the Rask factor......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: the Rask factor......

Actually Raycroft played a 1-0 game in a game 7 v. Montreal. I wouldn't say he cost them that series. The lockout occurred. Raycroft was a rookie of the year and very promising. Great trade or not to get Rask, it's not like Andrew was all that bad a goalie. Rask was very much like he was in that Philly series for the last 4 games...Bad bounces, trickle sneakins...Guy is not lucky, and that's not a good thing for this team right now. Get a 3rd goalie and hopefully Tuuka can work things out, but not at the expense of being played just to lose 2 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

When will the crying for rask stop??

The vanek goal great shot sure, but it was top shelf and rask was on his knees.. Sandog you make the comment that he had another guy to worry about, thats incorrect, you take the shooter, you leave the pass.. Rask playing the pass would be on him.

Thomas has not had great support either, the team is inconsistant..
    Rask had leads and failed to maintain them, that was a good game by buffaol, but it wasnt a better game the carolina came with the other night which thomas won..

Rask has not made timely saves..

goal support? 3 of thomas's losses, the team has been shut out in, those are games thomas had no chance to win, nearly every other game he has played in (1 regulation loss where the bruins have actually scored) 22-4-6, earned points in 28 of 29 games that the bruins have scored 1 or more goals in..

Stop making excuses for Rask, hes been good, he hasn't been great, there is no evidence to support thomas shouldnt play more though, the whole " he plays his best when he plays less then 60 games"  is garbage, thomas has played 60 or more only once, that was his worst season, but for those who are being realistic, the bruins missed the play offs and finished 13th in the conference that year, I will put most of his "failures" on the team, not him..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

I've posted this before, but here goes again:  Rask goes down into his butterfly whenever the puck gets inside the face-off circles in the Bruins zone.  It's why he is consistently giving up top shelf and rebound goals.  He can get beat high from this position and if there is a rebound he can't scramble to get back in position. He has to start because Thomas is old and plays better w/like a three game on, 1 or 2 off schedule.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

nickvox, he doesn't have to start. Rask doesn't have to be on the team's current active roster. He can be healthy scratched by bringing in a 3rd goalie. That's how you solve the rest Thomas issue. Not by force-feeding a no-confident-in-himself goalie like Tuuka. Again, it's seems fans are more interested in seeing Tuuka get his playing time than winning and losing. Sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

To you people saying it is just bad luck for Rask because he doesn't get get goal support...It is no coincidence Thomas is getting more goal support than Rask.  The goalie is the catalyst for the teams momentum in general.  When your goalie cant make timely saves and is constantly blowing leads it kills the momentum of the entire team.  You often see teams score a goal after a big timely save (just like Buffalo did last night), Thomas makes them saves, Rask doesn't.  That is why Thomas is getting better goal support.

It was the same exact thing last season with Thomas, Thomas wasn't getting even close to the goal support that Rask was getting.  Again, no coincidence.  Thomas sucked last year and was constantly killing the teams momentum by letting in soft 5-hole goals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Abra,
    I can agree and disagree.. there were games last year that I watched and felt like "thomas should have won that, the team let him down"

Rask hasn't gotten wins, and the team hasnt scored, but there havent been a lot of games where i felt like, he should have won..

similarly in thomas 4 losses (3 of them shut outs) i didnt feel like he should have won..

rask has only taken points in 5 out of 15 starts..

its all about the timing of saves, the team is playing tied or in the lead with thomas most nights, the same can not be said of rask..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

You guys are still talking about Rask as if he has had 200 NHL starts. The kid needs time in live NHL games to get better and more consistent. Yes he needs to make the big saves and has not done that enough this year, but did so last year. The kid may become a great one, but if you look at all the NHL top goalies(barring Broduer) most have not been inconsistent for one reason or another year to year. TT was off last year due to a hip. With the lack of injury reports who's to say Tuuka doesn't have a nagging groin or something? In other words it's easy from the stands to say "be in every game and play well or your gone", but the reality is very very few in the NHL can play well every night 82+ games a year, year after year. So relax, don't be so critical of so many players and be glad you choose to not be an Oiler or Leafs fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

