The Solution to Boring Hockey:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Solution to Boring Hockey:

In Response to Re: The Solution to Boring Hockey::
    [QUOTE]I agree Dez, but there's a lot of politics in women's hockey, especially at the National level, and most of it revolves around the way the sport should best go ahead and solidify itself as a sport. There were even lots of people who were choked at Wickenheiser for going to play in that men's league instead of playing women's hockey and making those leagues better. It's very political, and that's what theywere referring too about this maybe hurting Riggs' shot.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

No one cares about women playing hockey, just like no one cares about women playing football, baseball or basketball (minus NCAA).

Most people don't even care about hockey. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Back to the original subject:

Terrible idea.  Blocking shots is a fine play.  If the shooters would lift the puck or learn to hold it or learn to fake it, this would be no issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Back to the original subject: Terrible idea.  Blocking shots is a fine play.  If the shooters would lift the puck or learn to hold it or learn to fake it, this would be no issue.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    It used to be a no-no to leave your feet to block a shot for this exact reason. If you're going to leave your feet you'd better make sure you block the shot. We spent hours in high school practicing how to do it properly. Timing is everything. The whole idea of banning some types of shot blocking seems way too gimmicky for my tastes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

For me it's the first coach/team that has success with an offensive system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution to Boring Hockey: : No one cares about women playing hockey, just like no one cares about women playing football, baseball or basketball (minus NCAA). Most people don't even care about hockey. 

I care about women's hockey but that's a result of my wife and 2 of my girls playing the sport plus we know a few women that play at a high level so I've seen what some of these chicks can do up close and I'm impressed. Can they play at NHL level? Nope.

Last June I had a meeting right after the B's won the cup and I walked in with my
    SC Champs hat which prompted some discussion. Of the 15 or so people there I was the only fan. Only a couple of them even knew the B's had won the cup. Most of them loked the hat though. So you're right....most people probably couldn't give a rats a$$ about hockey. Sad, really.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Back to the original subject: Terrible idea.  Blocking shots is a fine play.  If the shooters would lift the puck or learn to hold it or learn to fake it, this would be no issue.

100% agree. I've played D most of my adult life and it's about the only thing I'm still good at!