The Solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Solution

All winter long, all we could read about was PMD PMD PMD PMD PMD.

Well, they got one.

Now what?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: The Solution

You are correct NAS.  If you are referring to the need for a mobile defenseman.  I believe you did not like the term PMD as well.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

All winter long and the past fewyears as well I said not Kaberle, but I said a game breaker and a PMD as well.

The cost was again too high to get the game breaker, but we got Kaberle.

I have not been disatisfied with his play though, he has been moving the puck and the 30 sec shift rule has not applied to him and he has not made the D suffer because of it. 

We have not been scoring on the PP, but I also see that it is better with a few different looks, Rec and Berg are no longer on the point, which is also good. When they realize setting up for the bomb is not going to work unless they open this up with other options like taking it to the net or using the wingers at side for one timers the PP will start to click.

When Fer and or Kamp are ready the D will be better again. If clod can figure out the right line combinations and get unglued from using Thorn instead of Pail or Seg, we should be ready for a long playoff run.

P.S.
    We have 1 game left in Canada at TO and hopefully none in the playoffs because that is when Chara will likely get arrested by the Habs Special Police to try and throw the B's off.

And hopefully, the Refs back off the B's with the bullshiite calls of late and Big Joe's 2 cents against the B's does not influence the opposite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't know what you mean...or what you're asking?

Kaberle wasn't my first choice, but are you saying we shouldn't have gotten him? Or that he's not made them noticabely better?

Maybe so, but as far as asking 'what now'?  Well, what's doen is done, no other otpions, let play it out and see what happens...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As far as improving the PP he has but unfortunately it's been like some of the conference basketball games today when a big basket is needed. "no you take it, no you, I don't want to take let mikey try it."

Tonight Kaberle as usual does a great job keeping the puck in the offensive zone during the first PP tonight and no one creates enough space to get off a good shot off. Is that Tomas's fault ? I don't think so

Now what ? Ryder, Peverley, Siedenberg, Chara, Bergeron, Recchi, Boychuk and Krejci need to work on their spacing and onetimers is what I think "Now what ?" means...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have to say aloud what I've been wondering, how is it possible a guy that good isn't having more effect?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It's simple, we werent a pmd away.  No matter how hard the homers hoped we were a guy away, it just isn't the case.  We need a real point producer, we have a very good line in krejci's crew, bergy is a very good center, and everyone else is just another guy (most of which are overpaid).  We are missing another real scoring threat to play with bergy and marchand, but that guy has to be a huge powerplay presence.  Someone who can either play the half wall like savvy and control the tempo of the pp or a hound around the net.  We need a top tier point producer, goal scorer in particular.

The problem is we pay way too many guys who don't let goals in when they're on the ice, but won't score either.  Time to lose this illusion that we can roll the chris kelly and paille's to produce enough to beat playoff competitors. 

Same with peverly, he doesn't do anything, and loses as many battles as seguin does, but we know why for seguin.

Missing ingredient = elite level offensive skill (it's either a lack of talent, or mindset aka coaching and gm style, you be the judge).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: The Solution:
    [QUOTE]It's simple, we werent a pmd away.  No matter how hard the homers hoped we were a guy away, it just isn't the case.  We need a real point producer, we have a very good line in krejci's crew, bergy is a very good center, and everyone else is just another guy (most of which are overpaid).  We are missing another real scoring threat to play with bergy and marchand, but that guy has to be a huge powerplay presence.  Someone who can either play the half wall like savvy and control the tempo of the pp or a hound around the net.  We need a top tier point producer, goal scorer in particular. The problem is we pay way too many guys who don't let goals in when they're on the ice, but won't score either.  Time to lose this illusion that we can roll the chris kelly and paille's to produce enough to beat playoff competitors.  Same with peverly, he doesn't do anything, and loses as many battles as seguin does, but we know why for seguin. Missing ingredient = elite level offensive skill (it's either a lack of talent, or mindset aka coaching and gm style, you be the judge).
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Eastern Conference finals would be a success, actually a great success.  This team is just not good enought to win the cup, and that is what everyone wants. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As some of you might remember from the 1998 Olympics, slapshots don't win games.  The new powerplay is "move around enough to get enough room for a slapshot."  Everyone knows it, everyone expects it, and everyone stops it (except the woeful Islanders once).

