The Shup sweepstakes: What will Tuukka's average cap hit be ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Shup sweepstakes: What will Tuukka's average cap hit be ?

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1063

Pekka Rinne's

http://www.capgeek.com/player/643

Henrik Lundqvist's

http://www.capgeek.com/player/405

Ryan Miller's

Rask's salary will be easy on the 1st year, loaded in the middle and then lower near the end.

$6.5M average

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Shup sweepstakes: What will Tuukka's average cap hit be ?

My guess is $7.1M/6yrs.

Shupe hopes it's more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Your vote is in, Hang.   Let's recap the numbers we all hope for:

NAS:  $7M

Shupe:  $8M

Hang:  more than $8M"

6 years @ $39M Dez ? $6.5M cap hit ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1063

Pekka Rinne's

http://www.capgeek.com/player/643

Henrik Lundqvist's

http://www.capgeek.com/player/405

Ryan Miller's

Rask's salary will be easy on the 1st year, loaded in the middle and then lower near the end.

$6.5M average

That's my guess too San but it doesn't matter anyway. If Rask gets anything above 5 then Shupe is going spend the year acting like he just got a finger bang from Freddy Krueger. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

5 or less = 7+ 6 0r more = 6+

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

6yrs/$37.5M

Annual Cap Hit: $6.25M

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Torres, Raymond, Hendrick's or Souray trade rumours in November will cure that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

$49 mill /7 yrs.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

It is hard to argue that he shouldn't get $7 M per season when you look at what guys like Rinne make but I am hoping he agrees to a little less - maybe $6.5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

$52 MIL/8 yrs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Jimmy Howard's number ... $5.29M per season over 6 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanIsleBruin. Show VanIsleBruin's posts

8 years 50 mil

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

It is hard to argue that he shouldn't get $7 M per season when you look at what guys like Rinne make but I am hoping he agrees to a little less - maybe $6.5.

No really easy to argue.  Go look at how long rinne has been doing it.  2 vezina noms.  Rask has never played a full season.   If he signs for 7m next yr its a joke.  He isnt the best goalie in the world.  If he gets 5.5 next year i think thats a huge increase.   Hes been a career backup and had a decent playoff run in a lockout year.   

crawford cant wait for this.  He must be giddy with excitement.  Crawfords resume drowns rasks.  Crawford will be the first 10m a year goalie at this rate.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

No really easy to argue.  Go look at how long rinne has been doing it.  2 vezina noms.  Rask has never played a full season.   If he signs for 7m next yr its a joke.  He isnt the best goalie in the world.  If he gets 5.5 next year i think thats a huge increase.   Hes been a career backup and had a decent playoff run in a lockout year.   

crawford cant wait for this.  He must be giddy with excitement.  Crawfords resume drowns rasks.  Crawford will be the first 10m a year goalie at this rate.  

Yeah Crawford better hope the new ruling on goalie pads doesn't shrink too much.

I like Crowls 6.25M / AVV but I think if it was that he would have already been signed.  7M is alot but I guess fine , just hope it's not more. In 5 years to elite goalies will be making 10M.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Career backups with numbers that pale in comparison to Rask still get 2.9 million Shupe. See Bernier signing for what a goalie with just a bit of promise can get. Rask will likely get more than twice as much as Bernier and he deserves it because he's accomplished so much more. I will give Bernier the edge in playoff stats considering he's never allowed a post season goal. He was perfect for the entire 30 minutes that he played. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

6yrs/$37.5M

I think this will be it. I'm with Crowls.

6yrs/$37.5M

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yeah Crawford better hope the new ruling on goalie pads doesn't shrink too much.

I like Crowls 6.25M / AVV but I think if it was that he would have already been signed.  7M is alot but I guess fine , just hope it's not more. In 5 years to elite goalies will be making 10M.

Yes and maybe they will have a height restriction as well.  Crawford has done it since he was a rookie.  Just was part of the cup where he was awesome.  

i hope he has rasks agent.  

um, my guy has a cup ring from 2011 and he played 45 gms 4 seasons ago.  He was then a backup, the starter is weird and semi retired and decided to grow tomatoes in ohio,  my playoff record shows me winning 4 rounds, it also shows i lost a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 score in game seven, i liked that so much i had my guys build a 3-1 series lead and blew that as well, this time i wanted to give the other team a better shot by spotting them a 4-1 lead with 10m to play.   After my team saved me went on to play decent hockey against the rangers and then threw a wall up against a slow old pitt team with no defense and a backup in net bc their fleury got a huge deal and like most goalies have an off year or two.   I then have a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period and you guessed it i blew that lead.   I then managed to win 1 home game in 3 in the stanley cup finals which included a 6-5 game and a lead with less then 2 minutes from forcing a game 7.  

Please sign me for 7m.  Ive shown the world how great i am.  In fact the best goalie in the world. If anyone says anything about these melt down dont listen bc i held pitt to 2 goals in front of one the best defensive oriented teams since the 90s devils.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm going with Rask's number 40. If Letang can do it ( 58 ) so can Rask (40 ).

