The Solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: The Solution

so using your logic you won't support the bruins until they win a cup? sounds like a fair weather fan to me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: The Solution:
    [QUOTE]so using your logic you won't support the bruins until they win a cup? sounds like a fair weather fan to me
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're addressing me or BB w/this post, but neither of us said we'd only support the B;s if they win the Cup.

Heck, I'd call it progress if they get out of the 2nd round. But there's a diff. between "supporting" a team blindly despite their failures and having a critical response b/c you want them to do better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : I'm pretty sure BB would be happy as a pig in sh*t if the Bruins won the Cup. I don't want to speak for him, but as a fellow Bruins fan who's also sick of the 4-decade drought, I'd rather have this team win and be wrong than continue to be right and have them lose.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  If you can't tell by my comments, I know the game very well, played it growing up and still remain a fan, albeit a tempered one now.

If I wasn't I wouldn;t have had the NHL Center Ice package for years living out of market.

You can be objective, annoyed and still be a fan.

Like I said, I'd be the first one to come here and congratulate Chiarelli and his staff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : A few years back i grew a set of long sideburns and my wife said " oh my god your turning into Neil Young " , hilarious.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Heh.

Just watch what you are doing around the grill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Living in the past then comparing Ainge a Basketball GM, Belichick a football GM and then Theo Epstien to Chiarelli showed me nothing as did mentioning Lou Lamoriello it took 8 years after Lou was appointed GM of the Devils to win the cup plus being awarded Scott Stevens in a contract ruling by the NHL not by trade or drafting that made sweet Lou. I never compared PC to Lamoriello but thanks for making a fool of yourself by comparing.

Keep living in the past BB, back track on Chiarelli being on the hot seat next season when you implied he is on the hot seat now and do what you do best compare apples n Oranges by comparing GMs from different sports to each other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

BB,so you'll bash PC/bruins until they win a cup....then congratulate when they win?  this the stupidest thing i've ever heard. if this is not textbook fairweather fan speak, then i don't know what is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Solution:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution :  I'm a week or so away from shaving my winter beard but maybe I'll keep the sideburns super-long to get the mojo moving in the right direction again... Who else is in?? C'mon--show your Chops for the B's!Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I can't tell you how bad I've looked with my Elvis wannabe admiration but I wish you the best good luck with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Living in the past then comparing Ainge a Basketball GM, Belichick a football GM and then Theo Epstien to Chiarelli showed me nothing as did mentioning Lou Lamoriello it took 8 years after Lou was appointed GM of the Devils to win the cup plus being awarded Scott Stevens in a contract ruling by the NHL not by trade or drafting that made sweet Lou. I never compared PC to Lamoriello but thanks for making a fool of yourself by comparing. Keep living in the past BB, back track on Chiarelli being on the hot seat next season when you implied he is on the hot seat now and do what you do best compare apples n Oranges by comparing GMs from different sports to each other.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right, understanding how to draft, allocate $$ and be put into a position to win aren't concepts that can cross over into other cap leagues.

lol

You sure showed me. 

It took Lamoriello 8 years?  Hmm, I thought it was 7, but that's pretty good from the ground up.

It's a lot better than 40.  WHy does NJ even have a hockey team and why are they winning Cups as we sit here sucking our thumbs?

At least he got there and at least he drafted Brodeur, shrewdly acquired Scott Stevens, amongst a whole host of other repeated moves that worked well in the formula.

Lamiorello also has a great track record/resume why Chiarelli never did. But, don't let the facts get in the way.

As did Ken Holland.  We could name a slew of successful GMS.

Chia has a lot to prove. Period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]BB,so you'll bash PC/bruins until they win a cup....then congratulate when they win?  this the stupidest thing i've ever heard. if this is not textbook fairweather fan speak, then i don't know what is.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

No, I'll get excited when they actually reach a Cup Finals.  Otherwise, it's pretty pointless to raise any expectations.

What are you, 12 years old?

How is this "bashing"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

BB, I continue to tell you that your Danny Ainge comparison is a bad one, yet you continually use it. The NBA has a soft cap and it's a completely different league where players can come in at lower salaries or fixed mid-level exceptions. Additionally, like we saw the Bosh and Lebron fiasco, players can pick where they want to play and there's only 3-4 top level players per team. Try that in hockey where you need 17-18 good players instead of basketball when you need 10 at the most.