bottom line ..the guy is just not good enough right now....i didnt know he had to clear waivers to be sent down....now i really dont know what to do with this guy..plays very scary and bad positioning is costing him big time...if we lose timmy right now we would be done like dinner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:
    [QUOTE]When will the crying for rask stop?? The vanek goal great shot sure, but it was top shelf and rask was on his knees.. Sandog you make the comment that he had another guy to worry about, thats incorrect, you take the shooter, you leave the pass.. Rask playing the pass would be on him. Thomas has not had great support either, the team is inconsistant.. Rask had leads and failed to maintain them, that was a good game by buffaol, but it wasnt a better game the carolina came with the other night which thomas won.. Rask has not made timely saves.. goal support? 3 of thomas's losses, the team has been shut out in, those are games thomas had no chance to win, nearly every other game he has played in (1 regulation loss where the bruins have actually scored) 22-4-6, earned points in 28 of 29 games that the bruins have scored 1 or more goals in.. Stop making excuses for Rask, hes been good, he hasn't been great, there is no evidence to support thomas shouldnt play more though, the whole " he plays his best when he plays less then 60 games"  is garbage, thomas has played 60 or more only once, that was his worst season, but for those who are being realistic, the bruins missed the play offs and finished 13th in the conference that year, I will put most of his "failures" on the team, not him..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Your post is funny last game Rask takes the shooter in Staal who then passes to Kunitz and everyone was complaining how that was a week goal.  People are just looking to pick him apart.  Thomas let in a very similar goal against Philli and no one was complaining because we won 7-5.  The team is not playing well with Rask in net as the lack of goal support shows.  This was our 3 game in 4 days and we ran out of gas in the third, rather than looking at things objectively some people are looking for someone to blame and Rask is an easy target at the moment.

If we want a backup goalie maybe we should have one instead of a guy who has not learned how to be a backup yet.  Lets trade him for a bag of pucks (goalies have little value in todays NHL) and watch him blossum into an allstar some where else.  All, so we can get a few more regular season points for the next year or two until Thomas slows down.  And the best part of this senario is that once Thomas slows down we have no one in our system to replace him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well remember the Bruins acquired Rask for Raycroft-lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Orr,
    I have never said to trade him, I am just tired of all the excuses.
    Anyone who said to take the pass in that situation is wrong.  Anyone who has ever played any goal, or defense should be able to tell you in a 2 on 1 goalie takes the shot..

Rask hasn't made the saves when the team has needed them too, thomas has only given up more then 2 goals in regulation 8 times,

the 7-5 shoot out
    a 31 save w in tampa
    3-0 loss to anahiem
    4-3 loss in montreal
    3-4 otl to LA
    3-0 loss to carolina
    7-4 win in Pitt (42 saves)
    5-3 loss vs the caps that he was pulled in

so the team is 3-4-1 when he gives up more then 2

The fact is thomas is giving them a chance to win.. Rask is playing well, but he is not making saves at the times when they need to be made..

Thomas has 30 starts has only given up more then 3 goals 4 times all season.

Rask has given up more then 2 goals in 10 of his 15 starts..

Lets stop talking about is as "thomas is getting more offense" cause thats not true, thomas is giving up close to a goal less per game..

Rask hasn't played bad, he's played well overall, he hasnt played great though either, and the team has played from behind with him in net more often then not.  Thomas has been able to hang on long enough to let the team get ahead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And to add, rask has given up more then 3 goals 4 times this season, (the same number as thomas in half the starts)..

So lets stop talking about the "time rask needs"

Love it or hate it, hes starts 1 out of ever 3 games..
    Thomas is on pace to start 56 games, and Rask 26.. So lets not hear about the "work load" or how rask isn't being given a chance, or anything else..

