The Save!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Save!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22370420/gif-zdeno-chara-makes-save-of-game-4-in-closing-minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvKVhhBuHzw

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Save!

I honestly think I've watched this 50 times...so far.

Absolutely amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I can't watch that highlight enough. Simply amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The more I watch it, the more I think that the original shot would have been wind of the net.

It is Krejci's tip that changed its direction towards the net and into Chara's hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's a remarkable moment.  We can see Chara prone on the ice, his head following Malkin's movement with the puck around behind him to his left and just as the puck's released Chara's left hand sweeps around to block it.  It does look like Krejci's stick arrives at the moment Malkin releases the shot.  Either way let's add this stunning play to the list in Bruins' lore. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Glad that this version of "the Save " will make us forget Ryders save against the Habs in 2011. This one was way more clutch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Also look at the youtube link Sandog posted above and at the very end you see Krejci in the Bruins crease, Chara even clear hinm out of the way with a cross check. Love it ! made me really laugh when I saw the replays last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Glad that this version of "the Save " will make us forget Ryders save against the Habs in 2011. This one was way more clutch.

Funny, I was just about to mention that!

Just think of the stories that have played out so far. It just feels like we will win it again. Should make for a loaded DVD!

*knocking on wood*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

One word...holycrapthatwasfrigginoneofthemostamazingplaysIhaveeverseen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Just glad Malkin didn't roof it,not sure if Chara would have been able to reach it.LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

shot blocking at its finest.  Wait, Campbell takes that crown.  Guess we will have to continue to call it a save.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

This one was even better than the one he made in game 7 at Van!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No matter how many times I see it's just as astonishing each time.  With his outstretched stick at Malkin's feet, that's about 14 feet worth of Boston Bruin the Pen player had to try and shoot around.  I kid. 

Seriously, how he had the presence of mind to bring his hand around at the moment the puck was on its way is freaky.  And if Krejci had anything to do with the save, arriving with his stick at that very moment I give props to him too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

If you watch the play you see Chara while laying on his stomach turn his head to follow the play! Just amazing.. I think Chara wears that "C" and really understand what it means! CAPTAIN CHARA, would make a great addition to The Avengers!! 

Sections
Shortcuts