The Reaction in Montreal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

Re: The Reaction in Montreal.

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal.:
    I am a Bs fan from montreal and it is so funny to ear habs fans in panic mode.  Now they want to get big players.  It is clear that their mentality is not to be physicall...even if they bring a though guy or 2 it won,t change anything.  I read on a post that the average size for the habs is 201 pounds and for the Bruins it is 202 pounds.  Therefore it is not only about the size. No way this game was as close as the score was.  I thought Thomas looked terrible once again vs the Habs.  That would be my biggest concern.  I have no problem starting TT against anyone else in the playoffs but if we play the Habs i think Rask should be in the net!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Shake your noggin benedict arnold.....it was also mentionned that stat was overblown due to the fact the two tallest and biggest Habs are Price and Gill! The rest are squirts and rookies.......and some old wood. lol 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : I disagree dude....the best hockey is olympic hockey hands down. Speed skill and hard checks. Fights are for our forefathers who played.....don't you think the game should have progressed from the dark ages? Basketbal did...Football did and so did Baseball. Why not hockey?
    Posted by montrealrules

I agree the Olympic hockey is great but it's an unfair comparison.You're  having the world's best players(essentially All-star teams)playing against each other.Of course the calibre of play should be higher as a result.If you don't think there'd be any fighting if they played each other that way for a season ,then you're being naive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

hey dummy... you don't have to be totally english speaking to live in USA... some came from other countries and try to make their place even here in Boston ... judgment call it this way....
    Posted by Greatseason

Ah, so that means you ARE either French-Canadian or a soccer fan.

Either way, don't you need to find some shoes to go with your dress?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : I disagree dude....the best hockey is olympic hockey hands down. Speed skill and hard checks. Fights are for our forefathers who played.....don't you think the game should have progressed from the dark ages? Basketbal did...Football did and so did Baseball. Why not hockey?
    Posted by montrealrules

Hmmm, a fan of a team who can't fight and who just got beat up has the opinion that the game needs to "progress'... AKA, away from fighting.  Self-serving much?

About as logical as another group of people who like to throw around the word "progressive" to suit their agenda.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

GUYS!!! DON'T FIGHT!!! JUST ANTAGONIZE AND RUN!!! Then drop your gloves for a fight but complain when you lose!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : Ah, so that means you ARE either French-Canadian or a soccer fan. Either way, don't you need to find some shoes to go with your dress?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

you are a jerk. and i hope you fav B's player is gay !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : you are a jerk. and i hope you fav B's player is gay !
    Posted by jerrynewyork
    would u do something for me ? take a deep breath and calm down...at least i try to learn my english... i'm portugese and proud to be does'nt make me an ignorant at least i try...keep your poor judgment for U. LOL how stupid bruin's fans looked when they chant USA USA , how many USA players do we have in our team ? not too many , we have more Canadians players :P we looked stupids...very stupids

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : 1 post.  So?  You gotta start somewhere.  It's not like a checking account where you can start your checks at 2000... I don't understand the obsession with the "number of posts" around here.  Quality - not quantity - should be the measure.  There's nothing "trolling" about this post... It was a well presented catalyst to some good Bruins-Habs venting. It's easy to see how some on this board pump up their "post count" with nonsense one-liners that offer nothing aside from criticising someone elses post  (a hulking grizzly bear avatar comes to mind) - so I don't see how the post count has any bearing on expertise, sincerity, or seniority....
    Posted by BuzzardBoots
    Your absolutely right.....anybody who looks at post count and takes it seriously, would qualify (IMO) as an idiot!
    Many of us on here know who leads that pack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : would u do something for me ? take a deep breath and calm down...at least i try to learn my english... i'm portugese and proud to be does'nt make me an ignorant at least i try...keep your poor judgment for U. LOL how stupid bruin's fans looked when they chant USA USA , how many USA players do we have in our team ? not too many , we have more Canadians players :P we looked stupids...very stupids
    Posted by Greatseason

i wasn't responding to you. and for the record, i could care less what the Montreal Canadiens do. this obsession with Montreal is ridiculous.  until the B's win the Stanley Cup,this is still a lopsided so called rivalry. the Bruins have to do what the Sox did to the Yankees in 2004. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : 1 post.  So?  You gotta start somewhere.  It's not like a checking account where you can start your checks at 2000... I don't understand the obsession with the "number of posts" around here.  Quality - not quantity - should be the measure.  There's nothing "trolling" about this post... It was a well presented catalyst to some good Bruins-Habs venting. It's easy to see how some on this board pump up their "post count" with nonsense one-liners that offer nothing aside from criticising someone elses post  (a hulking grizzly bear avatar comes to mind) - so I don't see how the post count has any bearing on expertise, sincerity, or seniority....
    Posted by BuzzardBoots

good post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : would u do something for me ? take a deep breath and calm down...at least i try to learn my english... i'm portugese and proud to be does'nt make me an ignorant at least i try...keep your poor judgment for U. LOL how stupid bruin's fans looked when they chant USA USA , how many USA players do we have in our team ? not too many , we have more Canadians players :P we looked stupids...very stupids
    Posted by Greatseason

Really !  you're not born in Canada ? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by montrealrules

That's an ignorant question although from reading your comments you're not stupid .  If your team had guys like Nilan and Kordin you would not be saying te same thing (and don't say its because the Habs evolved).
    Hockey is none of those sports you just mentioned.  There has always been fighting and in those other sports it happens from time to time and will continue to even though it's not tolerated. 
    If hockey did not have any fighting there would be too much dirty play.
    BTW just because lucooo lives in Montreal does not mean he has to be a Habs fan.

