The Real Fact Here Is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: The Real Fact Here Is

In Response to The Real Fact Here Is:
    [QUOTE]I hate to state the obvious, but no one has said much about it. The fact is (especially the the last 2 games, Wild, and Habs) the Power Play is killing us. In both games a pp conversion would have serious altered the outcome of the last 2 games. I don't know what is wrong... but it needs to change.     After the game against the Wild lots of people tossed Saavy under the bus, "He cost us the game", "They teach you in pee wee not to pass up the middle in your own zone", and my fav "What if it was game 7?" The truth is they did'nt do Sh!t with a huge PP late in the 3rd.   Last night same deal they had PP time and just looked ridiculous.  I realize they won't  score on every PP but one here and there would help alot  
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]
    No disputing the PP has looked awful.Time to try something new......anything.Bergeron back up front on the PP for starters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Did Savard make a single good play last night? 

I know he made at least 5 terrible plays and few more really bad ones.

How many PP shifts did Seguin get? I still say his lines generate more good chances and more offensive pressure than any other line, night in and night out. No matter who he's paired with.

I hope they continue putting him out there on the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The message that should be sent right now, in January, is the firing of Geoff Ward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Fact Here Is:
    [QUOTE]The message that should be sent right now, in January, is the firing of Geoff Ward.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    It would be a good starting point for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

The real problem is in the coaching. You cant play not to lose and win in professional sports. Perfect example was with about 3 minutes left in the game boychuck got the puck in the right wing defensive corner, skated up the boards with no forecheck to speak of coming at him, canadien forwards finally converge on him ( all 3 of them ) and he has wheeler at full speed through the nuetral zone on a break away with a hole big enough to pass through that you could drive a truck through it. Head down and playing not to lose he stops dead mid way up the boards , long before any montreal forward is within hitting range and promptly dumps the puck up the boards for a turn over in the neutral zone.

You have to continue to play the game to WIN.

Alot of people on here blaming this one on thomas. There is a reason why save % is kept as a stat in the NHL. No goalie is perfect and last night's 28-3 shot differential in the 3rd and OT proves it. Even with 2 goals going in his save % is still godly at like what 94%? Its up to the team to play better in front of him and not allow that many shots at the net.

We need look no further then our new england patriots to see the real reason is coaching. Belicheck would be up 55-0 in the second quater and go for it on a 4th and 15 just to keep the preasure on the other team to make a play to win ... our bruins coaching staff would punt the ball in the wrong direction and assure us atleast a heart attack by the end of the game and probably a 56-55 loss.

So i agree with you that the power play isnt helping. But in general niether is the entire way the bruins approach playing hockey these days and that starts with the coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Switching the same players around the powerplay is not going to do squat no matter who the coach is! Players on the other teams don't stay in their usual PK box because the defenders can sense that Bruins forwards are not confident with the puck on the PP and they have no respect for the shots that come from the blueline. Change the coaches out all you want the current players on the PP can't finish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Jacobs is down the keys fishing on his 75 Ft yacht. And the money is rolling in.

Coaching and management changes won't be happing anytime soon.

THis is business to Jacobs and has nothing to do with hockey

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins do not win when Claude calls for strict defenseive play. In addition, you do not win , or hold a lead by putting out the 4th line during the last 3 minutes, as Claude does all too often. You do not win when your Captain makes a very stupid play in the last 2 minutes; You do not win, or play a "good" , as Claude stated, game when Savvy's line plays very poorly; when Boychuck just slams the puck around the boards ala peewees; and when Kreji's line is mis-firing all night. Even Mr. Kalman, who doesn't usually criticize the coach, is highly critical in his Bruins Blog. I watched how Hunwick is skating and having fun with Colorado's up-tempo game, and wondered how well this team might play with a different style and a different coach, even a Milbury clone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The real fact here is that the Bruins CANNOT WIN GAMES WHEN THEY GO INTO A DEFENSIVE SHELL.  I don't know what kind of tactic should be used to get this point across.  Via puckhog, 28-3 shot advantage for Montreal in the 3rd and OT periods -- this is inexcusable.  You have got to be $h!tting me!!  It's not like they were up by 5 and trying to save their legs.  It was still a 2-goal game!! They just do not have the defensive presence to hold onto such leads.  Bad bounce, but no way should Ference have let Gomez get inside position on him for the tying goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I watched how Hunwick is skating and having fun with Colorado's up-tempo game
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Colorado fans aren't seeing the same player you are supposedly watching . 

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/08/avalanche-fans-not-exactly-enamored-with-matt-hunwick-on-defense/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]The real problem is in the coaching. You cant play not to lose and win in professional sports...
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]
    It's as simple as that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Really?

Did we all forget what Bergeron's first season back looked like? I'm about as big a fan as you can get of him without getting into Crosbyism, but it was frequently fugly, Savard has been back less than a month. Chill

[QUOTE]Did Savard make a single good play last night?  I know he made at least 5 terrible plays and few more really bad ones. How many PP shifts did Seguin get? I still say his lines generate more good chances and more offensive pressure than any other line, night in and night out. No matter who he's paired with. I hope they continue putting him out there on the PP.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The other night a loss to Buff didn't bother me, because they were all skating and bad breaks had done em in.  Last night those bad breaks came again and again they lost, this time though they were not all skating.

Last night the breaks came because Cj put the 'brakes' on his team like he has done all too often, played pluggers where they had no right to be played.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The PP has been terrible.  Looks like 5 hungry dogs skating after one bone.  I would definitely use Seguin on the 1st unit.  It is a way to get his confidence up and he is a proven scorer.  I would rather he get ice over Wheeler/Ryder/Recchi

Good post

Sections
Shortcuts