The Philly Rats are goin' down!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: The Philly Rats are goin' down!

The mid-season loss of Pronger hurt this team. That's big important minutes given to someone with less abilities then him. He's a horse in his own end. And nasty to play against too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, Bryzgalov is an awful goalie in the playoffs. He did have that long shutout streak this year but unless the Flyers can score 4 per game in the playoffs they'll never win a cup with this guy unless Pronger comes back REAL healthy next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think it would be awesome to sign Parise to a contract just like NJ signed Kovalchuk. Then Boston could be forced to lose Seguin just as Kovalchuk could cost NJ Parise. Perfect! And I would love to have a $6 mil cap hit for a guy in his 40's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: The Philly Rats are goin' down!:
    [QUOTE]While I have certainly been a part of the 'evil trap' chorus during these playoffs, I'm not so sure that the Flyers were just victims of the trap. I've said right from the beginning that Bryzgalov was a very streaky player and an unreliable signing at that price.  The Flyers always seem to have bad goal-tending as their achilles heel, and boy was it bad in this playoffs.  The only reason they won in the 1st round was that Fleury played beer-league bad, while Bryz only played minor league bad.  Bryzgalov never looked good in these playoffs and seemed to let in soft goals every single game. Furthermore, the Flyers still play with very little discipline for a contender.  Their routine of using goon players and throwing a lot of dirty hits catches up to them in the playoffs when they play a disciplined team.  I saw Rinaldo, Hartnell and JVR take stupid, dirty penalties last night while the Devils never retaliated and scored on the PP to punish them. So, the Flyers can cry about the trap too, but I'm not convinced that's what beat them.  They have plenty of flaws.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Timmo and Pronger are finished, leaving behind a very average "D". The flyers hold a "seventh-goon" award ceremony every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Rinaldo was still in the lineup?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Philly Rats are goin' down!:[QUOTE]The Flyers are the only team worth watching. I can't wait to see PHX - LA play. 5 skaters on each team standing in front of their own nets.  0-0 in octuple overtime. Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree about the gauntlet in front of the goalies but the hitting from Richards, Brown, Doan and Vermette will keep me interested. I saw these teams play 3 times this season they do not like each other. This series will be real physical all the way through.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of hideous contracts, the Flyers dumped 61 million dollars at a goalie with a recent history of soft play in the playoffs to replace their goalies who were giving them soft play in the playoffs.  So just like last year's semifinal, their bright shiny new $61M toy made a few good saves while continuing to give up soft goals in the playoffs.  2 tonight buried them.  A horrendous contract.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

How many more years on that deal? Like I said when the deal happened, you do not trade Mike Richards to L.A unless you can come back with John Quick. Yes, Simmonds is good and Schenn might be a star, but that team did not lack in the forward department.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]You've been on the Flyers jocks all year. You flip-flop more than a Chinese gymnast.-Dezaruchi Thanks Dez, for once again displaying your very simple mind. You cannot grasp in your feeble little Kaberle-focused brain that a person can state the Flyers are very taklented (Van Reimsdyke, Girioux, Brier, Jagr et al) and still think they are a pack of rats. Oh well, I don't have time to explain this subtlety to you. Just keep hugging your Kaberle doll ok?
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Really? This is the reply you slept all night to come up with? It's even weaker than your normal crap and that's tough to do. This is another fine example of why you'll never be a credible poster. Just after the Bruins were eliminated you chose to proclaim for all to hear that PC was asleep at the wheel again as teams like the mighty Flyers so greatly improved. I pointed out the (painfully obvious to most) fact that they had only won 1 more game than last year and that maybe you should wait until they proved it before proclaiming them world-beaters. But no, you couldn't wait for that. You can't even figure out the proper times for "I told you so's". Why don't you spend tonight trying to come up with something clever to say about hockey (or Kaberle even) since you still have yet to do that. Frankly, I can't wait for you to tell me what "Segs" has to say about this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If I told Segs or any other Bruin what you think of Kaberle, they would rightly say "it that guy nuts?!!!" I would then have nothing to say but "well...yeah"

