The sisters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: The sisters

//The sedins are 2 of the best in the league when you let them play there game.
    But wow, did the bruins expose them as softies or what.// 

Should have ended it with this comment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: The sisters:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I like Dit Clapper ~~~
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Would you like some Per Djoos with your meal, Stuke?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Well that's it.  I'm outta here.  Leaving on a high just like George Costanza.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Funny I was just about to close the thread when I read this.... ha.  

Oh my goodness what a lame subject, the best players are in NA, that is why Europeans play here.  If you look at captains, well don't cause the European influence has only been in the last thirty years.  Most captains usually are in the league 5 to 10 years.  So, the number of Europeans and Canadians/Americans ratio is still skewed to the latter.  Thus less captains.  How many posters have been to see hockey games in Europe?  Europeans are not soft period! Stick work I do agree with, a left over of the "Soviet" influence on hockey.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I do agree with Pauly; but not to the extreme! With the exception of Detroit. There hasn't been a team where it's been more Europeans than N.A players as it's core leaders! However; where Pauly is mistaken is where he implies that Europeans are weak! Lapierre; Burrows & Subban ARE Canadian! Linsman was a Canadian as is Luongo! The list can go on & on! I do agree to a degree with the over prognosis that a team that has European players as it's core & depended on bringing in a championship they'll fail if they go against a team that has that N.A/European mixture! Take a look at game 7! As far as Vancouver goes? Kesler was BAR NONE their best player that night & he was injured as was Henrik; but who did all he could to play thru it! If you go thru teams since 72' there's few & far between teams that had Euro's as the core leaders that have prevailed with a Stanley Cup. Sure there's Europeans on the roster; but what did they provide? It's not secret; but a FACT. In the OVERALL picture. Euro's don't have that same desire to win the Stanley Cup. DK; Seids & Chara! Without them the B's probably don't win & I'm not taking their contributiions away! I am saying that the Sedin twins played like "typical" Euro's who could not find the desire to bring that team over the top!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow, did Mike Milbury join this board? Why is that I'm the first one to take offense to yet another mysoginistic link between women, the Sedins and playing soft?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Forsberg anyone.............?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Forsberg was the man.  When healthy he played as hard and tough as anyone and his talent was exceptional. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Many "Euros" now play junior here and/or have a stint in the AHL-like our guy D.Krejci so they learn how to play North American style hockey. They used to look at the World Championships as their main tourny but now that they are represented so well in the NHL the Stanley Cup is what many Euro kids dream of winning more. The Sedins played well but Chara and Seids just messed them up. In a couple of the last games of the series I saw the Sedins get a couple of shots away that go in on 99% of the goalies in the league. TT was just other-worldly. The relentless cycle like you're in a washing machine that the Sedins do to most teams has not come to fruition in the big playoff games because the other team- if tough like the B's -doesn't let it happen. Gillis failed to recognize this  . . .again. I've seen it happen to the twins for years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Many "Euros" now play junior here and/or have a stint in the AHL-like our guy D.Krejci so they learn how to play North American style hockey. They used to look at the World Championships as their main tourny but now that they are represented so well in the NHL the Stanley Cup is what many Euro kids dream of winning more. The Sedins played well but Chara and Seids just messed them up. In a couple of the last games of the series I saw the Sedins get a couple of shots away that go in on 99% of the goalies in the league. TT was just other-worldly. The relentless cycle like you're in a washing machine that the Sedins do to most teams has not come to fruition in the big playoff games because the other team- if tough like the B's -doesn't let it happen. Gillis failed to recognize this  . . .again. I've seen it happen to the twins for years.
    Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

How many of them are captains or win the play-off mvp though?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Probably a better way to end this one is how many european's have won the con smythe trophy in the last 25 years or so that the NHL has had the best european's playing in it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Two things on this thread.