It's an apples to oranges comparison. Compare it to a rebuilding hockey franchise and see what you get. Problem is, it doesn't fit your agenda. Hating CJ, PC and Jacobs and hoping somehow your hatred will ride them out of town. 

If the Kessel drafting, using, and sending him to Toronto isn't the definition of a good GM job, I don't know what is. 

BB and Try to Bear It - You can be objective, passionate, and angry fans while still supporting your team. It just seems silly to me to rail about how horrible the coach is (when the team's record and stats are top tier), how horrible the coach is (winning in spite of him), and how bad the players are, then turn around and cheer for them if they win.

Sure it's hedging your bets but what's the point - so you're never disappointed and you can say I told you so when they lose?  

I'm not advocating blindly supporting it, but it's clear you have not liked the product for quite some time. If you think a product is crap and don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple. No one is forcing you to watch the games or follow it (and BB, I don't want to hear how you haven't been to games, you watch it and therefore support it). When I don't like something, I usually stop paying attention to it, rather than let it annoy me (Red Sox last season). You don't have to root for the Bruins, there's more to life than watching sports that make you angry.

There is plenty of objectivity on this board but there is also a ton of outright negativity here and its pretty boring. Yes, CJ, PC, and the players are all horrible after a loss but crickets afterward or "it was a win but it wasn't a good win" carp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I know I did your sweet Lou inherited the 88' conference finalists so he didn't start from scratch neither did Holland, lobbied John Ziegler for Scott Stevens not through a shrewd trade as you suggest and Lou's only track record was the  Hockey East so the move by then owner of the Devils was widely believed at the time of the hiring to be shaky. Please do try to keep up this isn't the Patriots nor the Red Sox board where money allocation is differen't because of the CAP differences in all sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : I can't tell you how bad I've looked with my Elvis wannabe admiration but I wish you the best good luck with that.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

One day w/chops and the wife will give me an ultimatum anyway.

"But honey, it's to support the B's!"  I'd say.

"You wanna support the B's or get some action where it counts?" she'd reply.

B's lose ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]BB, I continue to tell you that your Danny Ainge comparison is a bad one, yet you continually use it. The NBA has a soft cap and it's a completely different league where players can come in at lower salaries or fixed mid-level exceptions. Additionally, like we saw the Bosh and Lebron fiasco, players can pick where they want to play and there's only 3-4 top level players per team. Try that in hockey where you need 17-18 good players instead of basketball when you need 10 at the most. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Compare it to a rebuilding hockey franchise and see what you get. Problem is, it doesn't fit your agenda. Hating CJ, PC and Jacobs and hoping somehow your hatred will ride them out of town.  If the Kessel drafting, using, and sending him to Toronto isn't the definition of a good GM job, I don't know what is.  BB and Try to Bear It - You can be objective, passionate, and angry fans while still supporting your team. It just seems silly to me to rail about how horrible the coach is (when the team's record and stats are top tier), how horrible the coach is (winning in spite of him), and how bad the players are, then turn around and cheer for them if they win. Sure it's hedging your bets but what's the point - so you're never disappointed and you can say I told you so when they lose?   I'm not advocating blindly supporting it, but it's clear you have not liked the product for quite some time. If you think a product is crap and don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple. No one is forcing you to watch the games or follow it (and BB, I don't want to hear how you haven't been to games, you watch it and therefore support it). When I don't like something, I usually stop paying attention to it, rather than let it annoy me (Red Sox last season). You don't have to root for the Bruins, there's more to life than watching sports that make you angry. There is plenty of objectivity on this board but there is also a ton of outright negativity here and its pretty boring. Yes, CJ, PC, and the players are all horrible after a loss but crickets afterward or "it was a win but it wasn't a good win" carp.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

nrguy-

I think that's a very unfair interpretation of what I've been saying.

