the second "A"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

the second "A"

Apologies if this has already been covered, I've been away for a while. With the departure of Ference, do we think Kelly just takes over the 2nd A completely, or do they add a guy to share it as they had before. When Chara came in he was given the C before he played a game as a bruin. I wonder if Iginla would get a letter in the same fashion. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: the second

I figure they won't make any decisions until after camp, but if he gels with the team it's hard to argue against Iggy getting an A. He's been a captain for ten years now, and by all accounts is a strong leader.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I figure they won't make any decisions until after camp, but if he gels with the team it's hard to argue against Iggy getting an A. He's been a captain for ten years now, and by all accounts is a strong leader.

Im with you on Iggy.  Excellent leader.  I think it will make him more a part of the team and faster.  He gets my nod.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not entirely sure I think Iginla is a great leader. You'll find a lot of Calgary fans who say he took a lot of nights off over the last half decade - and yes, you can make all the excuses you want for the world class player on an archdiocese intramural boys team, but don't leaders bring it every night no matter what?

Could be that giving him the A is a way of acknowledging the respect his teammates want to give him. That is, like Recchi before him, they see him as that world class vet who can impart all sorts of wisdom.

I want to rip it off of Kelly for his sheer lack of hands.  Campbell, Seidenberg, or Lucic would be good choices if you're rotating it.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'm not entirely sure I think Iginla is a great leader. You'll find a lot of Calgary fans who say he took a lot of nights off over the last half decade - and yes, you can make all the excuses you want for the world class player on an archdiocese intramural boys team, but don't leaders bring it every night no matter what?

Could be that giving him the A is a way of acknowledging the respect his teammates want to give him. That is, like Recchi before him, they see him as that world class vet who can impart all sorts of wisdom.

I want to rip it off of Kelly for his sheer lack of hands.  Campbell, Seidenberg, or Lucic would be good choices if you're rotating it.

I like the thought of Lucic, might help him grow up.  But didnt you just say iggy took nights off, lucic showed up out of shape and had more nights off then on.  Campy would be my current Bruin if my Iggy choice doesnt happen.   my case for iggy and defense is that he wore that C for a long time, always stuck up for teammate, never dogged it and didnt play with a mysterious injury bc his team was out of it.  I think if you give him a leadership role you get more out of him bc more will be expected on a nightly basis.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I like Iginla too, but should they give the 'A' to a player that signed just a 1 yr contract?

He could be gone next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I like Iginla too, but should they give the 'A' to a player that signed just a 1 yr contract?

He could be gone next year.

Dav, i think that one year deal was more about the bruins then iggy.  If iggy thrives they would bring him back.  I think he will lead the team in goals.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Too soon to give it to Iggy.  IMO, he's gotta endeer himself to me just to get me to like him after the crap with PIT.  Let alone give him the A.

I say Campbell, Shawno, or Seids.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.bostonsportsbuzz.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think it should go to Lucic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

Too soon to give it to Iggy.  IMO, he's gotta endeer himself to me just to get me to like him after the crap with PIT.  Let alone give him the A.

www.bostonsportsbuzz.com

Who is shawNO?  The bear mascot deserves it as much as he does.  He high 5s and jumps around the same and likely gets 50 bucks a night.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's great Book, if it were up to the players. Keenan liked to give himself an A, call players an A and rip the A off players. Always liked Hull's response to Keenan taking the C off him "everyone knows who the leader is in this locker no matter who has a letter on their jersey".

I like the choices of Lucic, Seidenberg and Campbell. No barkers, except Milan, they lead by example. Its up to Julien I say it goes to Kelly, thats not a bad thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ok, 2 lucic votes so far.  Im not opposed but someone needs to sell it on me.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm sure you've seen him, Shupe.

Shawn Thornton? One of the best community guys in the NHL and everything that embodies Bruins hockey? :)

Seriously though, I can understand not giving it to Shawno, but you can't argue he's a leader/is exactly what the Bruins are about. That's the only reason I threw him in there.

Also, I feel like Looch isn't really a leader outside of that story about him in Game 7 against Toronto which was pretty cool.

My vote would be Campbell.

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

www.bostonsportsbuzz.com

Who is shawNO?  The bear mascot deserves it as much as he does.  He high 5s and jumps around the same and likely gets 50 bucks a night.  

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Giving the Assistant captain to a veteran, who has never played for Boston, would be a slap in the players who have paid there dues in the organization. 

Iginla needs to earn his place. Scoring alot of goals doesn't automatically make you a great leader.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Giving the Assistant captain to a veteran, who has never played for Boston, would be a slap in the players who have paid there dues in the organization. 