1) I don't think it's so much the softness of Euro players in general. It's the soccer mentality of certain Euro players. There are plenty of tough Euro players in the NHL who play the NHL game the way it was meant to be played. It's just certain players who fawl down if you sneeze on them. Many of them play for Vancouver and Montreal, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

2) Does anyone out there think the Canucks underestimated the Bruins ? Most of the team thought they could skate on the ice, say boo to the Bruins, and walk away with the Cup. Sure didn't turn out that way and the Canucks left the ice with their tails between their collective legs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]Two things on this thread. 1) I don't think it's so much the softness of Euro players in general. It's the soccer mentality of certain Euro players. There are plenty of tough Euro players in the NHL who play the NHL game the way it was meant to be played. It's just certain players who fawl down if you sneeze on them. Many of them play for Vancouver and Montreal, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence. 2) Does anyone out there think the Canucks underestimated the Bruins ? Most of the team thought they could skate on the ice, say boo to the Bruins, and walk away with the Cup. Sure didn't turn out that way and the Canucks left the ice with their tails between their collective legs.
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

Good point. I even underestimated the Bruins' toughness, ferocity and ability to play with anger in that last series. I don't think Vancouver saw that series playing out the way it did. Any number of different factors could have changed the series (better goaltending in games 3 or 4) or a quick goal in game 7 by Vancouver. But it's clear that Boston had a physicial edge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yikes what a thread ! 

Pauly,  The BlackHawks have been exposing the twins for 3 years now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]yikes what a thread !  Pauly,  The BlackHawks have been exposing the twins for 3 years now.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

True that Legion; but I honestly think the B's this year made them look even WORSE! A number of Canuck fans here in Calgary are saying the punches to the face that (I don't want to upset BruinsfaninJersey) so I'll say Henrik. Jk Jersey. To the face was where they said they actually were embarrassed to say they were Canuck fans. All I know is I was screaming at the TV saying "Hit the little punk back!" And I'm a Bruins fan; but watching that fiasco was a sure sign that the twins were too afraid to do anything!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Any Canuck fan i talked to before the finals began said they figured the Canucks would win in 4, maybe 5 games if the Nucks wanted to hoist the Cup in front of their fans. The media didn't give the B's much of a chance either. Makes me think the talking heads don't watch much hockey being played outside of Toronto.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : True that Legion; but I honestly think the B's this year made them look even WORSE! A number of Canuck fans here in Calgary are saying the punches to the face that (I don't want to upset BruinsfaninJersey) so I'll say Henrik. Jk Jersey. To the face was where they said they actually were embarrassed to say they were Canuck fans. All I know is I was screaming at the TV saying "Hit the little punk back!" And I'm a Bruins fan; but watching that fiasco was a sure sign that the twins were too afraid to do anything!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

nite - I thought the fact no one came to Sedin's aid as Marchand used his head for a speedbag was more telling about the Canuck team fortitude rather than him not defending himself. 

I can't imagine the Bruins with their present wrecking crew allowing their most passive player to be abused in a similar manner without even stepping in.  BTW, who is the most passive Bruin?  Can't say Kaberle anymore. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : nite - I thought the fact no one came to Sedin's aid as Marchand used his head for a speedbag was more telling about the Canuck team more than him defending himself.  I can't imagine the Bruins with their present wrecking crew allowing their most passive player to be abused in a similar manner without even stepping in.  BTW, who is the most passive Bruin?  Can't say Kaberle anymore. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see any of their so called tough guys ( Bieksa, Alberts, Torres ) come to Thelma's defence, and they had more than enough time to do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Any Canuck fan i talked to before the finals began said they figured the Canucks would win in 4, maybe 5 games if the Nucks wanted to hoist the Cup in front of their fans. The media didn't give the B's much of a chance either. Makes me think the talking heads don't watch much hockey being played outside of Toronto.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

50 - Well said.  I can still recall ex-Leaf associate GM Bill Watters giving his preview of the Finals in which he stated the Canucks would "out-everything" the Bruins. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I didn't see any of their so called tough guys ( Bieksa, Alberts, Torres ) come to Thelma's defence, and they had more than enough time to do it.