Great, the B's have a real PMD.  All the hype of the PMD.  What good has it done?  All I read about what the great puck moving defenseman who can pass out of the zone, who can start the breakout properly.  What good has that done?  We're the impressive benefit to the PMD?  (Don't bother telling me that Kaberle isn't a good one...the guy can certainly skate and pass and conduct a powerplay.)

So now what? (Thanks SanDog)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]As some of you might remember from the 1998 Olympics, slapshots don't win games.  The new powerplay is "move around enough to get enough room for a slapshot."  Everyone knows it, everyone expects it, and everyone stops it (except the woeful Islanders once). Great, the B's have a real PMD.  All the hype of the PMD.  What good has it done?  All I read about what the great puck moving defenseman who can pass out of the zone, who can start the breakout properly.  What good has that done?  We're the impressive benefit to the PMD?  (Don't bother telling me that Kaberle isn't a good one...the guy can certainly skate and pass and conduct a powerplay.) So now what? (Thanks SanDog)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Now what?  Its too late.  They needed more than Kaberle.  Have to wait for the offseason to get what they need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

NAS, if you play a prevent style and come so deep into your own zone and play dump and chase on offense, Bobby Orr himself couldn't be enough of a PMD to drag this team to generate offense. 

You have the PP covered to a T, slapshot city from a million feet out, doubt ryan miller will have problems with saving those.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Well, they won 7 in a row... And now they've lost a few.  Big deal.  I'm sure the whole Chara-Pacioretty incident has gotten into a few player's heads.  A little soon to start jumping off the ol' bandwagon, isn't it NAS?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kaberle isn't the problem. I don't care if you have Bourque and Coffey working the point on the power play, when the forward line in Ryder-Kelly-Recchi, it's not very powerful.
    Puck moving defensemen only helps when he's moving the puck to quality players. Krejci,Horton,Lucic only ones performing right now.

Marchand= invisible, fighting the puck.
    Bergeron = he's where Krejci was a month ago. Non factor. .
    Recchi= brought down that whole line.Father time has arrived.
    Paille= doesn't belong on the roster
    Thornton= we need him for next game vs MTL in case Roman Hamrlik acts up. (sarcasm)
    Seguin= being scratched for Daniel Paille. Not exactly how we envisioned it when he was drafted # 2 overall. If he isn't getting a chance to play because you feel Paille helps your team more, then he should be in juniors progressing his game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

puck moving dman in Clods system = d pass to d back to d to d to d to d, then maybe forward, or skate it to red line for dump in while the other team has 5 guys back. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle isn't the problem. I don't care if you have Bourque and Coffey working the point on the power play, when the forward line in Ryder-Kelly-Recchi, it's not very powerful. Puck moving defensemen only helps when he's moving the puck to quality players. Krejci,Horton,Lucic only ones performing right now. Marchand= invisible, fighting the puck. Bergeron = he's where Krejci was a month ago. Non factor. . Recchi= brought down that whole line.Father time has arrived. Paille= doesn't belong on the roster Thornton= we need him for next game vs MTL in case Roman Hamrlik acts up. (sarcasm) Seguin= being scratched for Daniel Paille. Not exactly how we envisioned it when he was drafted # 2 overall. If he isn't getting a chance to play because you feel Paille helps your team more, then he should be in juniors progressing his game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Great analysis!  You don't even get to the awful play of Bartkowski, Boychuk and McQuaid.  Imagine where this team would be WITHOUT Kaberle right now? He is not playing an elite level right now but he is solid on the blue line and much better than AM and JB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Well, they won 7 in a row... And now they've lost a few.  Big deal.  I'm sure the whole Chara-Pacioretty incident has gotten into a few player's heads.  A little soon to start jumping off the ol' bandwagon, isn't it NAS?
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Well, I've never been on the bandwagon.  I'm a Bruins fan win or lose.  Seven in a row doesn't mean that much when you lose the following four.

