the gloves for this team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : I am ecstatic with the 2011 Lucic. He isn't going out of the way, or taking himself out of the play, when he hits unlike in years past. He doesn't need to fight on this team when we have guys like McQuaid, Ference, Boychuk, Campbell, and even Thornton willing to drop the gloves for this team. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

I agree. I am loving the B's latest 30 goal man. My only worry is that it goes to his head and he forgets why he got to where he is. That being said, good for him, excellent night in Van.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL Walters you keep saying " that is all "   you've been saying that 400+ times. Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The guy is a boxer, I don't think he will forget. At least I hope he doesn't, as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

LOL Walters you keep saying " that is all "   you've been saying that 400+ times.
    Posted by BsLegion

That's my sig line man. It is out of my control....LOL!!!....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He'd need a pretty long stick to score from the penalty box.  His rep as a fighter is established throughout the league.  If anyone came calling, I'm sure he'd answer the bell.  Perhaps he thinks he's more valuable to the Bruins on the ice than off it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : That's my sig line man. It is out of my control....LOL!!!....
    Posted by jmwalters

I know I know. Cheers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : I agree. I am loving the B's latest 30 goal man. My only worry is that it goes to his head and he forgets why he got to where he is. That being said, good for him, excellent night in Van.....
    Posted by jmwalters
    He's a proven big game player every where he has played (memorial cup MVP), even in last years collapse against philly, 2 goals in game 7.
    I'm sure there are teams out there that would pay him 5 mil.+ a year
    for his over all package. Another good signing by PC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : I know I know. Cheers!
    Posted by BsLegion

414 times and counting past my first claim of "that is all." Does this  make me a hypocrite?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Just keep playing the way he did tonight.  If he plays on the edge all the time he will probably have injuries or lots of penalties.  The team needs him on the ice.  He can still pick his spots to keep the opposition honest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : He's a proven big game player every where he has played (memorial cup MVP), even in last years collapse against philly, 2 goals in game 7. I'm sure there are teams out there that would pay him 5 mil.+ a year for his over all package. Another good signing by PC.
    Posted by pauly1

True. Even before that for the B's:

9 points in 10 games, +12 2009

9 points in  13 games 2010

He has a history of bringing it when it counts....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Fight to get in the league, score to stay in it. I don't care if he ever fights again.  Get in front of the net, take no bull-wang from anyone, but the puck in the net.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I will take the 2011 Lucic over the 2008 Lucic...10 out of 10 times....no contest !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think the management made him understand that he is too important to this team to risk any stupid injuries by wanting to throw down with a goon.  I like the way he uses his size to get in those dirty area.  Actually Horton did a good job tonight as well.

I still think that he will be more physicall when comes playoff time.  You just can't be as physicall as he was during a full season.  You have to choose your battles and i have no doubt that Looch will pound some Ds in the post season!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : True. Even before that for the B's: 9 points in 10 games, +12 2009 9 points in  13 games 2010 He has a history of bringing it when it counts....
    Posted by jmwalters
    He is simply one of the best power forwards in the game (money player).

I had to laugh last year with all his injury problems and posters on here where saying he would never score more than 25 goals and that PC (should be fired) over spent on this guy, LOL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Lucic is doing what needs to be done...I am sure he is learning and being tutored by Neely...you don't have to fight to be tough to play against, he proves that virtually every game! When he is in the corners going after the puck, almost no one can get it from him. Some players give up on the play b/c it is Lucic and they fear getting tatoo'd. I would take 11 more like him any day.
    Doc

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Absolutely right!Neely fought all challengers during his first few seasons but,towards the end,rarely fought anyone.I'll take the Lucic that is going to lead the team in goals and hits while fighting only when it's necessary.

Sections
Shortcuts