One last thing,  your Habs are more penalized than our so called goon Bruins. Why is that is that  ?    
    I'll asnwer that,  it's because they are dirty !!!! Is that what you want the NHL to be ? 
    Most of the Hab penalties (and I watch a lot of their games) it's due to stick work .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by Greatseason

bruins' fans don't look more stupid chanting usa usa than habs' fans booing the star spangled banner. isn't the habs captain an american?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I shake my head at all of it. The amount of Canadian players are dominant on almost every team. For bruin fans to chant USA is an embarrassment to what is going on.

I will die a bruins fan, but this is not about the USA, it's about the bruins.

Just to keep the record straight, I will also die a USA fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I shake my head at all of it. The amount of Canadian players are dominant on almost every team. For bruin fans to chant USA is an embaresment to what is going on. I will die a bruins fan, but this is not about the USA, it's about the bruins.
    Posted by pauly1

I think it was aimed more at the name of their team than a USA vs.Can thing.It's not likely we'd hear the chant against the Canucks or Sens(from our nation's capital).I thought it was pretty harmless.More good-natured ribbing than anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm with you pauly. maybe it's cause i have dual citizenship (american/canadian), but i love both countries. i don't get booing national anthems in montreal or chanting usa usa in boston. if i were gionta listening to my national anthem being booed at home or lucic, bergeron having to hear usa usa at home, i wouldn't be too happy. it should be about the players and the teams. our captain is slovak and it doesn't bother me one bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

cry baby cry

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : bruins' fans don't look more stupid chanting usa usa than habs' fans booing the star spangled banner. isn't the habs captain an american?
    Posted by goodnewsbears
    is mtl in america are mtl americans too? i think so... and what i noticed is the anthem was booing only when it's against us cuz montrealers hate us as hard as we hate them , we aren't better we do say we hate Habs but we have ex habs in our team do we hate them? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

we all live in north america even mtl we are all north americans...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Greatseason

So then don't say your Portuguese.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Greatseason

They were chanting USA,USA.......not America,America!I'm not sure what point you're making but what else is new?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by montrealrules

Yeah isn't it great in Basketball and Footbal the way players dance and taunt each other after every play, the way they call attention to themselves, celebrate constantly, taunt the fans...and in soccer, I love the way they fake injuries all the time and flop on the ground at the slighest hint of body contact.  I love the way those sports have "progressed".

In hockey you have accountability.  Sometimes that means fighting and physical payback for certain types of behavior.  That's what Montreal learned about the hard way the other night.  Compared to other sports the players are respectful, down to earth, and don't taunt or call attention to themselves.  They never fake injuries (ahem, Ribeiro notwithstanding...).

That is why hockey is the greatest sport.  If you are too fair-mannered for the rough stuff, watch soccer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : So then don't say your Portuguese.
    Posted by BsLegion
    why will i denie where i come from, now i live in USA so i consider myself american

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: The Reaction in Montreal. : Yeah isn't it great in Basketball and Footbal the way players dance and taunt each other after every play, the way they call attention to themselves, celebrate constantly, taunt the fans...and in soccer, I love the way they fake injuries all the time and flop on the ground at the slighest hint of body contact.  I love the way those sports have "progressed". In hockey you have accountability.  Sometimes that means fighting and physical payback for certain types of behavior.  That's what Montreal learned about the hard way the other night.  Compared to other sports the players are respectful, down to earth, and don't taunt or call attention to themselves.  They never fake injuries (ahem, Ribeiro notwithstanding...). That is why hockey is the greatest sport.  If you are too fair-mannered for the rough stuff, watch soccer.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Now that is the reason I like hockey above football, basketball, and yes baseball.  Fletch, you don't know the carp I take for the fighting in hockey in this small town in NH.  I use to be a big fan of basketball way back. 

I was talking to my brother the other day, he said the average player in football has a career life of about 3.5 years.  Not sure he is right but the point is that football is in fact more violent than hockey.  So where are those who accept those facts and condone fighting in hockey? 

Now for the Canadien (habs)fans, omg, the real fans want something better than what I have seen in their anticsthe past twenty years, Subban is the latest version.  I rather be a Toronto fan than deal with those dive artists.  Pure drama especially in Montreal.  Lastly, for those who are limited in perspective, the city of Montreal is a great city.  Some of the fans are great to talk to and are knowlegeable fans.  

Sections
Shortcuts