The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently

5.Shawn Horcoff - 9 GOALS 18 ASSISTS -Watching this guy on Oil Change i actually like his game then i looked up contract 6 years x 5.5 for 33 million dollars wow.
    4.Brian Campbell - 8 years x 7.1 for 56.8 million not bad for 3rd highest scoring defensemen on the Blackhawks!
    3.Scott Gomez-i hate this guys act and so do the Montreal fans. Sather gives this clown 7 x 7.3 for 51.5 million dollars he give the habs back this year 7 goals 28 assists sounds good.
    2.Chris Drury another Sather huge mistake. Chris got 5 x 7 for 35 million. he gives the rangers this year 23 games and 4 assists. Last year 77 games 14 goals and 18 assists. can u even imagion what sather would have given Michael Ryder haha.
    1.Wade Redden - the granddaddy of them all. Sather's gift that keeps on given. that's right Zdeno"s former dance partner recieved 6 years x 6.5 million for 39 million dollars. Wade hasnt played in the nhl since last year and gets paid though 2013-2014 season!

What are your top 5 overpaid NHLers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently

Rick Dipietro who is signed thru the 2020-21 season at a cap hit of $4.5 million per season.

Alexei Yashin who had a cap hit of $4.755 million this year and will still cost the Islanders $2.2 milion thru the 2014-15 season not to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Is Alexie Zhamnov's contract up yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

There are many horrible ones. As you said, Gomez and Drury for sure. Boogard at 1.625 for 4 years to play 5 minutes a game is not exactly stellar.

Redden and Souray are terrible considering they are not even in the NHL anymore. Dipietro in NY with 4.5 per year for the next millennia is pretty rotten. Or maybe the grandaddy of them all: Yashin is still being paid 4.7 mill this year and 2.2 for the next several years by the Isles.

There must be something in the water in NY....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

No JBo? The guy has been a complete ghost since being traded to Calgary and gets paid about 6.6

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'll defend the Campbell signing. Look at his +-.
    Sure he doesn't put the points up, but man can he move the puck and work the front of the net. Far better than you realize. I watched a lot of the Finals last year and was impressed.

Bouwmester is similar. Really good at the defensive part, but at that price you expect some bigger point numbers. You could argue about Chara being in the group too. I don't think he get enough points for his contract, and he's not great at moving the puck out of his end. He's okay, but not Paul Coffee-esque. 

Chara is so good at the Defensive end, and he's a Bruin, so I forgive.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Komisarek at $4.5 and Giguere at $6 million are pretty bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Based on the way Chara can fend off forecheckers like they are toddlers on bobskates, I have no problem with his contract.  He's not perfect but that size, power and reach is unmatched in the NHL today. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently:
    [QUOTE]Komisarek at $4.5 and Giguere at $6 million are pretty bad.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget Jeff Finger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In terms of players actually playing in the NHL this season

Vincent Lecavlier - $10 million this year for 46 points? Really? And he's got a cap hit of 7.7 million until 2020.

Marian Hossa has the Hawks on the hook for 5.3 million for another 10 years. Ok now for that money, but he's slipping fast.

Roberto Louongo has the Canucks on the hook for 5.3 million for 11 more years (won't be worth it for the last half)

Ilya Kovalchuk - he's playing well right now, but he's a 6.7 million cap hit until 2025!

Chris Drury, but thakfully it's only for one more season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I can't help but notice Ryder didn't make anyone's list.Since he's widely considered PC's worst signing,I tend to think PC should get a little more respect around here.No GM is perfect but PC's track record with trades/signings is better than solid.The deals he's won far outweigh the ones in which he was judged to have lost.I personally like the overall direction this team seems to be heading.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently : Don't forget Jeff Finger.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Finger 4 yrs x 3.5 million to play for the Toronto marlies. on the books til the end of next year ouch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Dipietro got to be #1.  Has played under 40 games in the last three seasons combined, and has put up a GAA in the mid 3's and a GAA under .900 in those appearences.  I don't see him ever being a legitimate #1 goalie again as much as they try to force him to be.  And he is only signed for 20 more seasons.  lol  Oh, and don't forget Milbury traded away Luongo to make Dipietro the Isles franchise goalie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yashin has to be number one for a couple reasons.
    a. They are still paying him.
    b. They lost Chara and Spezza in the trade for him.

Our own guy Ryder would be on my list but at least he does get some pts.

Redden/Souray have to be there. 

Dipietro for sure.

Lets do an allstar line up.
    G- Dipietro
    D- Souray/Redden/Finger/Komisarek
    F- Yashin(Team Captain)/Gomez/Drury/Ryder/Boogieman(glenn sather is a moron)/Avery(got Hull fired).