Iginla needs to earn his place. Scoring alot of goals doesn't automatically make you a great leader.

So Chara's captaincy was/is a slap in the face to the rest of the organization?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Name a player in Boston at the begining of that season that deserved the C ?

Also the Bruins were bringing in a new GM, this is not happening this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Game 7 against Toronto is the argument, shupe.  Guy is the emotional bellweather for the team.  When he goes into that beast mode, it would be hard not to follow him.  That image of him skating by the bench saying "that's one!" and then basically imposing his will on the Leafs is indelible.  Similar thing in the disastrous game 7 vs. the Flyers: who drove the team out to the 3-0 lead despite coming off his worst season to date?  Even game 6 against Chicago - who put them ahead late with every chance to force game 7?  He has that intangible ability to raise his game on the biggest stage.

Chara's the commitment guy who leads by example and sets the bar incredibly high.  Bergeron is the consummate pro - mental preparation, complete game, rises to the occasion, has led teams at the highest level.  Lucic would be the perfect compliment as the guy who can light the fuse on the team's passion when it's needed.  And I don't think he ever takes nights off, but I do think he's a guy who, when he's off, looks like he's being lazy because he's always late to the play.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Name a player in Boston at the begining of that season that deserved the C ?

Also the Bruins were bringing in a new GM, this is not happening this year.

Bergeron

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Glen Murray

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Game 7 against Toronto is the argument, shupe.  Guy is the emotional bellweather for the team.  When he goes into that beast mode, it would be hard not to follow him.  That image of him skating by the bench saying "that's one!" and then basically imposing his will on the Leafs is indelible.  Similar thing in the disastrous game 7 vs. the Flyers: who drove the team out to the 3-0 lead despite coming off his worst season to date?  Even game 6 against Chicago - who put them ahead late with every chance to force game 7?  He has that intangible ability to raise his game on the biggest stage.

Chara's the commitment guy who leads by example and sets the bar incredibly high.  Bergeron is the consummate pro - mental preparation, complete game, rises to the occasion, has led teams at the highest level.  Lucic would be the perfect compliment as the guy who can light the fuse on the team's passion when it's needed.  And I don't think he ever takes nights off, but I do think he's a guy who, when he's off, looks like he's being lazy because he's always late to the play.  

Im in complete agreement of that lucic.  But i also remember the floating lucic as well and him coming in Buff like shape.   I agree with your last assessment as well.  When big guys are off its noticeable bc they stop skating.  Meanwhile kelly who is a natural skater looks to be busting tail.  If giving lucic a letter gets his best every night im in favor.  If not i still think iggy deserves consideration.  I doubt one person would have issue with that.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No Glen Murray

Muzz.   If you can guess who gave him that nick name and why you get a cookie.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

So Chara's captaincy was/is a slap in the face to the rest of the organization?[/QUOTE]

Players in the organization not the "rest" or the "whole" organizition. I would agree with you if the a new GM were incoming and named Iginla. 

@Book Do you think Bergeron was old enough Or vocal enough at that time ?

StamPkos looks to like he is vocal enough for his role in Tampa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Glen Murray
     Muzz.   If you can guess who gave him that nick name and why you get a cookie.  [/QUOTE]

Smoke Smolinski and beause Glen was the life of any party!

I like Oatmeal cookies with raisins please.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It might have been a bit of a stretch, SanDog, but Bergeron was already half way to the Gold club after being the leading scorer and de facto leader of the WJHC squad and winning gold at the Worlds.  He was the club's leading scorer and he moved into the vacuum left by the Thornton trade admirably for a 20 year old.  I think the team would have respected the move and supported him as a guy who has shown he can win at a high level even at that age.  Murray would have been the veteran move, but I don't think of him as either kind of leader.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I'm sure you've seen him, Shupe.

Shawn Thornton? One of the best community guys in the NHL and everything that embodies Bruins hockey? :)

Seriously though, I can understand not giving it to Shawno, but you can't argue he's a leader/is exactly what the Bruins are about. That's the only reason I threw him in there.

Also, I feel like Looch isn't really a leader outside of that story about him in Game 7 against Toronto which was pretty cool.

My vote would be Campbell.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

www.bostonsportsbuzz.com

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would never give it to Thornton. I understand why we have him on the team, and he is good in the room and is a character guy an all but...He is Bruins hockey? Is bruins hockey having a career of fighting other enforcers, missing checks constantly, and not getting off the ice quick enough with line changes? If so, make him the captain!

Sections
Shortcuts