The real clowns!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The real clowns!

The post earlier about calling the so called team enforcers dance clowns. Is one thing & I have mixed feelings about that issue. However, IMHO the real clowns are the ones that make this league a joke. The ones who go around and continueously make a mockery of what the sport is. Being an aggitator & yapping & "trash talk" is one thing. Believe it or not. As a goalie I certainly did my share of the trash talk. However, with the exception of one time I didn't mind mixing it either. That one time I was too busy yapping instead of swinging & got pummelled. 8 stitches over one eye & 4 over the other. The scars are still there & it's always a reminder. Don't talk the fight, just fight! The players that talk big & go around swinging their arms back & putting gloves in the face of others, jumping on someone who's already tired up. Acting like they'll fight, but then won't drop them, but skate away! These are the real clowns & when, or if you force them to fight it's the one who forced that issue that gets the instigator. When in a lot of the cases it's these clowns that are the real instigators. If they didn't yap & act all tough there'd be no problem, no issue!
    Here's my list of REAL CLOWNS/Cowards of this league! There's 10, but only the #1 & 2 spot is put in the right spot. The rest are just off the top of my head.
    10) Steve Ott- This guy is notorious to all Bruin fans. However, it's not just that one game he's pulled that.

9) Michal Handzus- Has really been better since he's come back from knee surgery, or because he left Philly.

8) Guillaume Latendresse- For a guy who's 230 lbs one of the biggests pansies in the NHL. Always talked real tough to Big Z, but we saw what he was made of when the big man finally said "ENOUGH"

7) Sergie Kostitsyn- a problem child on & off the ice. Maybe it's because he & his brother were breast fed too much.

6) Sean Avery- Nothing has to be said about this guy.

5) Steve Downey- Has improved his dirtiness since becoming a Bolt. Maybe all the suspensions finally clicked in. He always was willing to drop them though.

4) Matt Cooke- Public enemy #1 no matter where he plays. he may fight, but his acts with his hits are nothing but cowardly.

3) Dan Carcillo- Another one who will fight, but has turned away after pulling one of his stunts.

2) PK Subban- I can't wait for the day! I'm watching Habs games this year (when he's not scratched) just to see him get it! He truly is a Punk Kid!

1) Maxim Lapierre- The biggest coward of them all! The one you want to jump thru the screen at, but know if you challenged him all he would do is RUN! The Rocket & Ferguson must be turning over in their graves knowing this guy is playing for their franchise. A disgrace to North American hockey they way it was meant to be played.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: The real clowns!

In Response to The real clowns!:
    The post earlier about calling the so called team enforcers dance clowns. Is one thing & I have mixed feelings about that issue. However, IMHO the real clowns are the ones that make this league a joke. The ones who go around and continueously make a mockery of what the sport is. Being an aggitator & yapping & "trash talk" is one thing. Believe it or not. As a goalie I certainly did my share of the trash talk. However, with the exception of one time I didn't mind mixing it either. That one time I was too busy yapping instead of swinging & got pummelled. 8 stitches over one eye & 4 over the other. The scars are still there & it's always a reminder. Don't talk the fight, just fight! The players that talk big & go around swinging their arms back & putting gloves in the face of others, jumping on someone who's already tired up. Acting like they'll fight, but then won't drop them, but skate away! These are the real clowns & when, or if you force them to fight it's the one who forced that issue that gets the instigator. When in a lot of the cases it's these clowns that are the real instigators. If they didn't yap & act all tough there'd be no problem, no issue! Here's my list of REAL CLOWNS/Cowards of this league! There's 10, but only the #1 & 2 spot is put in the right spot. The rest are just off the top of my head. 10) Steve Ott- This guy is notorious to all Bruin fans. However, it's not just that one game he's pulled that. 9) Michal Handzus- Has really been better since he's come back from knee surgery, or because he left Philly. 8) Guillaume Latendresse- For a guy who's 230 lbs one of the biggests pansies in the NHL. Always talked real tough to Big Z, but we saw what he was made of when the big man finally said "ENOUGH" 7) Sergie Kostitsyn- a problem child on & off the ice. Maybe it's because he & his brother were breast fed too much. 6) Sean Avery- Nothing has to be said about this guy. 5) Steve Downey- Has improved his dirtiness since becoming a Bolt. Maybe all the suspensions finally clicked in. He always was willing to drop them though. 4) Matt Cooke- Public enemy #1 no matter where he plays. he may fight, but his acts with is hits are nothing but cowardly. 3) Dan Carcillo- Another one who will fight, but has turned away after pulling one of his stunts. 2) PK Subban- I can't wait for the day! I'm watching Habs games this year (when he's not scratched) just to see him get it! He truly is a Punk Kid! 1) Maxim Lapierre- The biggest coward of them all! The one you want to jump thru the screen at, but know if you challenged him all he would do is RUN! The Rocket & Ferguson must be turning over in their graves knowing this guy is playing for their franchise. A disgrace to North American hockey they way it was meant to be played.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Lapierre certainly picked up where Ribiero left off in Montreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice list!