He is being outplayed, I am not even a thomas fan, but rask fans are ridiculous.. the bruins are playing OK, rask is playing ok, and thomas is playing great, and he is winning.. Rask should continue to play 1 of every 3 or 4 games unless he can really turn it on, if not how about we win games and stop complaining about thomas's record setting year..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Wins and Losses. Thomas starts, the team seems to thrive. Rask starts, the team seems to play listlessly. Maybe it does sound like a blame Rask thread, but if you really look at the Wins and Losses of a team that is in 1st place in the Northeast, it's scary the differential between Thomas (Vezina) and Rask (woefully under .500). There's no team confidence in Rask other than to start him to rest Thomas. Get a 3rd netminder, this is not rocket science. You still can find a way to keep Tuuka on the roster and not play him. IR him if you have to. Sox use to do that all the time to guys. Put them on the DL to let them work out their "issues," then re-activate them after 30 day rehab or minor league stint.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

danny,
    I dont even feel that way, the team isnt going to play better in front of someone else either, i dont think they have played different is my point, thomas has been better, not a lot better, but enough that that .8 goals per game has made all the difference.. When you score 3 goals a game, you dont win giving up 3 a game..

The team isnt consistant, and this has been a mid teir team with top tier goal tending.. Take thomas out of the picture this is a .500 club at this point in time. (if that)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Orr, I have never said to trade him, I am just tired of all the excuses. Anyone who said to take the pass in that situation is wrong.  Anyone who has ever played any goal, or defense should be able to tell you in a 2 on 1 goalie takes the shot.. Rask hasn't made the saves when the team has needed them too, thomas has only given up more then 2 goals in regulation 8 times, the 7-5 shoot out a 31 save w in tampa 3-0 loss to anahiem 4-3 loss in montreal 3-4 otl to LA 3-0 loss to carolina 7-4 win in Pitt (42 saves) 5-3 loss vs the caps that he was pulled in so the team is 3-4-1 when he gives up more then 2 The fact is thomas is giving them a chance to win.. Rask is playing well, but he is not making saves at the times when they need to be made.. Thomas has 30 starts has only given up more then 3 goals 4 times all season. Rask has given up more then 2 goals in 10 of his 15 starts.. Lets stop talking about is as "thomas is getting more offense" cause thats not true, thomas is giving up close to a goal less per game.. Rask hasn't played bad, he's played well overall, he hasnt played great though either, and the team has played from behind with him in net more often then not.  Thomas has been able to hang on long enough to let the team get ahead.

Why do people think a guy who has been the starter on every team he has been on since 14 years old should be a good backup?  This is not a Canadian kid who had a chance to learn how to be a backup, he is a Finish player who has always been a number one on his team.  I do not believe a few regular season points are worth throwing him away or under the bus as your doing.  He is in a role he is not use to and need to learn how to deal with it.  What is Rask record in the second game when he has gotten the opportunity to play 2 games in a row 1-0-0. 

Do I think he played well last night, no.  Last night I thought it was the worst positionaly played game I have ever seen him play.  I thought he was trying to play like Thomas out of position so you can make a save looks more difficult than it needs to be.  The real shame of it all is that this team seem to need some of those big saves to motivate itself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : Why do people think a guy who has been the starter on every team he has been on since 14 years old should be a good backup?  This is not a Canadian kid who had a chance to learn how to be a backup, he is a Finish player who has always been a number one on his team.  I do not believe a few regular season points are worth throwing him away or under the bus as your doing.  He is in a role he is not use to and need to learn how to deal with it.  What is Rask record in the second game when he has gotten the oppertunity to play 2 games in a row 1-0-0.  Do I think he played well last night, no.  Last night I thought it was the worst positionaly played game I have ever seen him play.  I thought he was trying to play like Thomas out of position so you can make a save looks more difficult than it needs to be.  The realy shame of it all is that this team seem to need some of those big saves to motivate itself.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Never said he was a back up, or that he shouldn't have time to adjust, how about you read what I write if you want to reply? 
    Rask played every other game at the start of the season, didnt pick up any wins.. so whats the issue there?

Rask had full opportunity to assert himself as the starter, and he didn't thomas has, rask needs to adjust.

I havent said a thing about trading him, or benching him, and your calling it "a couple points"  right now thomas has picked up 79% of all his possible points, rask has picked up 30%.. so if they had played more balanced at this point you can assume the bruins not a play off team at this point..

Everything you have said is based on speculation, of how you think he would perform, he was playing as a back up last year, seemed to have no problem playing well then, and managed to take over the starting role.