$40M for 6 years.

$6.66M per year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yes and maybe they will have a height restriction as well.  Crawford has done it since he was a rookie.  Just was part of the cup where he was awesome.  

i hope he has rasks agent.  

um, my guy has a cup ring from 2011 and he played 45 gms 4 seasons ago.  He was then a backup, the starter is weird and semi retired and decided to grow tomatoes in ohio,  my playoff record shows me winning 4 rounds, it also shows i lost a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 score in game seven, i liked that so much i had my guys build a 3-1 series lead and blew that as well, this time i wanted to give the other team a better shot by spotting them a 4-1 lead with 10m to play.   After my team saved me went on to play decent hockey against the rangers and then threw a wall up against a slow old pitt team with no defense and a backup in net bc their fleury got a huge deal and like most goalies have an off year or two.   I then have a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period and you guessed it i blew that lead.   I then managed to win 1 home game in 3 in the stanley cup finals which included a 6-5 game and a lead with less then 2 minutes from forcing a game 7.  

Please sign me for 7m.  Ive shown the world how great i am.  In fact the best goalie in the world. If anyone says anything about these melt down dont listen bc i held pitt to 2 goals in front of one the best defensive oriented teams since the 90s devils.   

Shupe, give the backup nonsense a rest. It's old and tired. Rask took the starter job from Thomas in 2010 and then lost it back to him a year later when TT played well enough to win the Vezina. Big deal. The entire hockey world outside of your living room had spoken for years at the Bruins good fortune in having two #1 goalies on their team yet you keep calling Rask, "just a career backup" like it somehow strengthens your argument. It doesn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Career backups with numbers that pale in comparison to Rask still get 2.9 million Shupe. See Bernier signing for what a goalie with just a bit of promise can get. Rask will likely get more than twice as much as Bernier and he deserves it because he's accomplished so much more. I will give Bernier the edge in playoff stats considering he's never allowed a post season goal. He was perfect for the entire 30 minutes that he played. 

Hes accomplished so much more?

66-45 128 gs, starter for one year bc TT stunk, then rides the pines for 2 yrs.  never played one full season.  Not one dez.  Had he strung 2-3 in a row.  But not one.  He lost his job after his good year.  What does that say?  

Hes proven nothing over a long period of time.  

The only way you can strengthen your argument is if you tell me he deserves to be on the cover of GQ.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, give the backup nonsense a rest. It's old and tired. Rask took the starter job from Thomas in 2010 and then lost it back to him a year later when TT played well enough to win the Vezina. Big deal. The entire hockey world outside of your living room had spoken for years at the Bruins good fortune in having two #1 goalies on their team yet you keep calling Rask, "just a career backup" like it somehow strengthens your argument. It doesn't.

[/QUOTE]
    No kidding! This subject has been one of those where he shows that Maritme Bullheadedness to no end! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[/QUOTE]
    No kidding! This subject has been one of those where he shows that Maritme Bullheadedness to no end! 

[/QUOTE]

66 wins since 2008.  No bull. Straight facts.  Does he have more?   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hes accomplished so much more?

66-45 128 gs, starter for one year bc TT stunk, then rides the pines for 2 yrs.  never played one full season.  Not one dez.  Had he strung 2-3 in a row.  But not one.  He lost his job after his good year.  What does that say?  

The only way you can strengthen your argument is if you tell me he deserves to be on the cover of GQ.   

Are you really asking me what it means that Rask lost his starter job to the best goalie on the planet in 2011? My answer is very little because every other goalie that plays would've been behind Thomas that year. Shupe, Rask was going to be the starter last year whether Thomas sat out or not. Everyone and their dog knew that Thomas was being shopped the minute his NTC expired. Thomas made sure that wasn't possible. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I have to agree with Shupe. Also Bruins goalie stats benefit big time from the Claude Julien defense first system by players playing infront of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  Please someone tell me who would sign rask as an rfa for over 7m?   Please go through the lists of teams, goalie set up and cap space.  Then if these are lottery teams please tell me if they do this while rebuilding.  i will start everyone off.  Avs, Flames.  

2.  Please anyone debate his one season 4 yrs ago and the next 3 where he never started more then 30 games.  

3.  Any awards? Cups(2011 yes i know)?

4.  Realize im laying it on thick bc im semi serious and a lot of sarcasm.  For those who dont know me well enough i like to have fun. 

5.  Are my pts about goalies in general not even a bit of a concern.  Should rask go down with an injury then what.  i worry about goalie contracts.  The only valid contract in my eyes is quick and rinne.  I have a lot of examples of goalies who have large deals and they cripple their teams.  Canucks anyone?  

6.  Rask is an elite goalie who im glad will be staying

7.  Hes likely gonna get 6.3 per.  I said 5.5.  Im not gonna split hairs over that.  If he gets 7.  All bets off.  

8.  I have said i will leave it rest until after he signs.  Starting now.  

9.  I love you all.   

10.  Everyone gets the last word bc of 8.  

11.  Hes not worth 7m.  

12.  :-).  

Sections
Shortcuts