The NTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The NTC

The Bruins asked Sturm, who is coming off an injury, to waive his NTC.

No free agents will ever sign in Boston again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: The NTC

Without the NTC, the Bruins could have gotten more than a conditional 5th round pick for Sturm.  Don't act like the NTC wasn't a factor here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC:
    Without the NTC, the Bruins could have gotten more than a conditional 5th round pick for Sturm.  Don't act like the NTC wasn't a factor here.
    Posted by Mutant211

1.  My post isn't about what the Bruins got in trade.

2.  You have zero to base your statement on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

That's a bit of a stretch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Hey NAS - Are you inferring that NO OTHER team has ever asked a player to wave his NTC? Sturm publically stated he wanted to play for a contender and LA is that team (more so than Boston). If he did not wat to go, he simply could have said "No". He is a West Coast guy going back to the West Coast.

Nothing to see here, both teams win in this deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He had a no trade clause!  Chiarelli just committed GM SUICIDE!

All RFAs are going to hold out until traded.  Every player in hockey now hates Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There has not been one word from Sturm yet on the trade, and we have no idea what he had wanted for his own future. He may very well be over the moon ECSTATIC with the trade.

There is absolutely no reason, or evidence, to support the notion that this would negatively impact Boston's shot at signing free agents. There's no evidence even that free agents would even think about the Sturm deal when making their choice, and I don't see why they would. Sturm was reportedly given a list of options (three was the number I read) and he picked his team. HE picked the team (if early reports are to be believed).

Sounds to me like a professional and reasonable way to handle the situation.  (and NAS, I'm not sure, but I hope your posts are being made in the tone of sarcasm)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to The NTC:
    The Bruins asked Sturm, who is coming off an injury, to waive his NTC. No free agents will ever sign in Boston again!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Sounds like your adding 1 plus 1 and getting -3.   The salary cap is why the Bruins asked Sturm to waive the clause, but very likely only after pursuing other options like trading Ryder.   As well Sturm gets to go to a very very good team in LA and have shot at a cup run.    If you look at the big picture, this will not reflect badly on Boston when it comes to signing new players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : 1.  My post isn't about what the Bruins got in trade. 2.  You have zero to base your statement on.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Deleted because I was wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

NAS is sarcasticly throwing other posters' arguements back in their faces in regards to asking players to waive their NTCs. 

You cannot convince me that PC could not have gotten a better returnfor Sturm if Sturm did not have veto power.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I bet his feelings are really hurt.  Players only get a no trade clause so they never have to leave.  And to LA!  Look how much further away from his family in Germany he is!

All done in Boston.  Gun in mouth, pull trigger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : 1.  My post isn't about what the Bruins got in trade. 2.  You have zero to base your statement on.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think he's right NAS.The NTC forced PC to trade Sturm to a destination of his choosing rather than the highest bidder available.LA could've been both but I doubt it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

NAS is sarcasticly throwing other posters' arguements back in their faces in regards to asking players to waive their NTCs.  You cannot convince me that PC could not have gotten a better returnfor Sturm if Sturm did not have veto power.
    Posted by Mutant211

Exactly....there have been numerous posters who have said that trading a player after the B's extended them or by trading players with NTCs' would have a negative affect on how future free agents will view Boston as a landing spot, thus making it harder to lure them in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : I think he's right NAS.The NTC forced PC to trade Sturm to a destination of his choosing rather than the highest bidder available.LA could've been both but I doubt it.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It may or may not be correct.  There is nothing that is known.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I don't think Boston will be signing any FA's in the future they are building from with in. The FA that the bruins will need next season could be top notch d man. Mr. Satan is still playing hockey in Europe for conditioning just in case the Bruins call him and say "welcome aboard." for some extra help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : Exactly....there have been numerous posters who have said that trading a player after the B's extended them or by trading players with NTCs' would have a negative affect on how future free agents will view Boston as a landing spot, thus making it harder to lure them in.
    Posted by Wingnut11

Huh... well those posters are a little bit nuts, aren't they?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : Huh... well those posters are a little bit nuts, aren't they?
    Posted by red75

With respect to NTCs, those posters were usually responding to suggestions that players be "strong-armed" into waiving them.  I doubt it would have much effect (especially since I doubt anyone would find out about it) but it wouldn't reflect too well on management.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shot ,  that's kind of harsh.   You're getting emotional . I know you liked Sturm , don't tell me you got attached ?  This is so unlike you.
    He loved it in San Jose why would he hate going to L.A. ?  He's flown from the west coast to Germany and in the end , flying time it's only about 1hr 30mins longer than from Boston,  once you're up and away.
    Players now know it's a buisness and PC is not the first or the last to ask a player to waive their NTC.  Other GMs have survived and so will PC .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The NTC : It may or may not be correct.  There is nothing that is known.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It is KNOWN that he had a NTC.It is known that not everything needs to be debated(as fun as that may be).I get your point though.The sturm trade will have no bearing on future signings(that is known).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Ahh.. NAS kids.. he is a kidder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

NAS- your best post ever!  Anyone seen Duinne?  I am a little worried. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

you're a sick man NAS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: the NTC and return (because the rest is just funny) - We don't even know what the return is, do we?  I haven't seen it anywhere I would trust.

However, that said, before you can even begin to assess what effect the NTC had, you have to figure out what a 30+ winger coming off a season where he lost his touch for most of the second half and playoffs who plays a speed game but is coming off of his second major knee reconstruction, who hasn't played this season, and who is a UFA come the summer is worth on the open market.  Oh, forgot - he's a pro-rated $3.5M cap hit for a team that could sign a Guerin et. al for peanuts and expect similar if not identical results.

I'm not concerned, in other words.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

hey NAS.....do you not grasp the situation??? there is a thing in the NHL now called a "SALARY CAP"! Would free agents boycott Boston forever if they had to resort to sending Ryder to the minors to ride a bus??? He was a free agent too. Did you have some "brilliant" plan to solve the salary cap issue otherwise?? If so...what was your brilliant plan?? somebody HAD to go...simple as that....whether that someone was originally a free agent...a draft pick.....a martian...whats the difference??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Duinne would love your remark NAS!

Sections
Shortcuts