Sorry I am not enough of a fanboy for you, I think rask is fine, I said that. I think his numbers are decent, I didnt throw him under the bus, I think he has played at the same overall level as the bruins.  Hes not getting it done, you can continue to argue that, but you have nothing to actually back you up..

The bruins aren't playing better in front of thomas, I showed that, thomas is simply playing better..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : Never said he was a back up, or that he shouldn't have time to adjust, how about you read what I write if you want to reply?  Rask played every other game at the start of the season, didnt pick up any wins.. so whats the issue there? Rask had full opportunity to assert himself as the starter, and he didn't thomas has, rask needs to adjust. I havent said a thing about trading him, or benching him, and your calling it "a couple points"  right now thomas has picked up 79% of all his possible points, rask has picked up 30%.. so if they had played more balanced at this point you can assume the bruins not a play off team at this point.. Everything you have said is based on speculation, of how you think he would perform, he was playing as a back up last year, seemed to have no problem playing well then, and managed to take over the starting role. Sorry I am not enough of a fanboy for you, I think rask is fine, I said that. I think his numbers are decent, I didnt throw him under the bus, I think he has played at the same overall level as the bruins.  Hes not getting it done, you can continue to argue that, but you have nothing to actually back you up.. The bruins aren't playing better in front of thomas, I showed that, thomas is simply playing better..

The only part of the year when he was playing regularly was a period between Nov, 5 and Nov, 22.  During that 5 game stretch his SV% was .952 and GA was 1.84 yet the Bruins only managed to win one of those games.  It was obviously Rask's fault what team could win with a goalie with a .952 SV% and a 1.84 goals against. 

As I said in my previous post it is too bad this team needs a goalie to get out of position so he can make a big save and motivate them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : The only part of the year when he was playing regularly was a period between Nov, 5 and Nov, 22.  During that 5 game stretch his SV% was .952 and GA was 1.84 yet the Bruins only managed to win one of those games.  It was obviously Rask's fault what team could win with a goalie with a .952 SV% and a 1.84 goals against.  As I said in my previous post it is too bad this team needs a goalie to get out of position so he can make a big save and motivate them.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

See,
    your just a Rask fan, I never said he was to blame.. I have never said anything that your arguing..you solution is pretty much to play rask more, even though he hasnt earned cause you think it will help him.. I am more then happy to watch thomas dominate, and wina  vezina, and wouldnt take that away from him cause your attracted to the 22yo fin...

By the way, lets count the game on the 28th you wanted to skip, lets not count the game on teh 5th since he only  played 1 period.

still has a great .938 svs % the GAA though, you made up.
    he gave up

(1) on the 5th gaa 3.07 1 period of play
    1 againts stl (.92)
    3 against mtl
    3 (your sample GAA is 2)
    and then
    4 on the 28th
    gaa 2.2

still respectable..

doesnt change anything I have said though, thomas has been better, rask has given up goals at bad times.  You can insult thomas's style all you want, he's killing your boy and the rest of the league in every catagory..

Hell your sample of rask at his best, is a higer GAA then thomas currently sports and a slightly higher svs% mostly because of a shutout against florida, his only one of the season..

Thomas has 2 times as many starts, and 7 times as many shut outs..

give it a rest, he has been better, rask day will come, but he is being out played.  you hid behind goal support i prove thats not the issue you just argue something else, then you argue a 5 game stretch..how come the games on the 9th and the 23rd of oct dont count? 

I stand by my earlier statment that rask has been ok, the team has been ok, but thomas has been great.. you keep claiming he has to make a big save to motivate the team(or in your words be out of position and make abig save) how about rask just makes a big save?

I am not even a thomas fan, but your an idiot..Nothing you can say will change the fact that thomas has out played rask, and has carried the team, the team isnt playing better in front of thomas, he is giving up 4 less goals for every 5 games played.

But way to sound objective and knowledgable.
    and then

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Rask among back up goaltenders, is #1 in save percentage @ .923  ,  I wouldn't say that he is playing poorly in that respect... Just not getting results so far... But make no mistake this kid will be the future of this franchise and won't be going anywhere soon as some have or are suggesting...Hopefully he and the Bruins will be patient and ride this out.. He will be better for it...

