The "Other" Favorite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The "Other" Favorite

We are obviously all Bruins fans which is why we post here...trolls notwithstanding.

But, we do, as individual fan of the game,  have weak spots for other teams that we cheer for. Some posters' second favs are more obvious than others.

Mine, for the record, is Ottawa. I did not care much for them one way or the other until I lived in the city for a few years and became a regular at their games. Plus, playing second fiddle to TO speaks to me who loves a good underdog. So the Sens are my "second favorite."

Anyone else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: The

Mine is Carolina. Less so with connection with Hartford and more to the fact I like the area near Asheville. I like Cam Ward and Eric Staal as well! If pressed hard it would be Calgary, the Rocky Mountains are the lure there. 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Calgary? Presumably you have never lived there?

I also still have a bit of a soft spot for the Whale. My father used to take me to their games. Did not translate to Carolina though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Growing up in the 60's, I had a board hockey game that only had 2 teams (Montreal & St Louis). Being a staunch Bruin fan, even back then, there was no way I was ever going to play the Hab team, so I was always the Blues.

Probably because of that, I do have an interest in how the team does, even now (sorry to see Sobotka go).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Growing up in the 60's, I had a board hockey game that only had 2 teams (Montreal & St Louis).

[/QUOTE]

Had a table hockey game and the only two teams were the Habs and Leafs....grrr. An uncle of mine from Maine bought it in New Brunswick and gave it to me as an x-mas present. I still curse him to this day....lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not so much an other team for me but players. I'll watch any NHL game, but I do go out of my way to watch Carey Price, Joe Thornton, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins , Crosby, and I really like Ryan Johansen and Nino Niederreiter. Absolutley love watching Patrick Kane and Matt Duchene.

Though, now that I think of it, I have found myself watching the Oilers with interest. During the lockout I scratched my itch for hockey by watching so much Oil Change on the NHL Network I think I became a fan without realizing it..I've been brainwashed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha...could well be we are all expecting them to break out any year now due to the gaudy draft picks they have accumulated the past several years. That plus "bold moves" Mactavish is certain to pull the trigger on a number of blockbusters at any moment :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Everybody probably knows this, but as a Avs season ticket holder, it's the Avs for me.

Otherwise, I find myself rooting for underdogs a lot.  Especially the once great franchises that have been down for so long.  I've been pulling for the Isles and Oilers to be good again for a while now.

And as conflicting as this may sound, I grew up liking both the Bruins and the Whalers.  I was actually closer to Hartford growing up and went to a lot of games there.  My affection did not survive the move to Carolina however.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Im going outside the box with The Baby B's and BC. All other NHL teams are the enemy! :)

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ugh.

So sad.

Let's go Panthers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Capitals for me dating back to the scott stevens days.  Loved him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Living in the GTA it's tough to not be aware of the meanderings of the Leafs. I watch and follow them second only to the Bruins. I'm not a fan of their's because I can't honestly say I want them to succeed. They win a Cup and you're talking an insufferable environment around here. Blue and white in your face big - time. All fueled by rantings of here being the center of the hockey universe. That's a hell of an annoying, pompous and incredibly misguided expression to describe a franchise and city that hasn't seen a Stanley Cup in almost 50 years unless folks visit the HHOF down at Yonge and Front St. 

Even during those years when Toronto didn't make the playoffs they were a year-round industry, still making summer news, often with pics on the front pages of The Star and Sun for whatever the reason. It's been different this year. For the first time in recent memory, Leaf news has been unusually quiet and infrequent. I think I like watching them come up short. For that reason I don't mind them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No other teams... but there are a few players I like to see have success (when they aren't playing against Boston.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

The NY <GASP> Rangers :-0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ugh.

So sad.

Let's go Panthers.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! I knew it!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Living in the GTA it's tough to not be aware of the meanderings of the Leafs. I watch and follow them second only to the Bruins. I'm not a fan of their's because I can't honestly say I want them to succeed. They win a Cup and you're talking an insufferable environment around here. Blue and white in your face big - time. All fueled by rantings of here being the center of the hockey universe. That's a hell of an annoying, pompous and incredibly misguided expression to describe a franchise and city that hasn't seen a Stanley Cup in almost 50 years unless folks visit the HHOF down at Yonge and Front St. 

Even during those years when Toronto didn't make the playoffs they were a year-round industry, still making summer news, often with pics on the front pages of The Star and Sun for whatever the reason. It's been different this year. For the first time in recent memory, Leaf news has been unusually quiet and infrequent. I think I like watching them come up short. For that reason I don't mind them.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, hard not to when you live there. The media is 100% leafs all the time..one of the reasons I cheer for the Sens. Just insufferable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ugh.

So sad.

Let's go Panthers.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! I knew it!!

[/QUOTE]

It's actually easy because they're no threat whatsoever to the B's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]

We are obviously all Bruins fans which is why we post here...trolls notwithstanding.

But, we do, as individual fan of the game,  have weak spots for other teams that we cheer for. Some posters' second favs are more obvious than others.

Mine, for the record, is Ottawa. I did not care much for them one way or the other until I lived in the city for a few years and became a regular at their games. Plus, playing second fiddle to TO speaks to me who loves a good underdog. So the Sens are my "second favorite."

Anyone else?

[/QUOTE]

None. I did love the Northstar player on the Weaties box.  Liked Ceasar Montiago as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Ugh.

So sad.

Let's go Panthers.

[/QUOTE]

You will cheer for anybody, along as Shawn Thornton is on the team :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea, hard not to when you live there. The media is 100% leafs all the time..one of the reasons I cheer for the Sens. Just insufferable.

[/QUOTE]

I'll always remember the consistent rant by an announcer on THE FAN 590 back in '94. Late night guy "Stormin" Norman Rumack would almost nightly get into screamfests with callers when he stated he wouldn't trade the 1994 Selke Trophy and Hart-winning, 56 goal, 64 assist, 120 point Sergei Federov straight up for Wendel Clark. No disrespect to Clark who when healthy was an effective player but...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    [QUOTE]

None. I did love the Northstar player on the Weaties box.  Liked Ceasar Montiago as well.

[/QUOTE]

You got me thinking now,who was it,J.P. Parise,Bill Goldsworthy,Lou Nanne,Danny Grant? I'm stumped, although i can vaguely remember it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Have always been a B's fan through & through,but did enjoy watching the old Flyer teams,just because they had so many characters such as"Hound dog" Kelly,Dave "The Hammer" Schultz,"Cowboy" Bill Flett, Don" Big Bird" Saleski,Andre "Moose" Dupont,Reggie"The Rifle" Leach, and coached by Freddie"The Fog"Shero,quite a talented and thuggy team when all was said and done. Bernie Parent pizzed me off too,played lights out against the B's in 74',damn!

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sections
Shortcuts