The sisters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The sisters

The sedins are 2 of the best in the league when you let them play there game.
    But wow, did the bruins expose them as softies or what. North American blood wins cups.

CANADA, USA...... don't kid yourself, that's where it's at people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The sisters

This is a great topic.  It's new and refreshing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to The sisters:
    [QUOTE]The sedins are 2 of the best in the leaque when you let them play there game. But wow, did the bruins expose them as softies or what. North American blood wins cups.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    Pauly, do you think the Sedins will suffer now that their weaknesses have been exposed to the rest of the league or will they have no problem as long as the refs "protect" them like their GM felt the officials failed to do in the finals?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: The sisters:
    [QUOTE]This is a great topic.  It's new and refreshing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Maybe I should start a thread trying to change a prospects name because i don't like the way it sounds...........No i wont do that, there's no way I could stoop that low. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The sisters : Pauly, do you think the Sedins will suffer now that their weaknesses have been exposed to the rest of the league or will they have no problem as long as the refs "protect" them like their GM felt the officials failed to do in the finals?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] I think they will grow as players, but there softness will always be there.
    It's just my opinion, but if your team leaders are not from canada or the usa you will lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I think they will grow as players, but there softness will always be there. It's just my opinion, but if your team leaders are not from canada or the usa you will lose.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Lidstrom

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I think they will grow as players, but there softness will always be there. It's just my opinion, but if your team leaders are not from canada or the usa you will lose.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Chara

Krejci

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Datsyuk

Holmstrom

Zetterberg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I think they will grow as players, but there softness will always be there. It's just my opinion but if your team leaders are not Canadian or American you will lose.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    For the Canucks' sake, I hope the twins man up and play stronger. I'm not saying they need to fight but they do have to do have to buy into the idea of taking care of themselves and not relying on teammates and the refs to protect them when the games get rough. The post game sulking (after losses) by the twins and Vancouver management was embarrassing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : For the Canucks' sake, I hope the twins man up and play stronger. I'm not saying they need to fight but they do have to do have to buy into the idea of taking care of themselves and not relying on teammates and the refs to protect them when the games get rough. The post game sulking (after losses) by the twins and Vancouver management was embarrassing.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Swedes are tough people, passive publically generally speaking.  I think Forsberg or Salming to name a few.  Me thinks, it was the Vancouver strategy not to retaliate especially with the Marchand incident in the playoffs.  Vancouver I believe have already made some changes for next season.  They have a good team.  The Swede twins will not change, maybe a bit more physical like Matts Sundin!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Lidstrom
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Boston Bruins Stanley cup champs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Datsyuk Holmstrom Zetterberg
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Where are these star players now? There"s only one champion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

come after me, i will eat you up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]come after me, i will eat you up
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Bring it.  You don't have the hockey knowledge.  Instead, you'll just post stupid statements like, "Cancer".

You state that if a team's leaders aren't from USA or Canada, they'll lose.

Chara is the Bruins Captain.  Chara is the #1 leader on the team.

Chara is from Slovakia.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Boston Bruins Stanley cup champs
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Was Chara born in Minnesota?  Was he born in Sudbury?

Was he born in Canada or the USA?

Nope.  He's a European.  I guess the B's didn't win the Cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

this line might have been written by" Grapes". He has always derided the lack of toughness in European, mostly Swedish, players. That said, there have been some exceptions, like Lidstrom, but IMO it's the "style" which I first noticed in High School hockey in Connecticutt.  A recognizable Prep school had a Swedish coach who "Taught" the non-confontative style of poke in the belly, or behind the legs which would result in a stand up fight, among many of the young players in Rochester, Syracuse, and Buffalo who played 50% of their Peewee and Bantam games against Canadian clubs. Watch closely and you will see how these non-Canadian/USA players rely on stickwork that the refs very often miss. That was Cherry's point of view on " European" players. Do you think Neely has the same opinion about Ulfie?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Where are these star players now? There"s only one champion.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Pauly, you cant validate half of his argument just so you can criticize it without at least acknowledging the other half which undermines your point. The Stanley Cup winning Bruins were led by a European captain in Chara. As far as the Canucks, I blame the GM, who thinks the game should revolve around what HE believes how it should be played, instead of adapting to how it really IS played. Horton would not have gotten hurt if Gillis didn't stand behind Torres when he took out Seabrook, then again when he hurt someone in Nashville. Instead of recognizing that the rules have changed, he said "I would expect, and want, him to keep playing his style of game", then acted all shocked when Rome got suspended. Rome was surprised, too, because he thought it was OK to hit players like that.... i wonder why he thought that? Same thing goes for his philosophy of playing the low-hitting, high finesse style hockey game. The Sedins thrive in this environment. Chicago exposed it, but did so too late to help themselves. Nashville and San Jose failed to learn from Chicago, but most importantly, so did Vancouver, and the Bruins exposed it again. But instead of adapting, what does Gillis do? He comes out after the last game, says he believes in this team and major changes do not, in fact, need to be made, and his intention was to keep the same team together as much as possible. Again, failing to adapt, instead believing the game should adapt to his style of thinking instead. I would understand the riots more if they started after that announcement instead of after game 7. But thier fans hopes were inflated by the Nucks getting the presidents trophy, I wonder how when they had both Colorado and Edmonton, the two worst teams in the league this year, in thier division to kick around all season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    Better let this one go pauly. You're way behind, on points.
    NotAShot is right. There is a long list of non-North American players, that have been instrumental in helping their teams win Stanley Cups.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Better let this one go pauly. You're way behind, on points. NotAShot is right. There is a long list of non-North American players, that have been instrumental in helping their teams win Stanley Cups.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    Forsberg anyone.............?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Watch closely and you will see how these non-Canadian/USA players rely on stickwork that the refs very often miss. That was Cherry's point of view on " European" players. Do you think Neely has the same opinion about Ulfie?"

Bogie, Tomas Sandstrom would be that perfect example an the one who caught Cherry's ire after he broke Gilmour's arm with some nifty stick work. I would not want to go into a corner with Tomas when he played. Got to see allot of Sandstrom when he was with LA tough, could light the lamp and durable played 17 years of pro hockey.

One of the few who broke that Euro stereo type.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Posted by pauly

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Forsberg anyone.............?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hakan Loob, Flames '89 Cup winner, Mats NAS-lund (couldn't resist), Habs '85 Cup champ, Igor Larionov, Wing Cups in '97, '98. '02, Jagr, Pens, Petr Sykora, Devils Cup winner, 2000.  All European blood.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Every champion ship team has players from around the world that is a givin. But those teams have leaders and for the most part they are usally north american. 
    Call it a numbers game if you want.   

Go dougie hamilton.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Bring it.  You don't have the hockey knowledge.  Instead, you'll just post stupid statements like, "Cancer". You state that if a team's leaders aren't from USA or Canada, they'll lose. Chara is the Bruins Captain.  Chara is the #1 leader on the team. Chara is from Slovakia.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
     My post of canadian and american leaders was meant to be in general. You
    bringing up chara is a joke he is in a league of his own.
    And yes you are a CANCER, PREDATOR and a whole lot of other things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters :  My post of canadian and american leaders was meant to be in general. You bringing up chara is a joke he is in a league of his own. And yes you are a CANCER, PREDATOR and a whole lot of other things.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

This is the Bruins board for Bruins fans.  They just won the Cup with a Slovakian as Captain.

What is wrong with you?  Just let it go.

Sections
Shortcuts