Exactly, 50 - Clearly a talented club but the Bruins revealed their softness and shadiness in terms of how low they would stoop when faced with an opponent not interested in taking any backwards steps from them. 

I hope CBC and Scotia Bank were left red-faced in their backing of Vancouver with the ill-fated "Bring The Cup Home To Canada" campaign as the Canucks proceeded to embarrass themselves with some hopeless theatrics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : nite - I thought the fact no one came to Sedin's aid as Marchand used his head for a speedbag was more telling about the Canuck team fortitude rather than him not defending himself.  I can't imagine the Bruins with their present wrecking crew allowing their most passive player to be abused in a similar manner without even stepping in.  BTW, who is the most passive Bruin?  Can't say Kaberle anymore. 
    The Bruins' collective response after the Cooke incident wasn't exactly a scene out of Braveheart.  True, they learned and are a much tougher team but that was an example of the Bruins being passive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : nite - I thought the fact no one came to Sedin's aid as Marchand used his head for a speedbag was more telling about the Canuck team fortitude rather than him not defending himself.  I can't imagine the Bruins with their present wrecking crew allowing their most passive player to be abused in a similar manner without even stepping in.  BTW, who is the most passive Bruin?  Can't say Kaberle anymore. 

I agree RHO; but there comes a time when you have to stand up for yourself! You can't always depend on others to do things for you! As a human being sometimes you just have to take a stand! Heck I know a lot of women that WOULD NEVER allow any1 to hit them 4 times in the face! Steve Heinze once fought Chris Simon for crying out loud. Bourque wasn't a fighter; but he even took matters into his own hands when pushed to the limit!

Most Passive Bruin? That's a great question. I think the B's may have replaced their most passive with Joe Corvo? Unless the emblem on the front replaces that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

[QUOTE]Any Canuck fan i talked to before the finals began said they figured the Canucks would win in 4, maybe 5 games if the Nucks wanted to hoist the Cup in front of their fans. The media didn't give the B's much of a chance either. Makes me think the talking heads don't watch much hockey being played outside of Toronto.

Yeah, I'd say the Canucks underestimated the Bruins Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNdaGCAjx0

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : The Bruins' collective response after the Cooke incident wasn't exactly a scene out of Braveheart.  True, they learned and are a much tougher team but that was an example of the Bruins being passive.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

Oh I knew someone was going to bring that up! I think you're 50% right on that statement. Yes no one came to the aid of Savvy; but who was on the ice for the B's? Nobody went after Rome either. And Lucic was on the ice. Sometimes the sight of seeing your teammate laid out like that takes away the thought of retaliation; because your thoughts go immediately to your teammate. However; I'm almost 99% sure that if Thorts was on the ice. Cooke would've been in trouble!
    I think the situation you use is an apple & orange comparison.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Yeah, I'd say the Canucks underestimated the Bruins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNdaGCAjx0
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

That is priceless!! LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : I agree RHO; but there comes a time when you have to stand up for yourself! You can't always depend on others to do things for you! As a human being sometimes you just have to take a stand! Heck I know a lot of women that WOULD NEVER allow any1 to hit them 4 times in the face! Steve Heinze once fought Chris Simon for crying out loud. Bourque wasn't a fighter; but he even took matters into his own hands when pushed to the limit! Most Passive Bruin? That's a great question. I think the B's may have replaced their most passive with Joe Corvo? Unless the emblem on the front replaces that.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

nite - I see your point.  If captains are to lead by example, his display probably wasn't the best one.  Standing up to Marchand may have been the best tonic for his team at that moment.  It must have been especially deflating for the Canucks to watch him get manhandled with no penalty called. 

Corvo as most passive Bruin.  Never considered him.  Good choice. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : The Bruins' collective response after the Cooke incident wasn't exactly a scene out of Braveheart.  True, they learned and are a much tougher team but that was an example of the Bruins being passive.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

BruinsFan - Absolutely correct with that past example.  We now know that edition of the Bruins didn't have the resolve and determination of this year's club.