As I watch the team continue to fail on the powerplay and continue to fail at four-on-four, I'd like some of the PMD boys to come on and tell me how it's working out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : Well, I've never been on the bandwagon.  I'm a Bruins fan win or lose.  Seven in a row doesn't mean that much when you lose the following four. As I watch the team continue to fail on the powerplay and continue to fail at four-on-four, I'd like some of the PMD boys to come on and tell me how it's working out.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS,

correct me if I am wrong but didnt you start a thread about our PMD passing ability on the PP and how sweet it was to have a guy that could move the puck?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : Great analysis!  You don't even get to the awful play of Bartkowski, Boychuk and McQuaid.  Imagine where this team would be WITHOUT Kaberle right now? He is not playing an elite level right now but he is solid on the blue line and much better than AM and JB.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Bartkowski is a joke (this season), McQuaid is looking worse and worse each game and Boychuk is showing why he wasn't in the NHL until he was 26.

With those three making up 50% of the defense team, there is no long postseason coming.  After watching these guys bumble their way to loss after loss, can anyone tell me how bad Andrew Ference is?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : NAS, correct me if I am wrong but didnt you start a thread about our PMD passing ability on the PP and how sweet it was to have a guy that could move the puck?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yes I did!  After the first game, it looked BEAUTIFUL.  If that sort of stuff had continued, I'd still be riding high on that plain.

It hasn't.  We haven't seen anything like that since Game #1.  Since that game, they've done nothing more than set up the big cannon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its pretty easy to play the one time pass to Chara.  Wanna know something.  I don't think Chara should be on the 1st unit.  Seids and Kaberle would be my 1st pairing.  Chara does not have the puck skill to be a QB.  Seids and Kaberle both have skating/vision that Chara doesnt.  It hasnt worked all year with him back there.  Throw it around, set up the one timer and he misses the net.  Makes a nice big noise.  But produces nothing. 
    I would have Krejci/Lucic/Horton/Kaberle/Seids as my 1st unit. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what you mean...or what you're asking? Kaberle wasn't my first choice, but are you saying we shouldn't have gotten him? Or that he's not made them noticabely better? Maybe so, but as far as asking 'what now'?  Well, what's doen is done, no other otpions, let play it out and see what happens...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

True enough.

But what I was afraid of has come to pass. We gave up a 1st, 2 2nds , a 3rd, Colborne, Wheeler and Stuart.

The choices don't mean anything right now, but who knows down the road.

Wheeler, Stuart and Colborne could have been used over the summer or by the next deadline to get something better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]As far as improving the PP he has but unfortunately it's been like some of the conference basketball games today when a big basket is needed. "no you take it, no you, I don't want to take let mikey try it." Tonight Kaberle as usual does a great job keeping the puck in the offensive zone during the first PP tonight and no one creates enough space to get off a good shot off. Is that Tomas's fault ? I don't think so Now what ? Ryder, Peverley, Siedenberg, Chara, Bergeron, Recchi, Boychuk and Krejci need to work on their spacing and onetimers is what I think "Now what ?" means...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree..the  PP units simply don't move the puck fast enough to get the opposing d running around and make mistakes. Look at Habs and Wings  for example , these teams make you pay on the PP..Why? deft passing, puck is on the stick for about a second , tick , tac, toe and its in your net...
    Bruins forwards are too stationary and don't move around a lot and there is no net presence..PP is too predictable..Everyone knows they are setting up Big Z for the bomb.. unfortunately he isn't that accurate a shot...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : True enough. But what I was afraid of has come to pass. We gave up a 1st, 2 2nds , a 3rd, Colborne, Wheeler and Stuart. The choices don't mean anything right now, but who knows down the road. Wheeler, Stuart and Colborne could have been used over the summer or by the next deadline to get something better.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

And if PC did NOTHING we'd be screaming at that. So it's a catch 22 for him. We cried for that PMD & got him. We cried for more speed, more grit & improve in the center position to replace Savvy. Most of us thought he did that. I actually think this is the perfect time for the team to go thru this adversity! These are the things that brings a team closer & play better. IF they fall flat on their face & go out in round 1. It'll be another trade/not re-sign & fire summer thread all over again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I know its easy to x and o's when it comes to PP.  I mean you look at the talent washington has and their PP has been absolutely brutal  no way with that talent should it be that bad.

Sections
Shortcuts