The Straw in Toronto is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Straw in Toronto is...

Joffrey Lupul, not Phil Kessel.  Since Lupul's arrival, both of these guys have been point/game players, with Lupul and percentage points better scorer.  When the Laffs cacked out in 2012, they missed the playoffs because they went 5-11 without Lupul to close the season.  In those games, Kessel had 4 goals and 7 assists, and was -8: all significantly worse than his full season numbers.  In 2013, one of the big reasons people said Toronto could and would beat Boston in last year's playoffs was the return of a healthy Lupul.

Every game of theirs I see, it's Lupul, not Kessel, who scores the tiemly goas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: The Straw in Toronto is...

Nice post Book. In last years playoffs against Toronto in Game 7 after the Leafs blew the lead and it went ito overtime Lupul had a very good scoring chance on Rask right off the bat. Rask had to make a tough save there or that ones over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Easily Pauly's best post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Gee, I wonder if Marco will respond to this thread?

Naw, probably not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Say something bad about Phaneuf, too.  And get Shupe's blood pressure up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joffrey Lupul, not Phil Kessel.  Since Lupul's arrival, both of these guys have been point/game players, with Lupul and percentage points better scorer.  When the Laffs cacked out in 2012, they missed the playoffs because they went 5-11 without Lupul to close the season.  In those games, Kessel had 4 goals and 7 assists, and was -8: all significantly worse than his full season numbers.  In 2013, one of the big reasons people said Toronto could and would beat Boston in last year's playoffs was the return of a healthy Lupul.

[/QUOTE]

100% agree with you. I hadn't made the performance connection between the 2, but from my seat, I'd take Lupul over Kessel in a heartbeat. The only knock against him is that he is injury prone. What a steel for Burkie on that trade. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Too bad for TO Lupul only plays half the year due to injuries....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE]

Naw, probably not. [/QUOTE]

The respnse will go like this..."I predictable the contact and iall af u wong!"

LoL

PS. Bud fans have already turned on Clarkson. Welcome Home!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LoL

PS. Bud fans have already turned on Clarkson. Welcome Home!

[/QUOTE]

+29

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I should have guessed you were one of his alter egos all along!  Brilliant!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Easily Pauly's best post.

[/QUOTE]

I inspired him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf only looks like he's playing well because, with the addition of Bernier, fewer of his mistakes end up as killer goals.  He only hits guys who are smaller than Chara.  The Leafs should re-sign him for 8 years at more than PK Subban gets this year - that would be a smart thing to do, sign him for a very long contract.  That's always smart.  Not as smart as if it's a goalie, but smart.

[There.  If that doesn't wake shupe up like a needle to Uma Thurman's heart, I don't know what will...oh!  wait!!]

Drouin is the next Daigle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf only looks like he's playing well because, with the addition of Bernier, fewer of his mistakes end up as killer goals.  He only hits guys who are smaller than Chara.  The Leafs should re-sign him for 8 years at more than PK Subban gets this year - that would be a smart thing to do, sign him for a very long contract.  That's always smart.  Not as smart as if it's a goalie, but smart.

[There.  If that doesn't wake shupe up like a needle to Uma Thurman's heart, I don't know what will...oh!  wait!!]

Drouin is the next Daigle.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, for sure one of his signature moves, that and glowering at non fighters and the occasional dust ups with his full body armour on. Is a wuss on all levels. The Leafs can have him at $7 mil a year and no i don't think teams will be lining up to pay him that much, other than the Flyers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You brought her here.  That means you're giving her the shot.  The day I bring an ODing biz to your place, I'll give her the shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree and I also have respect for Lupul.

Sections
Shortcuts