1) I have problems w/Julien's treatment of Seguin (not playing him nearly enuff), and of Rask (same thing; now he's cold and nervous when he does start and it shows), but if you've read my past posts I have ALSO said the CJ is probably the right coach for a team that is soft on offense and so must rely on a  strong defense to win games. His defensive scheme does work and the #'s (GAA) shows it. So I'm not just "bashing the coach."
    2) As for PC, I don't know how many times I can say it: I like what he's done this season. The moves he made were the best we could expect given what he had to deal and he held on to the Tor. pick which--hopefully--will yield a good draft pick as long as the Leafs don't make the playoffs.

But it is ALSO true that PC needs to be held to a standard of playoff success. That is true of ANY GM in ANY SPORT. And the facts are that since he's been on board (admittedly not that long) the B's have been no better than 2nd round road kill. That's simply not good enough and it doesn't make me any less of a fan than you to want to see more.

You make the point that if you don't like a product you choose not to watch, and you abandoned the Red Sox last year for that reason. That makes NO SENSE at all. If you are a fan of the Red Sox (or Bruins or whoever) you watch and assess and have a right to your opinion. I kept w/that Red Sox team last season b/c they were a scrappy bunch that hung in there for most of the season despite the worst run of injuries I've ever seen any team absorb in one season....and I stick w/the Bruins until the final buzzer ends on their season NO MATTER WHAT....but for heaven's sake I don't see how criticizing CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE TEAM...whether it be coaching or GM or owner, makes you a "bad fan." Do we really have to be waving the pom-poms 24/7 to be considered "real fans"? 

Shouldn't the standard instead be sticking with them from start to finish each season, as I have done every year since I was 5 years old? If that doesn't make me a fan I don;t know what does. Being critical and expecting success is any fan's right....I'd like to think you can agree w/me on that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fact: The NFL draft, salary cap and scouting is nothing like the NHL that is why Belichick could not be a GM in the NHL so there's no comparison.

Fact: The MLB draft, salary cap and scouting is nothing like the NHL that is why Epstein could not be a GM in the NHL so there's no comparison.

Fact: The NBA draft, salary cap and scouting is nothing like the NHL that is why Ainge could not be a GM in the NHL so there's no comparison.

More apples compared to oranges oh one more...

Fact: Anyone who went to an ECAC school would know the above information. Gosh this is fun "report that".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, with the B's acquiring the #1 PMD, where are all of the "PMD NEEDED" boys and when are they going to tell us how the solution is working out so far?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]So, with the B's acquiring the #1 PMD, where are all of the "PMD NEEDED" boys and when are they going to tell us how the solution is working out so far?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You've got upwards of 75 posts here respomding to the same question you asked at top and are asking now? I went back and looked at most and saw some pretty darn good answers....plus, here's what you said at one point:

After the first game, it looked BEAUTIFUL.  If that sort of stuff had continued, I'd still be riding high on that plain. It hasn't.  We haven't seen anything like that since Game #1.  Since that game they've done nothing more than set up the big cannon.

Well since that 1st game Kampfer (the other PMD) and Ference (who you acknowledge they also need for pure D) have been out...so that's part of the reason for the nose dive....but the bigger reason is this: Kaberle alone was never going to make this team elite. He was simply the best PC could expect to get. I don't feel like typing my whole post again so I'll just c&p and maybe this will spell it out if you bother to read it:

Kaberle alone was never going to be the answer. The Bruins are short that point-getter on BOTH offense and defense, but you know--point that out here and you get slammed.

I liked PC's moves but I also said they weren't enuff to improve the B's to the point where they'd get to the conference finals....now it looks as if they could b a very swift 1st rd. exit.

The point on needing more than one very good PMD is underscored by how badly this team has played w/out a healthy Kampfer--the only other legitimate PMD they have. You certainly need more than ONE PMD on your team to be successful, and having more than two greatly increases the chance for success.

The loss of Ference (NOT a PMD, but an underrated presence) also has been a big blow for this team as of late, but to say getting ONE PMD at trade deadline was somehow a foolish move or is the reason the team has been playing like dog s*it is to miss the point: which is that the Bruins have been lacking elite goal-scorers/ppoint producers on both O and D for some time and will continue to struggle until they get them.

And can Julien PLEASE just freaking let Seguin play the d*mn game already??? AS if they could be ANY WORSE without him right now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This NRGuy couldn't be more irrational.  

I am commenting on the present. Right now, Boston has lost 4 in a row and plays poorly at home.

