The seguin factor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The seguin factor

Unusual for me to start a post but, what the hell.
    Game 1, TB wins only because of that dreadful 1 minute and 35 seconds in period one. Seguin scores a goal to make it 3-1 TB then adds an assist later.
    Game 2, seguin shows his strenght and talents, unloads on a 4 point period, What was TB thinking in game one ? lol, Just luck for the kid ? No worried for game 2 .
    Game 3. Boucher after screaming over this kid in game 2, tells his team, keep that kid in check, hes killing us. Well done I say,his physcology degree is working well for the Bs.
    Game 4,, TO BE CONTINUED

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: The seguin factor

In Response to The seguin factor:
    [QUOTE]Unusual for me to start a post but, what the hell. Game 1, TB wins only because of that dreadful 1 minute and 35 seconds in period one. Seguin scores a goal to make it 3-1 TB then adds an assist later. Game 2, seguin shows his strenght and talents, unloads on a 4 point period, What was TB thinking in game one ? lol, Just luck for the kid ? No worried for game 2 . Game 3. Boucher after screaming over this kid in game 2, tells his team, keep that kid in check, hes killing us. Well done I say,his physcology degree is working well for the Bs. Game 4,, TO BE CONTINUED
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Again, I keep going back to depth.  If they want to deploy a shut down tandem, or line, on Seguin, that free's up the big guns, if they focus there, either Bergy's line or Seguin's will do the job. You can't smother depth.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to The seguin factor:
    [QUOTE]Unusual for me to start a post but, what the hell. Game 1, TB wins only because of that dreadful 1 minute and 35 seconds in period one. Seguin scores a goal to make it 3-1 TB then adds an assist later. Game 2, seguin shows his strenght and talents, unloads on a 4 point period, What was TB thinking in game one ? lol, Just luck for the kid ? No worried for game 2 . Game 3. Boucher after screaming over this kid in game 2, tells his team, keep that kid in check, hes killing us. Well done I say,his physcology degree is working well for the Bs. Game 4,, TO BE CONTINUED
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

And you point is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I'm a big fan of Seguin and what he brings to the table.  However, at this point in their careers, Bergeron is far more important.  I would venture to say if the B's had Bergeron in games 1 & 2, they would have split.

For a change, I'm excited Claude is playing both moving forward and Thornton will be sitting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Isn't it funny though, Sean Thornton has been more of a factor in the playoffs during his B's career than Joe Thornton was?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

In Response to Re: The seguin factor:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big fan of Seguin and what he brings to the table.  However, at this point in their careers, Bergeron is far more important.  I would venture to say if the B's had Bergeron in games 1 & 2, they would have split. For a change, I'm excited Claude is playing both moving forward and Thornton will be sitting. 
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]

Didn't they split games 1 & 2 without Bergeron??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

This team got a much needed spark in Game 2 with Tyler Seguin.  A MUCH NEEDED boost.  We were so down with losing Bergeron, when he scored 4 points in the second period, everyone felt good.  And now they will kick it up a notch.  Let's go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I like the "to be continued" because I don't see limits to Tyler's ceiling and it will keep going up n up. Tampa did clamp down on Seguin in game 3 which will continue today so Kelly and Ryder should see some open space.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=43d7f426347e3e7a78b7356d298983b7&plckUserId=43d7f426347e3e7a78b7356d298983b7" target="_parent">dbg1
    the point is the Bs have TB baffled as who to try and smother. as mentioned by many in this post.
    Seguin is a blessing in disguise, Not even TB seen the threat this kid is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Seguin also made the smart wrap around play that lead to the Ference goal. Didn't get an assist but was the reason it developed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : Didn't they split games 1 & 2 without Bergeron??
    Posted by BuckNakie[/QUOTE]

Correct, I'm saying if Patrice was healthy and Seguin was sitting, they would have still split.  Understand?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I thought Seguin was awesome tonight. He battled, skated hard, controlled the puck, looked for open plays. Don't care that he didn't put up points tonight. He's looking good -- Taylor Hall good (Yeah, I said it).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Seguin was awesome tonight. He battled, skated hard, controlled the puck, looked for open plays. Don't care that he didn't put up points tonight. He's looking good -- Taylor Hall good (Yeah, I said it).
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY. He was the best Bruin on the ice for a few shifts. I don't blame Claude for shifting it up and sitting him late in the game, as long as it was matchup-based because there was no reason to bench him based on performance. 