I can't put Campbell/Hossa on the list.  I would take Hossa in a minute over what Ryder has given us.  I still think Hossa is one of the best two way fwds in the league.  JBo is good.  Not worth that deal but is a very good dman and would be our 2nd best for sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I can't help but notice Ryder didn't make anyone's list.Since he's widely considered PC's worst signing,I tend to think PC should get a little more respect around here.No GM is perfect but PC's track record with trades/signings is better than solid.The deals he's won far outweigh the ones in which he was judged to have lost.I personally like the overall direction this team seems to be heading.

i was sure BBR was going to list ryder, ference, wheeler, stuart and thomas as his top 5.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Ryder to me is one of the worst signs. The guy was scratched for a good part of the year, plus if iam not mistaken sent down to montreals farm teams a few times, close to getting waived and for the next three seasons voila you are 12 million dollars richer?? What a stupid move

You could had signed him for league minimum because nobody was going to sign him. Now pc is paying for the mistake today

If pc resigns him for even a bag of peanuts he should be fired next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder to me is one of the worst signs. The guy was scratched for a good part of the year, plus if iam not mistaken sent down to montreals farm teams a few times, close to getting waived and for the next three seasons voila you are 12 million dollars richer?? What a stupid move You could had signed him for league minimum because nobody was going to sign him. Now pc is paying for the mistake today If pc resigns him for even a bag of peanuts he should be fired next year. 
    Posted by rocketdan9[/QUOTE]

yaaa well your wrong about most of that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder to me is one of the worst signs. The guy was scratched for a good part of the year, plus if iam not mistaken sent down to montreals farm teams a few times, close to getting waived and for the next three seasons voila you are 12 million dollars richer?? What a stupid move You could had signed him for league minimum because nobody was going to sign him. Now pc is paying for the mistake today If pc resigns him for even a bag of peanuts he should be fired next year. 
    He could've signed for the league minimum?Surely you jest.He had 4 seasons in Montreal and only missed 14 games in that time.He had 1 season in which he failed to score 25 goals(25-30-30-14)so he was going to be signed somewhere.I can't believe you just read of all the atroscious contracts strewn throughout the league and still chose to say it's one of the worst signings.You're also very mistaken regarding Ryder being sent to the minors.He hasn't played an AHL game since he played his 1st in the show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently : He could've signed for the league minimum?Surely you jest.He had 4 seasons in Montreal and only missed 14 games in that time.He had 1 season in which he failed to score 25 goals(25-30-30-14)so he was going to be signed somewhere.I can't believe you just read of all the atroscious contracts strewn throughout the league and still chose to say it's one of the worst signings.You're also very mistaken regarding Ryder being sent to the minors.He hasn't played an AHL game since he played his 1st in the show.

So the guy is benched multiple games and close to being waived and the year after he is signed to a 12 million dollar contract??  Are you stupid?

That is what you call wasting money at its best

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

rocket,

Ryder is my least favorite player.  Terrible.  But he can put the puck in the net.  And does.  I can't wait until he leaves

And some friendly advice, before calling one of the best posters on here stupid you better come in with more credibility.  I mean if I wanna call dez a moron I can.  B/C he is a moron.

Cheers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently : So the guy is benched multiple games and close to being waived and the year after he is signed to a 12 million dollar contract??  Are you stupid? That is what you call wasting money at its best
    You're the only one who seems to think he was close to being waived.He averaged 25 goals a year for the 4 years previous to the signing so yeah,I guess I'm stupid and you're a genius........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]rocket, Ryder is my least favorite player.  Terrible.  But he can put the puck in the net.  And does.  I can't wait until he leaves And some friendly advice, before calling one of the best posters on here stupid you better come in with more credibility.  I mean if I wanna call dez a moron I can.  B/C he is a moron. Cheers
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Shupe!You know I'm honored to have you consider me a moron.Anything less and I wouldn't be doing my part.Cheers and congrats again on the UNB title.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The NHL 5 Worst Contracts Currently : So the guy is benched multiple games and close to being waived and the year after he is signed to a 12 million dollar contract??  Are you stupid? That is what you call wasting money at its best

he played 70 games his last season in MTL, and he had a leg injury which caused him to miss some games. Never once was he demoted to the AHL after getting called up. you made that up. There was also clearly a bidding war over him, that was well documented. multiple teams wanted him, the bruins signed him for 4 million per season because that is what it took to sign him. it was not a good signing, but the vast majority of what you said in your post was false, and ryder's contract is not close to top 5 worst in the NHL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another excuse to parade out my fave bloge salming video of all time...

Wade Redden -

watch for it...

ready?

ok, watch for Wade Redden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imWpYgTgIc

It just never gets old

Sections
Shortcuts