I don't know why this is, but it's a concern.  Other concerns remain their special teams and ability to score against good teams.

If you cannot admit this as an issue, you have serious problems as a homer.

It's beyond fair to state a premise that says what Chiarelli has built is on him and how Julien leads the team is on him.

For anyone to dispute this as some sort of invalid opinion or analysis is clearly a homer beyond all recognition.

Good grief.

You say one thing with some semblance of sense and reality here and some fans act like you're crazy and have no clue what you are talking about simply because they fear what the truth COULD be (blowing another season without a legit playoff run).

Finally, for the fans who think cap leagues and their ideologies vary so much they can't be compared, you are flat out incorrect.

I already mentioned basketball being easier, the NFL being the most difficult.

But, that means the NHL is somewhere in between. You need a goalie, a #1 D Man and a #1 Center.

From there, you fill in the roster and they main key is the allocation of funds.

Clearly, this is vital. Not debatable.   The allocation of the money is absolutely crucial and this is the connection between ANY cap league, especially ones with larger rosters like the NFL and the NHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Solution : Some people don't get it BB.   adkbeesfan is actually 8 years old.  "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against the Bruins" - a lot of folks here post in the hope that they will be hired to skate with the Bs ice girls or score free tix from team. The Sox, Pats, and Cs have won championships in recent years, and anyone has the right to see what's working and what's not with them.  Same as the Bs.  Last year has no bearing on this year.   
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. These boards are littered with homers who can't see straight or irrational fans.

Very few in between.

Funny how my first post on this thread was something as simple as "do you think the team was overconfident after winning 7 in a row?"

How dare I ask that, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

BB...why are you still here? i thought you would only start to pull for the B's when they make the finals? FAIR WEATHER FAN. PERIOD. you are the definition of the word. or perhaps glory grabber would fit. wait til the very end, then jump in and say "i knew they could do it"? i'm very sorry the bruins have hurt you so badly over the years, and it affects your life so negatively. move on and root for someone else that won't "dissapoint" you so much- you do know this is only entertainment, right? to take it as anything more is childish- and by the way the bruins lose just to pis* you off    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It doesn't affect my life at all.  It's disappointing they pretty much corner the market on mediocre play for 40 years, but it doesn't affect my life.

Apparently, a different view other than your own affects yours.

When I come to this home page and I see that fan with his hands to his face from Game 7's collapse last year against Philly, I think of fans like you.

Sad, really.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if it doesn't affect you why do you continually bring it up(flyers)? it's obviously something that affected your life, if your still talking about it a year later.you are bipolar my friend. if i remember correctly a week or two ago you had plenty of positive things to say about the bruins(they won 7 in a row). now that they lost a few, this team and the coaches are terrible. thats called being a fair weather fan. i am no homer, just someone that enjoys watching nhl hockey, and the bruins are the team i'm pulling for. by the way of the 3 pro sports teams i root for none have won in my time being a fan....i am 36 years old and not at all bitter because of it. why? it's entertainment- and it has zero affect on my life- take a lesson    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Because you seem confused why a Bruins fan would temper the expectations or excitement.

I, and likely many others, many of whom who simply dropped the Bruins altogether after years of the Jacobs model failing, find your inability to understand this view as beyond strange.

You can't accept the fact that some fans will believe it when they actually SEE IT.

WHen they get to a Conf. Final or preferably a SC Final, then they will at least have progressed.

Get it?

Everything else is pointless if the journey ends where it always does. The idea is to win not to watch hockey with no desire to see them win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

One last statement:

This problem they have at home is a MAJOR issue and I don't know what their problem is.

The only thing I can think of is they do so well as a road team, they come out with less effort at home.

They have to fix this and the special teams before the playoffs start.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i get it...it's a coping mechanism. don't want to get your hopes up, just to be let down.  is it pointless to simply enjoy the game? did you not read the fact that i've NEVER enjoyed a champoinship, with any team i pull for? don't give ME tempering anything! i'm champoinship starved...if anyone should be spewing negative statements it's me. but i don't because its really has zero impact on my life- whether the b's win or lose, i will still get up everyday and do my best to lead a good life. your getting worked up over millionaires playing a game, think about it, millionaires playing a game-