How did Handzus get on there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

.....all shades of Claude Lemieux reincarnated !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Handzus I always felt could never lay a check on anyone without his stick being parallel with his forearm He'd bring his forearm up & his stick would be right there & he'd go high to the face, throat, or collarbone area. Then he'd have that Scottie Hartnell hairdo, or did Hartnell have a Handzul hairdo. Which I'd just cringe even more at. I remember him getting Mike Knumble when he was a Bruin. There's also been a few crosschecks to the back of peoples heads he did as well. There's probably someone more deserving than him that could go on this list, but for some reason he kept coming into my head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

.....all shades of Claude Lemieux reincarnated !

Yea isn't that the truth!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Here's another: Patrick Kaleta!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dammit!! You're RIGHT Everybody take Handzus of my list & put Kaleta in his place! Thx Opinion!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I would put a couple on there instead of Ladydress, and Handzus.. Jarkko Ruttu & my favourite Jordan Tootoo..a real clown..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get rid of the instigator rule and you won't have Avery, Ott and Cooke...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey Sandog! I've said on here at least 4 different times. The Instigator is the dumbest rule in sports! Say what you want about Don Cherry, but when Gil Stein put that rule in. Don said. " All this is going to do is protect the idiots & the cowards!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The real clowns!:
    Say what you want about Don Cherry, but when Gil Stein put that rule in. Don said. " All this is going to do is protect the idiots & the cowards!"Posted by nitemare-38

Yep Grapes got it right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

would put a couple on there instead of Ladydress, and Handzus.. Jarkko Ruttu & my favourite Jordan Tootoo..a real clown..
    Hey now Cowboys. Don't use nicknames. Kennedy doesn't like it. I know Tooto is borderline, but I don't mind the guys that play dirty, but they're willing to answer the bell for it! I have never seen a clip where Jordon did something & was challenged & he skated away from it!
    Let me say a bit more here. The B's in the 70's & the Flyers in the 70's! Players like Eddie Shack & Tiger Williams. These guys would literially gouge your eyes out & chew them before giving them back. However, they took as much as they gave. They wouldn't use I'm at the end of my shift as an excuse! They were ready to let someone else take their eyes out! Look we're fans of a team that was one of the dirtiest teams in history. However, not one of them EVER backed down from any dirt they thru! I'm not necessarily condoning that type of play, but I never have a problem when a Pronger, or a even a Dale Hunter pulled his stuff. I knew when/if the bell tolls they'd be ready & willing to take anything you may want to throw back at them. That's the difference. These guy in an earlier era weren't protected by a GD rule BOOK!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

One of my Christmas presents this year was Don Cherry's Hockey Stories Part 2. Now I know there's some on here that detest Don & I'm not here to argue that point. There's a story he says in the book that can probably best describe what I meant about this thread. The following is a quote in his book:
    "I often think of the way my good buddy Chris Simon was treated by everybody in hockey. His suspensions were so unfair. Think of all the short suspensions the league gives out-four games for hittin' from behind & giving concussions that put guys out for months. Think about guys that never played again after being tripped into the boards on icings. I can go on &on about suspensions that should've been.
    Now think about Chris Simon, who altogether drew 55 games in suspensions. You know how many games his victims- if that's what you want to call them-missed through injuries because of what Chris Simon did to them? Not a game! Not a period. Altogether, they missed one shift! They just kept him off for a shift to make it look serious!
    Look at the guys Chris went after. Everyone of them was a pest that desreved to be gone after.
    Fifty-five games of suspensions in return for one missed shift! As far as I'm concerned, it's so unfair to a great guy & a great team player."
    This is the proof that I was saying earlier. These clowns make a mockery of the NHL & take too much advantage of the rules protecting them!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Good list. Amen to doing away with the ridiculous instigator rule, and while they're at it,firing that basketball fool Gary Bettman would do wonders for our great game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with almost the entire list. 
    I would however like Ott and Downie on the Bruins.  Ott gets 20 snipes a year and drives teams nuts and will fight guys in his league.  Downie is anothe super pest who seems to have taken control of his emotions.  But he will also drop them.  And fits pretty nice on Stampkos line. 
    Both are annoying but are also guys I think would look good in a B's uniform. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Downie? I would probably take if he stayed the course he's on now. Ott! NO WAY IN HELL! I don't care if he scored 40 goals. I want people I respect on my favourite team & I have no respect for a Steve Ott! He's as Jack Edwards called him "A Scud Missle". Matthew Barnaby? I'd take that guy on the B's! This guy fought Chara on more than one occasion. That gets my respect! Barnaby would yap & grin & smile & laugh & make faces to drive you nuts, but he'd back it up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

