the Rask factor......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: the Rask factor......

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:
    [QUOTE]orr, i love your passion for Rask (or are you just being an idiot), but he's given up at least 10 to 12 leads in the games he's played in, albeit, it may be 3-2 to 3-3 or 2-1 to 2-2 or 1-0 to 1-1, but they are blown leads, and that's far more important. Also, if you give up 3 goals in a period in which your team scored 4 goals, you are asking to be pulled.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's fair to say that Rask gave up the leads.  There is a lot that is involved in a hockey goal for or against.  In baseball, pitchers act alone and can blow leads.  Goaltenders don't act alone. 

The team gave up the leads with Rask in net.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I do understand people being upset with Rasks dropoff this year when he showed so much promise last year, but what are you guys smoking? Trade him? Yeah, that's it, we trade him. That's a solution right there if I ever heard one. He's one of the best backups in the league. Yes, we can say what we want about how the team plays in front of him, but who is that on? It's certainly not on him. Shoot, he's only 8th in Save percentage this year. What does that tell you? And it doesn't help that he's hardly had a chance to get into a rhythym out there by not giving him consecutive starts. I'm not saying that he's their go-to guy right now at all. Thomas is the clear cut starter and we gotta take his good games while we can get them. But for the love of God, those of you who are asking for Tuukka to be traded are out of your minds. He's not getting offensive support, and that's obvious.
    I'm in Iraq, so I haven't been able to watch the games to see the goals that he allows, but stats aren't lying here; the Bruins just aren't playing well in front of him. I would say he's a goalie that makes saves that are supposed to be made, and doesn't allow many soft goals, where Thomas lays it all out there, and will steal a goal or two each game.
    Please, be rational; this team is still young, and while they need to focus on winning now, we can't be throwing away our future goalie when our current goalie is 37.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I do understand people being upset with Rasks dropoff this year when he showed so much promise last year, but what are you guys smoking? Trade him? Yeah, that's it, we trade him. That's a solution right there if I ever heard one. He's one of the best backups in the league. Yes, we can say what we want about how the team plays in front of him, but who is that on? It's certainly not on him. Shoot, he's only 8th in Save percentage this year. What does that tell you? And it doesn't help that he's hardly had a chance to get into a rhythym out there by not giving him consecutive starts. I'm not saying that he's their go-to guy right now at all. Thomas is the clear cut starter and we gotta take his good games while we can get them. But for the love of God, those of you who are asking for Tuukka to be traded are out of your minds. He's not getting offensive support, and that's obvious. I'm in Iraq, so I haven't been able to watch the games to see the goals that he allows, but stats aren't lying here; the Bruins just aren't playing well in front of him. I would say he's a goalie that makes saves that are supposed to be made, and doesn't allow many soft goals, where Thomas lays it all out there, and will steal a goal or two each game. Please, be rational; this team is still young, and while they need to focus on winning now, we can't be throwing away our future goalie when our current goalie is 37.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

if you're looking for rational people, you're on the wrong site. the people who want to trade rask are the same people who wanted to trade thomas 6 months ago. thankfully pc is a little more rational so i don't think rask is going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

However irritating it might be, I'm glad that Bruins fans still have the pessimistic-Boston-fan essence that Boston fans were once popular for. I've never been one to get too down on a Boston team, so I'm more level headed. But Bruins fans are the best in Boston, hands down. Most fans have a clue what they're talking about, and there are no bandwagon guys. And no rich season ticket holders who just give their spoiled kids' tickets, because it's a luxury and they don't feel like going to the game like Sox and Patriots season ticket holders. Few pink-hats in the Bruins crowd. No bandwagon fans. I think everyone who cares about the Bruins a little bit, cares a lot. That's where I get the unconditional appreciation for Bruins fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