The penalty was stupid but it was one of about 5 stupid penalties and the others were committed by both goal scorers. Claude stuck with everybody even after those mistakes and it worked out. However I simply can't bite my tongue, even after this great win: Put Tyler on the power play as often as possible. 

Thank you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin also made the smart wrap around play that lead to the Ference goal. Didn't get an assist but was the reason it developed.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

And his backcheck started the play that Ryder (iirc) scored on in Game 4. No one else on the team would have been fast enough to get back on that specific play. When he really wants to have an impact and has some confidence he can be a pest to play against.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Feels good to see a future star already paying dividends!  Only 19 baby.  Gotta love it, boys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : And his backcheck started the play that Ryder (iirc) scored on in Game 4. No one else on the team would have been fast enough to get back on that specific play. When he really wants to have an impact and has some confidence he can be a pest to play against.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

I love the kid but Paille, Peverley, Marchand, and possibly Bergeron are just as fast without the puck. For some reason he's quicker with the puck than without it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : I love the kid but Paille, Peverley, Marchand, and possibly Bergeron are just as fast without the puck. For some reason he's quicker with the puck than without it.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Nope. It was a play where his first few explosive steps caught an opponent by surprise, which happens with him more often than any other player. I'll give you Peverley as he's similar, so he might have gotten there (although he does not seem to be as effective as Seguin once he gets to the puck-carrier. Seguin has heavier hands) but Marchand and Bergeron are "drivers" when they skate. They get good drive with each stride. Peverley and Seguin are "runners" which allows them to get up to full speed faster.

I.M.O.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

OK, fair enough but Paille has serious wheels. If we saw solid back and forechecking from Seguin in the regular season, he would have had a much better season as Claude would have fed him minutes.

But then again Seguin is pretty slow in the game NHL 11 so based on that, you are dead wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]OK, fair enough but Paille has serious wheels. If we saw solid back and forechecking from Seguin in the regular season, he would have had a much better season as Claude would have fed him minutes. But then again Seguin is pretty slow in the game NHL 11 so based on that, you are dead wrong.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

And he's not even on the most current roster on PS3. Sup with that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : And he's not even on the most current roster on PS3. Sup with that?

Some reporter should tell Seguin that they left him out so he gets all pissed and pulls a Gordie Howe hat trick in Game 6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I think both Seguin and Marchand should be on the powerplay. Recchi has no business being there whatsoever. Seguin may have been jumpy early on but he's settled it down and looks much more confident. Give him some PP time.

PP1: Krejci, Horton, Seguin, Kaberle, Seidenberg (playmaker and 2 snipers)

PP2: Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Peverly, Chara

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I think both Seguin and Marchand should be on the powerplay. Recchi has no business being there whatsoever. Seguin may have been jumpy early on but he's settled it down and looks much more confident. Give him some PP time. PP1: Krejci, Horton, Seguin, Kaberle, Seidenberg (playmaker and 2 snipers) PP2: Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Peverly, Chara
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

i agree with all of that except for krejci. is it me or is he absolutely madding. how can this guy be so good at even strength and so bad on with the man advantage. alot of lazy passes and bad decisions. what do u think d/c or anyone else. someone tell me i am seeing things cause i really like this kid as a player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Seguin gets 7:50 of ice time in Game 5. About right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : i agree with all of that except for krejci. is it me or is he absolutely madding. how can this guy be so good at even strength and so bad on with the man advantage. alot of lazy passes and bad decisions. what do u think d/c or anyone else. someone tell me i am seeing things cause i really like this kid as a player.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

I almost posted that I would think about leaving him off altogether for a while. It is just not a natural fit for him. He works best on the rush and as soon as it slows down he loses his rhythm. If I wanted to be an ar.se I'd say that that's something a coach should recognize in about December but I won't go there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The seguin factor : I almost posted that I would think about leaving him off altogether for a while. It is just not a natural fit for him. He works best on the rush and as soon as it slows down he loses his rhythm. If I wanted to be an ar.se I'd say that that's something a coach should recognize in about December but I won't go there.

PP needs guys who can hold onto the puck. We have four: Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin (more projection than proof), Kaberle (ugh).

Sections
Shortcuts