The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand

Surprising that NAS started this thread.......

Put away the pitchforks. He plays a solid all around game. Not going to crucify him for selling a penalty or a bad hit (seems to me this guy is a one strike and your out player to a lot of posters). Is he a punk, absolutely, that's his game. I just think everyone is being a bit harsh on the kid for not playing "Bruins hockey". He's not a dirty player based on one bad hit. Sorry, not going to go there. I haven't seen one thing out of this kid that makes me believe he's out to hurt someone, sorry, don't believe that Umberger hit was either.

And tell me again, what is Bruin's hockey. Seems like the definition changes for every player. Lucic can cross check a guy in the face because he's mouthing off to Horton after a whistle but that's ok, he's Luc, we'll give him a pass. McQuaid can slue foot a guy in the corner, but that's ok, he's Darth Quaider.

This favoritism BS is one of the things I hate about being a Bruins fan. Let's boo another player off the team........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

These guys have a role, Ken Linseman was one of the best, not my favourite player but he did a role that fit with the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand:
    [QUOTE]Surprising that NAS started this thread....... Put away the pitchforks. He plays a solid all around game. Not going to crucify him for selling a penalty or a bad hit (seems to me this guy is a one strike and your out player to a lot of posters). Is he a punk, absolutely, that's his game. I just think everyone is being a bit harsh on the kid for not playing "Bruins hockey". He's not a dirty player based on one bad hit. Sorry, not going to go there. I haven't seen one thing out of this kid that makes me believe he's out to hurt someone, sorry, don't believe that Umberger hit was either. And tell me again, what is Bruin's hockey. Seems like the definition changes for every player. Lucic can cross check a guy in the face because he's mouthing off to Horton after a whistle but that's ok, he's Luc, we'll give him a pass. McQuaid can slue foot a guy in the corner, but that's ok, he's Darth Quaider. This favoritism BS is one of the things I hate about being a Bruins fan. Let's boo another player off the team........
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

brad marchand any kid who can score 20 goals and help the team win woo hoo keep it going brad we all love the maritimer doin greta in bean town

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]the only excuse I am gonna give him is age.  PK plays the same way and we all know how we hate watching it from the other end. i have been calling out his cheap stuff since january.  i will give him some time but I hate watching that kinda stuff...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think your friend Shot has it with ballerinas. I'de be careful if I were you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Nutcracker: Starring Brad Machand : Is that the type of hockey you want to watch, to be proud of?  If they were to score on powerplays that came from dives, would you be happy?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I understand your point. We don't want schab style hockey here in Beantown. But after years of getting hosed over by guys like this, I'll lower my standards for the Cup run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Brad Marchand has 20 goals. Plays on the PP and PK. Feisty, energetic, in the opponents face, skilled with the puck and yes over the top and dirty at times.

I hate those type of aggressive players. Bring back the sleepwalkers he replaced from last years squad. 

His game is very much like Johnny MacKenzie's game was. Did he play "Bruins hockey" ? Damn right ! The Bruins need more players who play like him, not less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

As I said on the other thread regarding Marchand's ceiling, this kid is Dustin Pedroia on skates!  I have no problem whatsoever calling him a Bruin!  NAS is a smart poster and understands that he gets many responses to his posts bashing Marchand.  Me thinks he is wanting to break into the business and the more controversy he can stir up, as the undisputed villain of Bruins Forum, the better, a la Mike Felger.  To make myself clear, I am not hating on NAS, as I enjoy his energy, passion, and most of his posts. Just an assumption on my part as to why he would continue to ride one of the most pleasant surprises on the Bruins this year!  And before anyone can say it, I know Assumpitons make anaSS out of you and me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Let the kid playt his game and be glad he plays for the B's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For the same reason people love Marchand is the exact same reason Hab fans love PK. 

So don't be hating when its some other guy doing it.  That was my only pet peeve with his play.  And its exactly why I hated having Begin on this team.  A rat is a rat no matter what jersey they are wearing.

All I want is for him to play hard...the diving, cheap stuff doesnt look good on him.  Thats why i said he is young and immature and hopefully he can clean it up.  He didnt do it much in the 1st half, why start now.  I don't want him labelled like the other idiots in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]As I said on the other thread regarding Marchand's ceiling, this kid is Dustin Pedroia on skates!  I have no problem whatsoever calling him a Bruin!  NAS is a smart poster and understands that he gets many responses to his posts bashing Marchand.  Me thinks he is wanting to break into the business and the more controversy he can stir up, as the undisputed villain of Bruins Forum, the better, a la Mike Felger.  To make myself clear, I am not hating on NAS, as I enjoy his energy, passion, and most of his posts. Just an assumption on my part as to why he would continue to ride one of the most pleasant surprises on the Bruins this year!  And before anyone can say it, I know Assumpitons make anaSS out of you and me.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I wish the B's had another Marchand, he's exactly what they needed. If Ryder played with half the heart and feistiness that Brad shows game in and game out he wouldn't be trying to play himself onto the 4th line.Scoring 20 goals as a rookie is nothing to sneeze at and having watched him this year play on the 2nd,3rd and 4th lines plus the PP and PK he is very versatile as well. Yeah he doesn't play like a Bruin, lets kick him off the team.Brilliant. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Brad Marchand has 20 goals. Plays on the PP and PK. Feisty, energetic, in the opponents face, skilled with the puck and yes over the top and dirty at times. I hate those type of aggressive players. Bring back the sleepwalkers he replaced from last years squad.  His game is very much like Johnny MacKenzie's game was. Did he play "Bruins hockey" ? Damn right ! The Bruins need more players who play like him, not less.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You know what I hate?  Aggressive posters who start attack threads full of misinformation and lies.

See my sig for more.

Sections
Shortcuts