The sisters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Re: The sisters

In Response to Re: The sisters:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Oh I knew someone was going to bring that up! I think you're 50% right on that statement. Yes no one came to the aid of Savvy; but who was on the ice for the B's? Nobody went after Rome either. And Lucic was on the ice. Sometimes the sight of seeing your teammate laid out like that takes away the thought of retaliation; because your thoughts go immediately to your teammate. However; I'm almost 99% sure that if Thorts was on the ice. Cooke would've been in trouble! I think the situation you use is an apple & orange comparison.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

You're right, it is an apple and orange situation but Thornton's role after the Savard hit is immaterial. As we've all mentioned, the B's just had a killer instinct this year but last year it was lacking. It had to have been the Flyers series last year-- it was a perfect wake up call for them. I remember thinking to myself last year that dropping the series against Philly would be ok if they won next year. Lo and behold, I got my wish and a generation of Bruins fans finally exhaled in June.

Thornton's a good player (loved those 10 goals from him this season) but don't give him too much credit. Savard and Horton's injuries were different events because the teams were different. One team was poorly equipped to handle a challenge and became famous for the worst series defeat in franchise history, the other team was tougher, better able to overcome injury and won the cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : You're right, it is an apple and orange situation but Thornton's role after the Savard hit is immaterial. As we've all mentioned, the B's just had a killer instinct this year but last year it was lacking. It had to have been the Flyers series last year-- it was a perfect wake up call for them. I remember thinking to myself last year that dropping the series against Philly would be ok if they won next year. Lo and behold, I got my wish and a generation of Bruins fans finally exhaled in June. Thornton's a good player (loved those 10 goals from him this season) but don't give him too much credit. Savard and Horton's injuries were different events because the teams were different. One team was poorly equipped to handle a challenge and became famous for the worst series defeat in franchise history, the other team was tougher, better able to overcome injury and won the cup.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

Gonna give ya some love on this 1 BFIPT! Great answer! I'll also add that I truly believe that because of the Savvy & Bergy incidents the B's & pun intended got as angry as a bear when Horts got whacked! I think they learned that no obstacle was too big to overcome!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : nite - I see your point.  If captains are to lead by example, his display probably wasn't the best one.  Standing up to Marchand may have been the best tonic for his team at that moment.  It must have been especially deflating for the Canucks to watch him get manhandled with no penalty called.  Corvo as most passive Bruin.  Never considered him.  Good choice. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Well; I didn't mean to omit your point where nobody else jumped in either; but I consider myself a "tough hockey player" I'm a goalie which means I'm not all there to begin with; which means there's some toughness. That's why I got so po'd at watching Marchand do that & Henrik did NOTHING! I couldn't fathom the thought of a man doing that to another man where there wasn't even a sign of a pulse until the referee came around! I know 99.9 % of the NHL players could probably destroy me in a fight; but I will tell you this much! NOT ONE OF THEM would ever get away scott free of punching me in the face ONCE; let alone 4x! I'd probably get hit 10 more x's depending on who was punching; but I'd be be swinging back before I went down! That whole incident boggles my mind. I really wish someone would've ask Henrik what was going thru his mind at that point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Gonna give ya some love on this 1 BFIPT! Great answer! I'll also add that I truly believe that because of the Savvy & Bergy incidents the B's & pun intended got as angry as a bear when Horts got whacked! I think they learned that no obstacle was too big to overcome!
    Good one Nite, I totally forgot about Bergey getting decked. Randy Jones, Matt Cooke, the Vancouver Canucks ... the list is growing of NHL characters that I can't stand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Boston's team definitely had more resolve but I think having a pest with talent like a Marchand (whether you like his style of play or not) added to their resolve and gave them swagger.  I give him credit for giving Boston an extra edge to their game.  I love the way he plays although I agree he sometimes goes over the edge.  A lot of teams that have won have had a guy similar to Marchand.  Examples are Claude Lemieux, Esa Tikannen and Dave Bolland.  I agree that he needs to tone down the stupid stuff a little so he does not become a Sean Avery.  I think he can as he matures a little (it was his rookie season).  If he can play on the edge without going over too often, his skills and tenaciousness make him a very valuable player as he already showed in the Finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Well; I didn't mean to omit your point where nobody else jumped in either; but I consider myself a "tough hockey player" I'm a goalie which means I'm not all there to begin with; which means there's some toughness. That's why I got so po'd at watching Marchand do that & Henrik did NOTHING! I couldn't fathom the thought of a man doing that to another man where there wasn't even a sign of a pulse until the referee came around! I know 99.9 % of the NHL players could probably destroy me in a fight; but I will tell you this much! NOT ONE OF THEM would ever get away scott free of punching me in the face ONCE; let alone 4x! I'd probably get hit 10 more x's depending on who was punching; but I'd be be swinging back before I went down! That whole incident boggles my mind. I really wish someone would've ask Henrik what was going thru his mind at that point.