for me, to be clear, I am not one of those that want him traded. I just want him to have an opportunity (somehow) to work his way out of his slump without jeopardizing the B's playoff positioning. He is a detriment right now and he is not helping the team success. That's why I advocated for a 3rd goalie and healthy scratches. As for the apologizing for his lost leads and that he doesn't get leads (fallacy, he has been in front a lot lately...and still loses in reg. time), and pretending that the team simply doesn't perform for him (it's clear they are a different team with Tim on the ice). Wins and Losses. Carry on, the Rask brigade. Tuuka's play of last year is just that last year. I do fear it could be Jim Carey redux...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]for me, to be clear, I am not one of those that want him traded. I just want him to have an opportunity (somehow) to work his way out of his slump without jeopardizing the B's playoff positioning. He is a detriment right now and he is not helping the team success. That's why I advocated for a 3rd goalie and healthy scratches. As for the apologizing for his lost leads and that he doesn't get leads (fallacy, he has been in front a lot lately...and still loses in reg. time), and pretending that the team simply doesn't perform for him (it's clear they are a different team with Tim on the ice). Wins and Losses. Carry on, the Rask brigade. Tuuka's play of last year is just that last year. I do fear it could be Jim Carey redux...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Dude we can add a player with $912,907 or less of salary.  Tuukka Rask currently ranks 7th in the NHL in SV% considered by most people the best stat indicator of a goalies play.  He has played better than 24 starters in this league.  Where on earth are you going to find a Backup goalie who is available makes 900,000 or less and is going to be better than 7th in SV% in the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... :  Tuukka Rask currently ranks 7th in the NHL in SV% considered by most people the best stat indicator of a goalies play.  He has played better than 24 starters in this league.  Where on earth are you going to find a Backup goalie who is available makes 900,000 or less and is going to be better than 7th in SV% in the NHL. Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

? Nowhere and that's where Rask is going! Tuukka will be given a nice extension next fall because Chiarelli knows he has a star in the making.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah,  42 whopping games.  WOW!  Thats amazing!  Is he the first goalie to ever do that!?!?! What a long, sustained run 42 games is. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... := Hmm "a couple of good little runs" ok .931 save % 5 shutouts 1.97 GAA in 42 games in his first full season plus out dueled Ryan Miller (who just led his team Buffalo to 103 points) in the playoffs. Yep you're right Rask sure is streaky that's not impressive PC shouldn't resign him Ha Ha nice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

hmm bigvag, and only did well enough in the minors to be considered an elite prospect. Waited behind Thomas and Fernandez in a year where Thomas won the Vezina and Fernandez was a solid backup option.
    And yeah, sorry, but when you play Rask's style of fundamental goaltending, his runs are not a fluke.
    It has been obvious that the past 4 years, the goalie who plays more puts up better stats.
    Frankly, Thomas was underrated in '07-'08 due to the team in front of him being poor. Pretty sure he was far and away the leader in sv%, and was peppered game in and game out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

det, redwings are looking  for a goaltender ,lets make a deal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: the Rask factor......:[QUOTE]Yeah,  42 whopping games.  WOW!  Thats amazing!  Is he the first goalie to ever do that!?!?! What a long, sustained run 42 games is.  In Response to Re: the Rask factor...... :
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Rask outdueled and outplayed Miller in the playoffs last year. You know 2010 Vezina winner Ryan Miller who almost single handedly beat the Canadians for the gold medal that Ryan Miller...

Take Rask out of the Sabres playoff series the Bruins wouldn't have made it past Buffalo nor even gotten to the point of eliminating the Flyers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

So you agree with me then.  He had a good, little run.  Thats all I said, nothing more or less. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I consider .923 save % 2.67 GAA with 1 shutout to be very good but you obviously think that there is a better veteran out there that has better numbers so you and I definitely do not agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]So you agree with me then.  He had a good, little run.  Thats all I said, nothing more or less. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Wow, are you that clueless?  "A good little run?"  Most the GMs in the NHL realize Rask is still an elite goaltending prospect with his career ahead of him and would salivate at the idea at scooping up a franchise goalie if the B's were stupid enough to expose him.

It's true Rask is not a good choice for a backup.  He's been a stud everywhere he's played, and there's lots of career #2 guys far more suited to sit on the B's bench while they insist on riding TT. Still, you don't become so short-sighted that you dump a franchise goalie like this because Alex Auld or Manny Legace are better at playing every once in awhile.

Rask lost his starting job this year through absolutely no fault of his own. He lost the opening game and has not been given a fair shake since.  Right now its impossible to think he could play with any comfort or confidence.  I have no doubt if he were playing all those games early in the season when the B's were on fire he would would still be on top of the league, like last year.  But he didnt, Tank did, and he gets the nod while he's winning, as he should.  However, the B's would be idiots to let Rask get away.

I wouldn't blame Rask for asking for a trade though.  He's been handled terribly this year.  I'd kinda like watching the B's trade him away like Dryden and Parent and watch him become a franchise goalie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Well I guess I am clueless then, because I do consider 42 games and a 1st round playoff win (4-2) a good little run.  Is it more?  Am I totally missing something?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Well I guess I am clueless then, because I do consider 42 games and a 1st round playoff win (4-2) a good little run.  Is it more?  Am I totally missing something?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

you got the clueless part right.