the Rask factor......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: the Rask factor......

i don't think the b's are considering bringing in a 3rd goalie. maybe some guys on here, but not the b's. they wouldn't be able to find a backup with a sv pct in the .920's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good news, I'm not concerned about the save percentage as much I'm concerned about the win percentage....Alex Auld when he backed up a few years ago wasn't all-world, but he won games and he had some terrific backup performances. Really don't see that in Rask this year....one or two at best in "quality performances" regardless of his save percentage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why do we continue to beat a dead horse? Boston has a goaltending problem that is the envy of 29 other teams.This conversation is getting old and tiresome but,I suppose as Bruins fans,complaining is what we do......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

deza, I'm not as convinced as you of the envy thing. The B's starting goalie is the envy. The second-string goalie is not being coveted by any team the way he is playing this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:
    [QUOTE]deza, I'm not as convinced as you of the envy thing. The B's starting goalie is the envy. The second-string goalie is not being coveted by any team the way he is playing this season.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    I disagree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well, we agree to disagree, but remember if Rask is the future, there's a point where he will have to be the best goalie on the ice between the B's and an opponent and he has to steal a win....I'm waiting on this one for 2010-11

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]well, we agree to disagree, but remember if Rask is the future, there's a point where he will have to be the best goalie on the ice between the B's and an opponent and he has to steal a win....I'm waiting on this one for 2010-11
    I guess I just don't worry about it as much as some(much like I didn't worry last year when Rask outplayed TT).Good tending from at least 1 of them will do for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i'd prefer both be reliable. I felt that way with Moog-Lemelin and back when it was Cheevers-Gilbert. It's something that should be the case this season, not seeing complete opposites. I do feel a sense of doom when Rask starts. Seriously. I've been feeling this way for a long time this season. The feel-good joy of 2 straight wins over Carolina is tempered by the Sabres loss...The common denominator is Rask was in goal v. Buffalo. I cringed when I saw him take the net. And I didn't want to think they would blow 1-0, 2-1 leads, but I have to say...it was almost predictable the way Rask has played.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Danny, I think your wrong when you say Rask lost the starting job. Rask starts the first game in Prague where the team plays like absolutely garbage, Tuukka gets hung out to dry. Yotes had like 5 breakaways the first 2 periods. TT comes out and gets a shut out. Gets the next start in NJ and wins 4-1, gets the next 2 starts vs Washington and from there TT is the no.1 goalie.

TT won the starting job, Rask didnt lose it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ok, let's say that's the case, cindy...then when TT had his mini meltdown in the OTs, there was an opportunity for Rask to return the favor and start a streak of his own...nope...He played poorly v. Buffalo. Out of position, which is not something we're used to seeing with Tuuka. He's not the acrobat that Tim is, but his strength is supposed to be his size, wingspan, and positioning...Instead he gives up some poor goals and the team doesn't, won't play well in front of him. But they give him leads, only to see him give them right back, 1-0, 2-1....It's not winning hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Orr,
    cant "reply" to your thread, but its exactly why you sound like an idiot, again..
    I never said anything about thomas should start more, thomas should play more,  I said rask fans should stop the crying about his playing time, and the excuses..

I think rask should continue to play ever 3-4 games, already said that though you cant seem to understand it, if he starts to win, he should play more. but get a clue, thomas has been better.. He's been the best in the league, and to this point in the season, the best in the history of the NHL..Stop crying for rask to play more, cause hes a starter, cause we can throw points away so he can feel better about himself, so the team can play better in front of him, for whatever other stupid reasons you have.. My favorite being thomas has to play out of position so he can make big saves so the team can win.. He was huge in the 4-3 loss to montreal and the team hung him out to dry in the 3rd..

