The positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: The positives

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

It is,and i will clear up a bit more and my attitude will brighten,until my allergies kick in of course! :-p

I'm jealous. Currently stuck in an office with forced air and fluorescent lights surrounded by stacks of papers. My weekend in a nutshell :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

It is,and i will clear up a bit more and my attitude will brighten,until my allergies kick in of course! :-p

I'm jealous. Currently stuck in an office with forced air and fluorescent lights surrounded by stacks of papers. My weekend in a nutshell :(

Sounds bleak,any summer vacation?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sounds bleak,any summer vacation?

Not for this hombre.....I guess the Rags wiping out the Habs will have to suffice for schadenfreude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The conditional trade for Meszaros trade stays at a 3rd rounder..........not a 2nd.

Hey, what can I say................I like the draft and it was always there in the back of my mind if they lost.

Hapoy u like the draft  based on track record chia scouts been horrible with 3rders And 2nd  rders too for that matter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Com e on ... ur off for months soon JMW

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Not true unfortunately......unless I am really Shero or Bylsma.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Not true unfortunately......unless I am really Shero or Bylsma.

How come ? Year is done?  Apart from exam correction s ... what else ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Summer courses to be taught. Three seperate research projects to do. No rest for the wicked.....lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Summer courses to be taught. Three seperate research projects to do. No rest for the wicked.....lol.

Ok however teaching summer courses is optional?  Right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not if I want money to live. Contract and all....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Not if I want money to live. Contract and all....

JMW  COME ON UNIV PROFS DO VERY WELL EVEN W/O summer courses. Contract? Ur on contract .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

JMW  COME ON UNIV PROFS DO VERY WELL EVEN W/O summer courses. Contract? Ur on contract .

I don't have tenure.....unlike Bookboy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I don't have tenure.....unlike Bookboy.

Ok.... is book a prof too? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One positive is Fraser.  He looks like he could crack the lineup next year.

The young defense got burned, but it was a good learning experience for them.  Bartkowski is not at his potential yet, he will be better next year for the Bruins or for someone else.  Those missed assignments are going to burn deep into their minds this summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

One positive is Fraser.  He looks like he could crack the lineup next year.

The young defense got burned, but it was a good learning experience for them.  Bartkowski is not at his potential yet, he will be better next year for the Bruins or for someone else.  Those missed assignments are going to burn deep into their minds this summer.

If Fraser has anywhere close to product ion in Ahl.... that will make the bruins a whole lot better

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Positives for me:

Soderberg emerged in a beast-like fashion. If Eriksson can get fully right and back to being a 30-goal guy, and Fraser can continue to develop and improve, we'll have a solid 3rd line.

I thought Krug - who struggled at times during the regular season - got better as the playoff went along. He had a very good Game 7 and earned his big minutes that night.

Hamilton has arrived. This guy will be in the Norris conversation before we know it.

Miller was solid for his first 1/2 season. For most of the time this year, he made you forget he was an emergency replacement for Seids. Struggled with the pressure in the playoffs, but seems to have the grit/character to overcome and learn.

Bergeron is the Bruins' best player and MVP. Should win the Selke and predictably raised his game during the playoffs when many of his co-stars did not.

Iginla I'm ranking as a positive. He was a 30-goal scorer and the leading goal-scorer in the playoffs. The guy can't create his own offense any more, but he can finish. Lucic was an absolute dead weight on the first line throughout the playoffs.

Rask is one of the best goalies in the game and was far better than some of the Round 2 results might indicate. Still finished with a GAA under 2 and a .928 save %, which rank him 3rd behind Lundquist and Crawford.

Reilly Smith had a very good first season with the B's and was solid if not spectacular in the playoffs. Another guy skating with dead weight on the other wing, I see him as a solid contributor next season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Hard to look at, but....

Jeez I love Soderberg. He just does the little things along with Reilly Smith to a lesser extent.

Dougie Hamilton is going to be very good. Krug is solid. and Miller is good too. All 3 young too.

Just trying to find a positive out of a disappointing negative!

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

I agree.  I want them to win every season but that's silly unrealistic thinking.  Lots of solid young players w/ a good coach & GM.  The season ended before we all wanted it to but the future is bright.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckeggs. Show duckeggs's posts

This year had lots of positives. New young players (Krug, Bartkowski, Smith) integrated. The Seguin trade worked out well. Soderburg really blossomed.

Losing to the Habs really sucks, but this team is deep, strong and relatively young. Definitely lots of talent. If they can learn from the mistakes from this series, the future looks great

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I like the fact that the youg D-men got some valuable experience in the playoffs and  that they learned how bad it feels to lose-especially to the Habs. They won't want that to happen again.

Every once in a while , out of the blue I just swear out loud "blanking blankety blank  Habs!" Like Happy when he says: "I hate that Bob Barker!" It would be worse if I still lived in Montreal but just knowing that there are a bunch of Habs fans out there who are smiling makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hapoy u like the draft  based on track record chia scouts been horrible with 3rders And 2nd  rders too for that matter

[/QUOTE]

Spooner, Koko, Camara and Knight are all 2nd and 3rd round young players with their future yet to be determined. Griffith is a 5th rounder. 

These horrible drafted players might prove you wrong one day. 

Based on your track record I'm counting on it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Another positive you will take different posters for your pool.

Starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a period is a positive.  Every word spelled correctly is also a bonus.  I have no idea what your sentence means because it doesn't make any sense.  It's still an improvement over most of your posts because I can recognize actual words.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a period is a positive.  Every word spelled correctly is also a bonus.  I have no idea what your sentence means because it doesn't make any sense.  It's still an improvement over most of your posts because I can recognize actual words.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

Agreed . 

When voicing on an opinion on a discussion board it's always appropriate to convey your point.............. so that it's readable in one of the many languages that Earth has.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to duckeggs' comment:

This year had lots of positives. New young players (Krug, Bartkowski, Smith) integrated. The Seguin trade worked out well. Soderburg really blossomed. 

The SeQueen trade dividends will pay off for years to come. Krug and Smith were pure PC brilliance along with the scouts that told him that these two were good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I thought of another positive.

At least Bergeron is going into a summer without the living tar smacked out of him.

Seems that for about the last 5 years he went into summer with talk of a potential surgery or major rest and recovery from something or other.

Sections
Shortcuts