And you've neglected to acknowledge my many posts where I call the Flyers a bunch of rats. It's out there and you know it. I also said they added offense and made great trades--getting Jagr, Schenn, etc. where the B's stood pat. I define a reasonable year as one where you win at least 1 or 2 rounds. The Flyers did that so you can't say they didn't take active steps to improve. The B's did not, they let Ryds go and did not replace him with a proven 30 goal guy. That was the margin they lost by. Flyers beat a tremendous Pittsburgh team. So grab that Kaberle doll and snuggle in the corner for a bit and try to digest the facts. May take ya awhile, but you of the 10,000 posts have plenty of time to try to comprehend this. You don't, obviously, have too much else goin' on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If I told Segs or any other Bruin what you think of Kaberle, they would rightly say "it that guy nuts?!!!" I would then have nothing to say but "well...yeah" And you've neglected to acknowledge my many posts where I call the Flyers a bunch of rats. It's out there and you know it. I also said they added offense and made great trades--getting Jagr, Schenn, etc. where the B's stood pat. I define a reasonable year as one where you win at least 1 or 2 rounds. The Flyers did that so you can't say they didn't take active steps to improve. The B's did not, they let Ryds go and did not replace him with a proven 30 goal guy. That was the margin they lost by. Flyers beat a tremendous Pittsburgh team. So grab that Kaberle doll and snuggle in the corner for a bit and try to digest the facts. May take ya awhile, but you of the 10,000 posts have plenty of time to try to comprehend this. You don't, obviously, have too much else goin' on.

I stopped reading after this jumbled nonsense. Take a breath and try again in English.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395486

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If I told Segs or any other Bruin what you think of Kaberle, they would rightly say "it that guy nuts?!!!" I would then have nothing to say but "well...yeah" And you've neglected to acknowledge my many posts where I call the Flyers a bunch of rats. It's out there and you know it. I also said they added offense and made great trades--getting Jagr, Schenn, etc. where the B's stood pat. I define a reasonable year as one where you win at least 1 or 2 rounds. The Flyers did that so you can't say they didn't take active steps to improve. The B's did not, they let Ryds go and did not replace him with a proven 30 goal guy. That was the margin they lost by. Flyers beat a tremendous Pittsburgh team. So grab that Kaberle doll and snuggle in the corner for a bit and try to digest the facts. May take ya awhile, but you of the 10,000 posts have plenty of time to try to comprehend this. You don't, obviously, have too much else goin' on.
    See here's another great example of the flip-flop kid. 10 days ago you've got the Flyers pegged as world-beaters. This is why no one takes you serious. Congrats though as you somehow manage to pull off being ignorant while still coming off sounding like a know it all.

Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

posted at 4/29/2012 10:45 AM EDT

First: 2/25/2011
    Last: 5/9/2012
    The Bruins never addressed their lack of elite scorer and lack of netfront presence, nor their power play. They tried a minor tweak in getting Corvo but he was a from bad to worse pickup. Than they picked up Rolston who tried valiantly but was an obvious on-the-cheap pickup, along with Motteau and Zanon. The truly great teams this year, which were and are Philly and the Rangers (and a couple of western teams), did major shuffling. The Bruins dpended on another all world season from Thomas to occur, and though "Oh, we're still the best despite the giant improvements by NY and Philly" which just about everybody except Chia and a couple of nameless tea drinkers on this board, knew was impossible. What the rest of us said, that the B's didn't do enough, was spot on. The B's would not have beat NY, Philly, Pittsburgh, LA, or Vancouver with this lineup, sad to say, had they gotten by Washington. The pitiful offensive output/pp versus Washington was the proof in our pudding. Watch the Rangers destroy Washington. Why? because they built themselves to win whether or not their elite goalie is unbeatable. They cut through Washington's average defense like a knife thru butter, while the B's were like butterknives attempting to slice the toughest of meat. I say all this because I don't want just tweaks again. That's proven to fail already. I want a new power play coach, an elite pointman, and an elite scorer. We have TIMMAY and Krecji as tradeable assets. Krecji ain't cutting it here anymore, TIMMAY has unfortunatey shown his age but is still an asset, and Tuuka and Khudabin are heirs apparent. Let's right this ship this summer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well, that should end that discussion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