Notice how little support all of your therioes (based on nothing) actually got..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Orr, cant "reply" to your thread, but its exactly why you sound like an idiot, again.. I never said anything about thomas should start more, thomas should play more,  I said rask fans should stop the crying about his playing time, and the excuses.. I think rask should continue to play ever 3-4 games, already said that though you cant seem to understand it, if he starts to win, he should play more. but get a clue, thomas has been better.. He's been the best in the league, and to this point in the season, the best in the history of the NHL..Stop crying for rask to play more, cause hes a starter, cause we can throw points away so he can feel better about himself, so the team can play better in front of him, for whatever other stupid reasons you have.. My favorite being thomas has to play out of position so he can make big saves so the team can win.. He was huge in the 4-3 loss to montreal and the team hung him out to dry in the 3rd.. Notice how little support all of your therioes (based on nothing) actually got..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I guess you did not read the article I posted in my last post.  If Thomas plays 3 of 4 games as you suggest he will end up playing 59 games.  Only one goalie who play over 55 games made it out of the first round last season.  Only one goalie since the lockout had played more games than that and won a cup and he had arguably 2 of the best 3 players in the world playing in front of him.  The last 6 goalies to win the cup averaged 47 games played during the regular season.

I know some of you think Thomas is some kind of superbeing but he is just Human and will get tired just like everyone else.  If we want Thomas to have playoff success he has to play less.  The obvious conclusion to draw is if Thomas plays 59 regular season game and then plays all the game in the first round the Bruins will lose that series.  But as my mother likes to say common sense is not as common as it used to be. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I never said he should start 3 out of 4.
    I said Rask should play every 3 or 4, he has played about 1 out of every 3 so far this season.. but mostly my point is I am so tired of hearing excuses, that thomas should play less just so you can see rask in net more.. give it a break hes 4 -10 Thomas is 22- 4, you think its the team playing that much better in front of thomas, thats really it?

The last 6 teams to win the cup also haven't relied as heavily on their goalies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I never said he should start 3 out of 4. I said Rask should play every 3 or 4, he has played about 1 out of every 3 so far this season.. but mostly my point is I am so tired of hearing excuses, that thomas should play less just so you can see rask in net more.. give it a break hes 4 -10 Thomas is 22- 4, you think its the team playing that much better in front of thomas, thats really it? The last 6 teams to win the cup also haven't relied as heavily on their goalies.

So are you saying Ward did not deserve his Conn Smythe Trophy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : So are you saying Ward did not deserve his Conn Smythe Trophy?
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Your ridiculous..

Ward posted a 2.2 GAA and a .920 svs%  good numbers, but he was not relied upon as heavily as thomas has been this year, posted 1 shut out in the finals (which carolina scored 4 goals in) had plenty of support in the finals minus his 2-1 win..

but i love that since your wrong time after time, you just keep trying to put words in my mouth..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

4   1  ...bruins after two....with rask in net  we would be lucky to be tied....tank is good for a couple more years so get rid of rask  before the deadline  if you can fid a sucker out there....get good solid backup goalie  ...tank hasnt had many shots today but before bruins scored 4th goal he robbed them...thats the difference  big saves at the right time...  ive hoped rask would turn it around but with that horrible goaling style..i give up on him....every save he makes seems to be a scary save...enough of hiom...out of here for hopefully something

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordBruin. Show LordBruin's posts

Tuukks and Timmy need to BOTH play consecutive games in a row to get their flow going  instead of alternating games to keep both of them sharp and not to wonder who will be playing next. They are BOTH solid #1 netminders that just need to be given the chance for ice time and to get into the groove. This will be good for both of them and for the team especially with their point total and how they are doing in the standings. Have to look at the BiG Picture!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

Keep Rask; may not be as sharp as TT this year but, he got the B's in the playoff last year.  The lost against Philly in the playoff... CJ should have played  TT for game 6.  Who knows what would have happened. Coach mistake just like Sullivan did against Montreal by not changing Raycroft for Potvin during the 3-1 lead melt down (irony, CJ was the Montreal coach)

Rask has decent numbers; the offence failed big times for many of his games this year.  The bigger problem is scoring on a consistent basis and, LEARN TO WIN AGAINST THE HABS.  2007-08: 0 win; 2008-09: 7 win (and what a KO by Lucic...); 2009-10: 1 win; this year, well on the go to give Montreal another free 12 points.

Do not forget TT is not a young man anymore and the B's has Rask as a very good "next one".

