The New Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Re: The New Lucic

In Response to Re: The New Lucic:
    LOL Walters you keep saying " that is all "   you've been saying that 400+ times.
    Posted by BsLegion

Good point.  I noticed that too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

Milan Lucic has a reputation for one of the top tough guys in the league, but even more valuable as one who gets tough in front of the net.
    His value is what he's doing this year. You don't go on the DL scoring goals.
    Bruins looking better than ever with the revamp. How to go PC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

I think the injuries he suffered last season made him reflect . Maybe even the coach or Neely had a chat with him. You live by the sword and you will die by the sword. To answer your question , since he still plays with an edge I prefer this Lucic as he brings the best of both worlds. Grit and goal scoring.
    Posted by BsLegion

Agree. think Cam had the same talk with Milan that Terry (or was it Milbury) had with him earlier in his career. Keep the gloves on and score goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: The New Lucic : Agree. think Cam had the same talk with Milan that Terry (or was it Milbury) had with him earlier in his career. Keep the gloves on and score goals.  
    Posted by tarpouch

For sure Cam had more than a few words with Milan.

I'm sure he told him not to go overboard with the heavy stuff or "you'll end up with bad knees and hips just like me." Be smart about it.

And "score first, fight after (if you have to)"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Love this years Lucic. He's finally becoming a solid legit all around 1st liner that can hit hard when he needs to and put the puck in the net almost at will. He's fighting less this year because there are very few, if any, left in the league who are willing to go with him. So many of the 'fighters' have come out and publically stated they do not want to fight him if they don't have to.  They know he can smash their faces into bits and pieces and make them look foolish for trying.  He earned his rep the hard way last year & the year before, earned the fear and space that other players now give him because of the toughness shown the last couple of years. Those that are saying he doesn't hit as much anymore are obviously not paying attention or don't know the game well enough to have a legitimate opinion that can be taken seriously. He leads the team in hits. Fact. Not opinion. The only difference between his hits this year and last year is the fact that this year he is hitting to either take the puck away or to beat someone to the puck. Last year and the year before he was hitting to inflict pain and instigate fights. I'll take this Lucic for the rest of his career thank you very much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Every once in a while I'd like to see him run around a clobber people.  I know, it's smarter not to do it, but it sure gets everybody going. I think it would reduce the number of games this team sleeps through.   
    Not to rain on the parade, but we got out-hit by a finesse team last night.  There are a few too many "swoopers", swirling around trying to stick check.  I'd like to see Seguin try to hit somebody, just once.  He is the chief swooper. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You have to like the 2011 version of Lucic, he is going to bang in 30 goals this year.

That being said, I think he is at his best when he is skating and finishing checks.  He is far less effective when he forgets that and tries to be too fancy.  That's different than dropping the mitts.  I think the drop in fights is more a result of the greater responsibility/production.  What's the point of fighting Jody Shelley-type players when you are a 1st-liner?  Much more difficult to find dance partners that play anywhere near his level to justify his engaging.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

It's fun to watch a good fight.

It's more important to score and win.

Looch 2.0 is a hockey player.

Sections
Shortcuts