phx-njd will be the ratings disaster.  i hope the former wins the cup so troll bettman can't move them.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I can't believe New Jersey is still in playoffs. I thought the Kovalchuk deal would bite them in the butt eternally. New Jersey . . . really, it makes me sick. It's flashback time- I have forgotten over the last few years how much I hated Ner Jersey, from back in the Blaine Lacher era.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Watching NJ's style last night reminded me of how the Caps kept the Bruins to the outside, forcing shots from the wings that caused Brodeur little difficulty.  They couldn't create enough offence in this series.  Seemed like the Flyers were bad in enough areas of their form to lose.  Credit to NJ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, these playoffs have been an anomally. I'm starting to root for Washington a bit because of Ovy. He's had a rough couple of years statistically and he's putting in huge effort. Like I said, the Flyers getting knocked of is my Stanley Cup this year but I don't really dislike any teams that are left. Rangers are certainly the most talented (that observation is strictly for pea brains Dez and Kelvana who don't know the difference between a hockey stick and an orange) but this newfangled collapse defense being employed is making all things equal. Up is down and down is up this year. the only constant is Dez is clueless. SOme things never change eh Dez?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, these playoffs have been an anomally. I'm starting to root for Washington a bit because of Ovy. He's had a rough couple of years statistically and he's putting in huge effort. Like I said, the Flyers getting knocked of is my Stanley Cup this year but I don't really dislike any teams that are left. Rangers are certainly the most talented (that observation is strictly for pea brains Dez and Kelvana who don't know the difference between a hockey stick and an orange) but this newfangled collapse defense being employed is making all things equal. Up is down and down is up this year. the only constant is Dez is clueless. SOme things never change eh Dez?

Your hockey knowledge is lacking. You think the Rangers are a more talented team?

I'd say the Kings and Coyotes both matchup quite well against them. Looking at the season stats they are very similar to the Kings and a little better than the Coyotes. Its hardly easy to declare the NY Rangers the best team remaining in the playoffs...

Speaking of which, weren't you trash talking Ovechkin not too long ago? Now you want him to win the cup? I'm laying my allegiances in the West at this point. Yotes have the slight edge. But I'll be happy with either team winning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, these playoffs have been an anomally. I'm starting to root for Washington a bit because of Ovy. He's had a rough couple of years statistically and he's putting in huge effort. Like I said, the Flyers getting knocked of is my Stanley Cup this year but I don't really dislike any teams that are left. Rangers are certainly the most talented (that observation is strictly for pea brains Dez and Kelvana who don't know the difference between a hockey stick and an orange) but this newfangled collapse defense being employed is making all things equal. Up is down and down is up this year. the only constant is Dez is clueless. SOme things never change eh Dez?
    Everyone is laughing at you. that's another constant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Speaking of which, weren't you trash talking Ovechkin not too long ago? Now you want him to win the cup?-Dez

Another Dez inaccuracy. You have a penchant for trying to look back in time, so where the heck have you imagined that statement from? I'm curious Dez. You can't show me because I never said it. If anything I'm an Ovy supporter not a detractor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of which, weren't you trash talking Ovechkin not too long ago? Now you want him to win the cup?-Dez Another Dez inaccuracy. You have a penchant for trying to look back in time, so where the heck have you imagined that statement from? I'm curious Dez. You can't show me because I never said it. If anything I'm an Ovy supporter not a detractor.
    No, I didn't say either. I picked the Kings during the 1st round. You see some of us have an opinion and stick with it for more than a few days at a time. Then there are others, led by you, who flip-flop to the point that their opinions are rendered useless. Keep on lying if that gets you through the day. Nobody cares what you have to say anyway. People sure have alot of nerve to expect you to stick by something you say over 10 days ago......that's practically forever isn't it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Notice Dez didn't answer the plain question? That's why he's irrelevant. He puts words in peoples mouths and then can't back up his lies. Nice Dez, real nice. You're full of laughs, as per usual.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Notice Dez didn't answer the plain question? That's why he's irrelevant. He puts words in peoples mouths and then can't back up his lies. Nice Dez, real nice. You're full of laughs, as per usual.

Who did I pick to make the Finals? Dez caught you in a lie, it's right there in front of you, did you back it up?

Stop typing, just read, perhaps you'll pick up a thing or two and wont sound like such a moron next time you post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Philly Rats are goin' down! : Who did I pick to make the Finals? Dez caught you in a lie, it's right there in front of you, did you back it up? Stop typing, just read, perhaps you'll pick up a thing or two and wont sound like such a moron next time you post.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Don't hold your breath waiting for that Kel.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Notice Dez didn't answer the plain question? That's why he's irrelevant. He puts words in peoples mouths and then can't back up his lies. Nice Dez, real nice. You're full of laughs, as per usual.
    Has anyone on this forum EVER asked your opinion on something? I'm not talking about all of the times people ask you "what kind of idiot are you"?