The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back.

Even CJ can not sit the kid now. So I can only assume that Thornton will have to be the healthy scratch. CJ Won't sit Ryder or Pialle & I can't imagine he would sit Recchi.

So, who goes to the 4th line with Campbell and Paille? 28? He can't put Seguin there after the Chemistry with Ryder & Kelly, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back.

definately Kelly go's to the fourth.  Its the only possible solution.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bergy will come back game 5 in Boston ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Could be that Bergy doesn't make it back until Game 5... and by then the series could be 3-1 (not saying in who's favor but, either way, might not insert your star at that point and risk further injury.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd sit thornton and put kelly on the 4th.  i'd have no problem with campbell/kelly/paille on the ice with a lead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The simple choice is Thornton out and Peverley goes to the fourth line.  It is quite obvious that Seguin will not sit the next game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

hard to say...you just don't know what kind of leadership that Thorton & Recci bring to the locker room. 

I would love to see the 3rd line stay together. they had good chemestry.  Bergeron back on the 2nd and peverly down to 4.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back.:
    This will be a nice problem to have. Thorton sets for sure and maybe Marchment goes down too the fourth line?
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

Brad MARCHAND is not a fourth line player, he's arguable been the best player in the playoffs for the B's so far. Thats not gonna happen. Kelly, possibly... Recchi has been the least effective of the ""move down to the 4th" candidates. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

Thornton sits. Kelly or Peverley to the 4th line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No brainer...Thornton is done....we will see him next year fresh as a daisy..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I would certainly sit Thornton and actually would put Peverly on the 4th line.  Kelly, Seguin and Ryder clicked too well to mess with that.  And Recchi has shown he can gel well with Bergeron and Marchand

The idea of a 4th line of Peverly, Campbell and Paille is actually pretty intriguing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : Brad MARCHAND is not a fourth line player, he's arguable been the best player in the playoffs for the B's so far. Thats not gonna happen. Kelly, possibly... Recchi has been the least effective of the ""move down to the 4th" candidates. 
    Posted by MDsizzle

i'd hate to break up recchi/bergeron/marchand.  they were the best line in the other series.

i'd like to see:    krejci/lucic/horton
                           bergeron/recchi/marchand
                           peverley/ryder/seguin
                           campbell/paille/kelly

that gives you 3 solid lines and a 4th that's defensively responsible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Agreed. Peverley to the 4th line means we get our excellent 2nd line back plus this new hot line of Kelly-Ryder-Seguin stays intact. Peverley & Paille's speed could cause some problems for the TB defence.

On another note, Pierre "Bonehead" McGuire said tonight that Bergeron will be back for game 3. How can he say that with certainty? Did I miss something or is he just being a bonehead again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : I love Marchand. Just trying too find the most effective fourth line. He did play a few games there earlier in the year and the line was very good. Like I said it's a nice problem when it's hard too decide who is "bad enough" to be demoted too the fourth line!
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

For sure it's a good problem to have and whoever goes down will be an improvement over Thornton. Maybe Peverly fits in well with his speed along with Pialle's speed...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : i'd hate to break up recchi/bergeron/marchand.  they were the best line in the other series. i'd like to see:    krejci/lucic/horton                        bergeron/recchi/marchand                        peverley/ryder/seguin                        campbell/paille/kelly that gives you 3 solid lines and a 4th that's defensively responsible.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

You have my approval for this line up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'd go with:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Kelly-Peverley-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Recchi

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

No question, Thornton watches in a suit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No way does Peverley go to the 4th line not going to happen it will be Kelly. Chris has redeemed himself in the playoffs after having a so, so regular season after his arrival but Peverley has too much offensive skill to relegate to the 4th line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

No way does Peverley go to the 4th line not going to happen it will be Kelly. Chris has redeemed himself in the playoffs after having a so, so regular season after his arrival but Peverley has too much offensive skill to relegate to the 4th line.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Absolutely agree 1000%... glad to see some hockey knowledge on here.. Why anyone would suggest a guy with offensive skill and speed be religated to the fourth line is insane..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : Brad MARCHAND is not a fourth line player, he's arguable been the best player in the playoffs for the B's so far. Thats not gonna happen. Kelly, possibly... Recchi has been the least effective of the ""move down to the 4th" candidates. 
    Posted by MDsizzle

If that's true about Marchand, how do you explain him only getting five shifts totaling less than four minutes in the third period?

Shift minutes in the third period:

:22
    :33
    :51
    1:13
    1:00

I'd say they don't see him as arguably their best player in the playoffs so far.  In fact, I'd say he's primed for the fourth line.  He was basically a liability against Montreal and has been a ghost in the two games against Tampa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : If that's true about Marchand, how do you explain him only getting five shifts totaling less than four minutes in the third period? Shift minutes in the third period: :22 :33 :51 1:13 1:00 I'd say they don't see him as arguably their best player in the playoffs so far.  In fact, I'd say he's primed for the fourth line.  He was basically a liability against Montreal and has been a ghost in the two games against Tampa.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Which turned out to be the Bruin's worst period by far.  Seems he should have been in there more. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: The Real Question Now When Bergy is Back. : I understand that.  But it's about what works. Lucic - Krejci - Horton  (works) Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi  (works) Ryder - Kelly - Seguin  (works) Paille - Campbell - Peverley The only other thing I would consider upon Bergeron's return would be to move Seguin to the 4th.  But to me the Seguin-Ryder combination is too good.  And Kelly is more effective with them than Peverley is. In addition, I don't view it as being relegated.  I fully expect this fourth line to score as well.
    Posted by mattc355

Absolutely.  Depth is going to win this series and keep them contending in the finals.  The "loss" of Thornton is going to be huge.  Think of Kelly and Peverley as interchangeable.  If a line isn't going, switch them up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

MattC, I like Kelly but he weighed down Ryder-Seguin a bit tonight and last game. Peverley has much more puck possession up n down the ice and is dominant in the corners plus he can take down a Dman in open the open ice one on one Kelly can't do that so we'll agree to disagree.

Sections
Shortcuts