nite - I hear you.  My guess is Sedin was trying to draw a penalty.  His club must have been thinking "What the..?" when one wasn't called.  I don't think I read anything from Sedin on the subject.  Who knows?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Sedins getting in a fight is right up there with the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot and aliens, you never see it. I think Henriks biggest worry was that his gloves might fall off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Sedins are whimpy, but that's not their biggest problem.  They just can't rise to the challenge.  They rack up points against the league's weakes division but struggle against high end D.  They did nothing against Weber/Suter and nothing against Chara/Seidenberg.  It has little to do with nationality, though I do agree the Sedins seemed to play the game like soccer, diving and faking.  Arguing that they are weak because they are Euro when they were bested by a Euro defensive pair is not a sound foundation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Yeah, I'd say the Canucks underestimated the Bruins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNdaGCAjx0
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

ROFL

It's an easy save for me!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Yeah, I'd say the Canucks underestimated the Bruins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNdaGCAjx0
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

This is an instant classic!  Hilarious!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where is Pauly?

Did he get eaten up?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : ROFL It's an easy save for me!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Oh, hilarious

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thinks the C's were shocked when the Bruins blew them out of period 2, Game 3.  After the Horton assassination, the B's were visibly shaken.  It seemed like at that point the annointed Canucks would win the close games we were hoping the B's would win, win the OT games, and even beat the B's up.  They were pretty cocky at that point.

After the B's smoked them in the second period and continued it in Game 4, it felt like that Blackhawks' series all over again.  That swagger was instantly replaced with terror.  As the B's kept hitting them, the more they ran. Luongo just melted.  You could see that team that was overwhelmed by Chicago in their games 4-6 was back on the ice and the B's had a chance.

What an absolute smarmy puss that Luongoal is.

And while I agree today's Euro isnt an automatic softie, the Sisters did nothing to contradict the stereotype of the soccer soft weinies who fold under pressure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Give me 30 days notice and I'll meet you anywhere in Canada you want. This is not a f###ing spelling B.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Just saw this threat.  Buying me a soda, are ya tough guy?

You make a moron of yourself on here and its the misspelling part that upsets you the most?  You should have tried playing the game instead of just talking about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I thinks the C's were shocked when the Bruins blew them out of period 2, Game 3.  After the Horton assassination, the B's were visibly shaken.  It seemed like at that point the annointed Canucks would win the close games we were hoping the B's would win, win the OT games, and even beat the B's up.  They were pretty cocky at that point. After the B's smoked them in the second period and continued it in Game 4, it felt like that Blackhawks' series all over again.  That swagger was instantly replaced with terror.  As the B's kept hitting them, the more they ran. Luongo just melted.  You could see that team that was overwhelmed by Chicago in their games 4-6 was back on the ice and the B's had a chance. What an absolute smarmy puss that Luongoal is. And while I agree today's Euro isnt an automatic softie, the Sisters did nothing to contradict the stereotype of the soccer soft weinies who fold under pressure.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

The Bruins also demonstrated to the rest of the league how to effectively neutralize these guys. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The sisters : Just saw this threat.  Buying me a soda, are ya tough guy? You make a moron of yourself on here and its the misspelling part that upsets you the most?  You should have tried playing the game instead of just talking about it.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Careful.  He'll eat you up.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha