The Ryan trade is slow but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The Ryan trade is slow but...

Since a new coach is in town, Ryan will not be traded but the Ducks mngt. are looking for NHL ready forward a 3 teir d man and prospect.

Just water cooler talk Horton even though he is one my fav. Bruins, Boychuk and Caron would this get Anaheim to pick up the phone to at least talk to PC and company.

Would this make the Bruins a better team or break up the chemistry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: The Ryan trade is slow but...

In Response to The Ryan trade is slow but...:
    [QUOTE]Since a new coach is in town, Ryan will not be traded but the Ducks mngt. are looking for NHL ready forward a 3 teir d man and prospect. Just water cooler talk Horton even though he is one my fav. Bruins, Boychuk and Caron would this get Anaheim to pick up the phone to at least talk to PC and company. Would this make the Bruins a better team or break up the chemistry.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

How can they be any better?  They just took 29 of a possible 32 points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: The Ryan trade is slow but...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Ryan trade is slow but... : How can they be any better?  They just took 29 of a possible 32 points.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what you said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

If it ain't broke...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to The Ryan trade is slow but...:
    [QUOTE]Since a new coach is in town, Ryan will not be traded but the Ducks mngt. are looking for NHL ready forward a 3 teir d man and prospect. Just water cooler talk Horton even though he is one my fav. Bruins, Boychuk and Caron would this get Anaheim to pick up the phone to at least talk to PC and company. Would this make the Bruins a better team or break up the chemistry.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

I would not even trade Horton one on one for Bobby Ryan ...I would be willing to give Paille & Pouliot thats about it ...the Bruins are on their way to a second straight Stanley Cup

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Bobby Ryan is better than Horton....just saying

So it comes down to how replacable Boychuck and Caron are.  We are fine now, but if we were to do a trade like this we would expose ourselves to injuries.  Right now if we lose a D-man we can bring in Kampfer, and if we lose a forward than Caron steps right in.  I see a significant drop off after those two replacements.

So, to echo above posts -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it

No need to expose ourselves to the risk of injury when the current squad no only is the best team in hockey, but we are also in good shape if somebody goes down.

Unless you think that Bartkowski and Hamil are suitable call ups, then I don't see how this could be smart

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Looks like the coaching change has helped Ryan as he has responded the last few games. I would say Bobby is probably off the trade block now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not sure I think Ryan is significantly better than Horton.  Maybe he is, but maybe he just looks better where he is.  In all of the e-harmony mooning over him, I have yet to be convinced. 

Horton has basically averaged between 55-60 points on two teams with a number of different coaches and systems but not a lot of help until he got to Boston.  Ryan has averaged about 65 points in one situation where he's played with last year's Richard Trophy winner and one of the top centres in the game.  In order to get those extra points, Ryan played over 20 min./game last year.  Horton played just over 16.  Horton had 6 PP goals.  Ryan had 5.  In the Bruins system, Ryan will play fewer minutes and play in a more defense-oriented game plan.  Think that won't close the points gap?

He's a good player, but why in the world would you create holes elsewhere for at best a marginal upgrade in production.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure I think Ryan is significantly better than Horton.  Maybe he is, but maybe he just looks better where he is.  In all of the e-harmony mooning over him, I have yet to be convinced.  Horton has basically averaged between 55-60 points on two teams with a number of different coaches and systems but not a lot of help until he got to Boston.  Ryan has averaged about 65 points in one situation where he's played with last year's Richard Trophy winner and one of the top centres in the game.  In order to get those extra points, Ryan played over 20 min./game last year.  Horton played just over 16.  Horton had 6 PP goals.  Ryan had 5.  In the Bruins system, Ryan will play fewer minutes and play in a more defense-oriented game plan.  Think that won't close the points gap? He's a good player, but why in the world would you create holes elsewhere for at best a marginal upgrade in production .
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Man you sure know how to put a pin in that balloon. Here I was ready to argue for the trade, and pop, it's gone. 
    The thing about Horton that I don't like is that he brings virtually no excitement to the game. Bobby Ryan does. I see Horton, much like Pouliot. Big, skilled guy, that doesn't hustle, or seem to hustle. Someone that size and on that good a team should be at 80 points. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Ryan trade is slow but... : I would not even trade Horton one on one for Bobby Ryan ...I would be willing to give Paille & Pouliot thats about it ...the Bruins are on their way to a second straight Stanley Cup Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley , you're the best ! I can always count on you for a chuckle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

I kinda agree with the lacklustre hustle bit on Horton.  Lately he's been digging more in the corners but I still feel he ain't 100% back from the Rome hit and still a little tentative.  He hasn't fought anyone yet and that's ok by me if he feels he doesnt want to get his noggin rocked.  Once he fights then he's ok and you will see more involvement from him.  With Ryan on the west coast don't get to see him play alot but Horton just as talented in my humble opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Ryan trade is slow but... : Man you sure know how to put a pin in that balloon. Here I was ready to argue for the trade, and pop, it's gone.  The thing about Horton that I don't like is that he brings virtually no excitement to the game. Bobby Ryan does. I see Horton, much like Pouliot. Big, skilled guy, that doesn't hustle, or seem to hustle. Someone that size and on that good a team should be at 80 points. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

He does however, bring game 7 winning goals. I'll take that from him and leave the excitement to the Seguin-Marchand-Bergeron line.

Our offence is in the top 3 in all categories. Why would you want to change that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Dont trade for the sake of trading!
    Have you forgotten what Horton brought in the Playoffs last year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A trade is made to enhance the chance of winning the cup.  It is December, wait until February!  Think defenseman though.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Beautiful breakdown. Also, Horton has a no trade. There is no way he OK's a move from here to Anaheim, and no way the Bruins force him to. Conversation closed.

[QUOTE]I'm not sure I think Ryan is significantly better than Horton.  Maybe he is, but maybe he just looks better where he is.  In all of the e-harmony mooning over him, I have yet to be convinced.  Horton has basically averaged between 55-60 points on two teams with a number of different coaches and systems but not a lot of help until he got to Boston.  Ryan has averaged about 65 points in one situation where he's played with last year's Richard Trophy winner and one of the top centres in the game.  In order to get those extra points, Ryan played over 20 min./game last year.  Horton played just over 16.  Horton had 6 PP goals.  Ryan had 5.  In the Bruins system, Ryan will play fewer minutes and play in a more defense-oriented game plan.  Think that won't close the points gap? He's a good player, but why in the world would you create holes elsewhere for at best a marginal upgrade in production .
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The Bruins don't need a big splash! Big splashes are good for offseason moves.

Know who I would be thrilled with in a midseason trade?
    Teddy Purcell (Yeah, I may be biased because I saw him tear it up at Maine). A plus skater in Tampa (that's an achievement when St. Louis had 99 points and was still a minus, and before Roloson was on in the playoffs, he was terrible), and put up 51 points last year, and costs less than 2.5 million per (2 years a 4.75). He also stepped it up big time for the Lightning in the playoffs (17 points in 18 games). He'd go beautifully with Peverley and Kelly, IMO.

THAT's a shake-up that the Bruins could use. If they can move Pouliot and either a mid-level prospect or a 3rd/4th round pick, I'm all for it. Purcell is also still fairly young (26).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

At the deadline, if TB is out, something like this might be nice.

[QUOTE]The Bruins don't need a big splash! Big splashes are good for offseason moves. Know who I would be thrilled with in a midseason trade? Teddy Purcell (Yeah, I may be biased because I saw him tear it up at Maine). A plus skater in Tampa (that's an achievement when St. Louis had 99 points and was still a minus, and before Roloson was on in the playoffs, he was terrible), and put up 51 points last year, and costs less than 2.5 million per (2 years a 4.75). He also stepped it up big time for the Lightning in the playoffs (17 points in 18 games). He'd go beautifully with Peverley and Kelly, IMO. THAT's a shake-up that the Bruins could use. If they can move Pouliot and either a mid-level prospect or a 3rd/4th round pick, I'm all for it. Purcell is also still fairly young (26).
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If things keep going the way that they're going, Tampa just might be out :)

I'm not saying Purcell is the only guy, but someone along those lines....plays solid two way game, somewhere between 35-45 points (I don't think Purcell will repeat 51 points this year). I just think he'd go really well with Peverley, and, as I noted, he put up some serious numbers in the playoffs.