For those of you that think the Bruins are not going to need him going into the playoffs you only need to see how tired he got playing all those games in the playoffs..Mentally he wasn't as sharp as the series went on... You need both goalies... TT will get tired at some point playing at the pace he is on.. They will need Rask ... Bruins are the envy of the league.. They have the lowest GA in the league and Rask is part of those stats..

Rask  has never gotten on a roll simply because TT is playing superb..It is what it is.. Look at Rask's 16 games and see how scattered they are...His  game is rusty and should be.. also Bruins don't seem to score for him when he does play.. I remember the same last year early on with TT when he had to pitch shutouts to get a win, remember .. It happens.. I think that those trying to make something out of this , need to relax...Things change awfully fast in this league.. I cheer for both when they are playing , because all I want is a Bruins victory...This choosing one over the other is just plain silly..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... : See, your just a Rask fan, I never said he was to blame.. I have never said anything that your arguing..you solution is pretty much to play rask more, even though he hasnt earned cause you think it will help him.. I am more then happy to watch thomas dominate, and wina  vezina, and wouldnt take that away from him cause your attracted to the 22yo fin... By the way, lets count the game on the 28th you wanted to skip, lets not count the game on teh 5th since he only  played 1 period. still has a great .938 svs % the GAA though, you made up. he gave up (1) on the 5th gaa 3.07 1 period of play 1 againts stl (.92) 3 against mtl 0 3 (your sample GAA is 2) and then 4 on the 28th gaa 2.2 still respectable.. doesnt change anything I have said though, thomas has been better, rask has given up goals at bad times.  You can insult thomas's style all you want, he's killing your boy and the rest of the league in every catagory.. Hell your sample of rask at his best, is a higer GAA then thomas currently sports and a slightly higher svs% mostly because of a shutout against florida, his only one of the season.. Thomas has 2 times as many starts, and 7 times as many shut outs.. give it a rest, he has been better, rask day will come, but he is being out played.  you hid behind goal support i prove thats not the issue you just argue something else, then you argue a 5 game stretch..how come the games on the 9th and the 23rd of oct dont count?  I stand by my earlier statment that rask has been ok, the team has been ok, but thomas has been great.. you keep claiming he has to make a big save to motivate the team(or in your words be out of position and make abig save) how about rask just makes a big save? I am not even a thomas fan, but your an idiot..Nothing you can say will change the fact that thomas has out played rask, and has carried the team, the team isnt playing better in front of thomas, he is giving up 4 less goals for every 5 games played. But way to sound objective and knowledgable. and then

Well lets play Thomas more he is on pace to play 56 games at the moment and no goalie who has played more that 62 games in the regular season has won the cup since the lockout.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/24/cup-winning-goalies-are-rested-goalies/

Your plan is Brilliant lets throw away the chance to win in the playoff so we can get some extra regular season points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Deal with Tuukka every 4th game until Thomas cools off, and if he doesn't, we have the hottest goalie in the NHL, and a very serviceable backup heading into the playoffs!  Is this such a bad thing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

rask can't be a good backup cause he's never been a backup????? are you guys serious? do you know this is the nhl? that's like saying shawn thornton can't play on the 4th line cause he was a 1st line guy growing up. every goalie in this league was a starter growing up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i didn't realize also the sense of entitlement excuse....that's like saying if you won the Heisman Trophy as a QB, started on your high school championship team, and started on your college football BCS title team, you automatically make for a bad backup in the NFL....i mean he's only started his whole life...oh woe the goalie who has to backup...Did you ever think that it's his bad performances in goal that has lost him his job, lost him 50-50 playing time with Thomas, and basically forced the B's to consider bringing in a 3rd goalie? Didn't think so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I do feel he is unlucky, but unlucky is not a good trait for a goalie....it's probably worse than just giving up a naturally bad goal. Bad goals occur, but not as often as lucky goals. Bounces, deflections, trickle ins, whiffed shots that knuckle in like a changeup. But here's the thing...Thomas is stopping those types of goals from occuring, Rask just is not doing that and can't hold a lead to save him self.