Have you not learn anything in Bruins History.... Bernie Parent, Ken Dryden, Dan Bouchard, Billy Ranford.  PLEASE KEEP RASK!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Interesting reading this and seeing who reads/looks at stats and who doesnt.  Glad Im not alone in thinking Rask isnt "the man".  Ive honestly been questioning him since they traded for him.  He stats at every level arent above average really.  Hes had a couple good little runs, but nothing incredibly impressive. 

Say all you want about luck, styles, goal support, whatever, but the fact is Rask lets the team down by blowing leads.  Timmy gives them energy by making amazing saves.  Thats a fact.  Ive played hockey my whole life, right into college, and when you have a goalie back there that you KNOW you can depend on and take chances with, it changes the game.  HE is a game changer/breaker.  When you have a goalie back there that youre worried about, you play tentative and you dont play "your" game.  Rask doesnt give the team confidence so they dont play as offensively minded as they do with Timmy.  I think its that simple. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : Your ridiculous.. Ward posted a 2.2 GAA and a .920 svs%  good numbers, but he was not relied upon as heavily as thomas has been this year, posted 1 shut out in the finals (which carolina scored 4 goals in) had plenty of support in the finals minus his 2-1 win.. but i love that since your wrong time after time, you just keep trying to put words in my mouth..

Well I guess your just smarter than myself and all the media that voted Ward as Playoff MVP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]When will the crying for rask stop?? The vanek goal great shot sure, but it was top shelf and rask was on his knees.. Sandog you make the comment that he had another guy to worry about, thats incorrect, you take the shooter, you leave the pass.. Rask playing the pass would be on him. Thomas has not had great support either, the team is inconsistant.. Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Oh ok so then no goalie has ever made a save after the opposing player getting set up recieves the cross saucer pass past the defenseman ? Uh ok..no goalies anticipate that pass yah . That recovery save across the crease never happens ever you're right.

Thomas had not had great support ? Ok lets see here Bruins scored 6 goals today, 7 goals against Carolina, 7 goals against Philly, 6 goals against Ottawa and 8 goals in support of Thomas no your right roler keep on going.

What are you watching can't be hockey cause the Bruins have never scored more than 4 goals this season for Rask big difference how they play in front of Thomas than they do if front of Tuukka open your eyes...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:=[QUOTE]Interesting reading this and seeing who reads/looks at stats and who doesnt.  Glad Im not alone in thinking Rask isnt "the man".  Ive honestly been questioning him since they traded for him.  He stats at every level arent above average really.  Hes had a couple good little runs, but nothing incredibly impressive.  Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Hmm "a couple of good little runs" ok .931 save % 5 shutouts 1.97 GAA in 42 games in his first full season plus out dueled Ryan Miller (who just led his team Buffalo to 103 points) in the playoffs. Yep you're right Rask sure is streaky that's not impressive PC shouldn't resign him Ha Ha nice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thomas didn't blow one lead today v. Colorado. Rask blew two leads v. Buffalo...There's a reason why the B's score more goals for Thomas...They feed off Thomas, but they probably feel that every time they do score for Rask he coughs it right back...And that is as the other poster wrote that simple...He is big lead blower, and it's cost him and the B's points in the standings..Get a third goalie and healthy scratch Rask until he shows confidence to play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas didn't blow one lead today v. Colorado. Rask blew two leads v. Buffalo...There's a reason why the B's score more goals for Thomas...They feed off Thomas, but they probably feel that every time they do score for Rask he coughs it right back...And that is as the other poster wrote that simple...He is big lead blower, and it's cost him and the B's points in the standings..Get a third goalie and healthy scratch Rask until he shows confidence to play.

It is funny you would bring up a Buffalo game. Rask left the last one with a 4-3 lead and we lost.  It was Thomas that did not hold the lead.  It is almost ironic that poster are complaining about Rask give up leads when the team is 16-1-1 when leading after the first period and that one loss was Thomas.

If Rask is now having trouble holding leads it is because he has had so few due to the poor play of the team in front of him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

orr, i love your passion for Rask (or are you just being an idiot), but he's given up at least 10 to 12 leads in the games he's played in, albeit, it may be 3-2 to 3-3 or 2-1 to 2-2 or 1-0 to 1-1, but they are blown leads, and that's far more important. Also, if you give up 3 goals in a period in which your team scored 4 goals, you are asking to be pulled.