would put a couple on there instead of Ladydress, and Handzus.. Jarkko Ruttu & my favourite Jordan Tootoo..a real clown.. Hey now Cowboys. Don't use nicknames. Kennedy doesn't like it. I know Tooto is borderline, but I don't mind the guys that play dirty, but they're willing to answer the bell for it! I have never seen a clip where Jordon did something & was challenged & he skated away from it! Let me say a bit more here. The B's in the 70's & the Flyers in the 70's! Players like Eddie Shack & Tiger Williams. These guys would literially gouge your eyes out & chew them before giving them back. However, they took as much as they gave. They wouldn't use I'm at the end of my shift as an excuse! They were ready to let someone else take their eyes out! Look we're fans of a team that was one of the dirtiest teams in history. However, not one of them EVER backed down from any dirt they thru! I'm not necessarily condoning that type of play, but I never have a problem when a Pronger, or a even a Dale Hunter pulled his stuff. I knew when/if the bell tolls they'd be ready & willing to take anything you may want to throw back at them. That's the difference. These guy in an earlier era weren't protected by a GD rule BOOK!
    Posted by nitemare-38

This just in.. I guess this answers a few questions I always had about Tootoo!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=347000

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: The real clowns! : This just in.. I guess this answers a few questions I always had about Tootoo!! http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=347000
    Posted by cowboys9

Jordin Tootoo is kind of a sad and remarkable story and I have always rooted for the guy even though he plays on the edge.  He's accepted a lot of fights too, so I wouldn't put him on this list.  If you read about where he came from and what he's been through it really is amazing that he is in the NHL.  That background was too much for his only brother Terrence to handle, as he took his own life several years ago while playing in the minors.  I hope Jordin can make a strong recovery and he is one guy I'd like to have on the Bruins.

Thanks for adding Kaleta -- he's got to be on that list.  He's got it all: takes cheap shots, rarely fights, runs his mouth, wears a visor...right up there with Lapierre.

Hard not to put Pronger on there too...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The real clowns! : Jordin Tootoo is kind of a sad and remarkable story and I have always rooted for the guy even though he plays on the edge.  He's accepted a lot of fights too, so I wouldn't put him on this list.  If you read about where he came from and what he's been through it really is amazing that he is in the NHL.  That background was too much for his only brother Terrence to handle, as he took his own life several years ago while playing in the minors.  I hope Jordin can make a strong recovery and he is one guy I'd like to have on the Bruins. Thanks for adding Kaleta -- he's got to be on that list.  He's got it all: takes cheap shots, rarely fights, runs his mouth, wears a visor...right up there with Lapierre. Hard not to put Pronger on there too...
    Posted by Fletcher1

I would certainly put Pronger on there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, I know the B's had some issues at practice recently too, but Punk. Kid. is at it AGAIN with teammates. Plekanec & our friend Lapierre! Bet that was a hellava fight! With their mouths! Certanily wouldn't have been fist....they might break a nail. Maybe they hit each other with their purses.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346998

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Nitemare-  Have you considered using paragraphs?  That one one long paragraph gives me a head ache and your points get lost.  Take some time and make it easier to read.  Define your points together.  Good list nonetheless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Nitemare-  Have you considered using paragraphs?  That one one long paragraph gives me a head ache and your points get lost.  Take some time and make it easier to read.  Define your points together.  Good list nonetheless.
    Posted by fordprefect

Done! Sorry I gave you a headache. Point was taken & I'll remember for the future! OH DAM GOTTA GO FIX MY LAST THREAD! Embarassed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The real clowns! : Done! Sorry I gave you a headache. Point was taken & I'll remember for the future! OH DAM GOTTA GO FIX MY LAST THREAD!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I'm still giving you a B+!

Sections
Shortcuts