The Quote Box

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Quote Box

Fellas,

Over the past X days, a lot of laziness has crept into our asylum.  One of the best things (honestly!) about this site is that despite it's poor setup, almost everyone has been going out of their way to keep things readable by editing the quote box down to the specific target quote.

We're seeing a lot of super long replies, with "In response to:" 5, 6, 7, 8 or more times and huge blank spaces in between them.

It takes 10 seconds to edit the quote box if you're really slow at it.  Take those 10 seconds, please!  It makes your statement easier to read and makes the overall board experience much better.

This PSA has been brought to you by the letter "Q", the number 9, and the Shupe Loves Rask's Contract Coalition.

We thank you for your support.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: The Quote Box

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fellas,

Over the past X days, a lot of laziness has crept into our asylum.  One of the best things (honestly!) about this site is that despite it's poor setup, almost everyone has been going out of their way to keep things readable by editing the quote box down to the specific target quote.

We're seeing a lot of super long replies, with "In response to:" 5, 6, 7, 8 or more times and huge blank spaces in between them.

It takes 10 seconds to edit the quote box if you're really slow at it.  Take those 10 seconds, please!  It makes your statement easier to read and makes the overall board experience much better.

This PSA has been brought to you by the letter "Q", the number 9, and the Shupe Loves Rask's Contract Coalition.

We thank you for your support.

NAS, if you had posted this pic before Iginla was signed someone would've asked if either of these gentlemen could play right wing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[/QUOTE]

NAS, if you had posted this pic before Iginla was signed someone would've asked if either of these gentlemen could play right wing.

[/QUOTE]

Pass................... if they're left handed shooting rookies.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's BHab and Chowda.  BHab is on the left, working up the template for the upcoming rookie session.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

That's BHab and Chowda.  BHab is on the left, working up the template for the upcoming rookie session.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda looks perturbed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

BHab had just declared Player A to be a future #2 defenseman, despite only reading stats and never having actually seen him play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That would explain the Archie Bunker and Edith look on Chowdah's face.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There's been a recent change in the coding too.  Now when you quote some one that has quoted some one else, the (QUOTE) fields appear from that quote in addition to those added by you quoting.  When this happens, you need to delete those older fields, or you just end up with even more confusion.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

There's been a recent change in the coding too.  Now when you quote some one that has quoted some one else, the (QUOTE) fields appear from that quote in addition to those added by you quoting.  When this happens, you need to delete those older fields, or you just end up with even more confusion.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

I have the added issue of working without a standard keyboard on my PlayBook. I try to edit and more often than not I end up somehow deleting my post. Frustrating. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I have the added issue of working without a standard keyboard on my PlayBook. I try to edit and more often than not I end up somehow deleting my post. Frustrating. 

Technical issues are understandable, Dez.  Many are just being lazy. 

(I figured you were doing it just to get my goat!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Technical issues are understandable, Dez.  Many are just being lazy. 

(I figured you were doing it just to get my goat!)

[/QUOTE]

No and I'm sure you can see a clear difference when I'm on my laptop instead. This tablet is great for just about everything but editing text. Touch screens are for the birds. I just try to scroll down the page and somehow I end up getting my credit score(not good). I'm actually planning on getting a keyboard for it from Amazon at some point because it drives me bonkers too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guilty but the ipad is the crutch i lean on.  Its freaking impossible to do anything easy on this thing.  Im likely one of the biggest repeat offenders.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

More likely Geoff Ward in 20 years, still employed by the Bruins and still working on a PP strategy.  This time one that revolutionizes the game as it involves using the goalie as the extra attacker for the entire length of the penalty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That would explain the Archie Bunker and Edith look on Chowdah's face.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Yep.

Chowdah looks like he's ready to tell Badhab to "go stifle himself".

Sections
Shortcuts