The Thornton Incident.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: The Thornton Incident.

I don't see 10 games, no way.  What's the precedent?  There isn't one.  I say 2-3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Pens fans tonight actually have the nerve to act like the Bruins are a dirty team LoL

Wait till someone hits a Bruin with Bobby Robins in the lineup. Tonight will look like a clean game LoL [/QUOTE]

Robins will jump the boards without his gloves if something happens.  That guy is a serious business badass.[/QUOTE]

If he ever came after me I would just run in front of a bus too get it over with instead of having too suffer.

[/QUOTE]

Hockey East kid, UMass-Lowell...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see 10 games, no way.  What's the precedent?  There isn't one.  I say 2-3

[/QUOTE]

I'm going with 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The Pens and other teams need to know that the B's can go off the charts sometimes.

Orpik crushed Eriksson, but wouldn't stand up for himself.  And Neal showed total intent to injure with the knee to Marchand's head.  And these teams don't play again for the rest of the season.

I appreciate what Thornton did.  It's doubly effective because normally he's not a sheap-shot artist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The optics are so bad on this one, that I see 20+ games coming. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good for Thornton and the Bruins - F*** Orpik and the d/bag pens. IT'S ABOUT TIME - it's enough taking shots at this team. I've seen enough head shots and hits with intent to injure against this team for a lifetime. Hockey play my azz.  Hey Brooks ... you want to play it like that, and then not have the ballz to stand up for yourself? Lights out for you buddy. Oh yeah ...since some like to throw this B S around all the time on this board ... hey they WON the game - so *S T F U*

[/QUOTE]

Yes yes and yes...not sure if any one here plays hockey but ...Orpik headhunted with shoulder and then the knee to Marchand head. Notice no more head shots after Thornton laid down law. Pacioretty is next for the Boychuck intent to injure...it's simple if you intentionally light someone up in hockey you fight so the other side has the opertunity (Canadian accent on the O) to light you up. Or pick tried to weasel out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bobby Robins shows what a hockey fight is supposed to look like.

Notice that his opponent isn't laying on his back after a slew foot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure his opponent didn't concussion his teammate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm going with 5

[/QUOTE]

As per Bob Mckenzie:

Nothing official yet but Thornton's hearing (which he said is happening) expected to be in person. That allows suspension of 6 or more games

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes yes and yes...not sure if any one here plays hockey but ...Orpik headhunted with shoulder and then the knee to Marchand head. Notice no more head shots after Thornton laid down law. Pacioretty is next for the Boychuck intent to injure...it's simple if you intentionally light someone up in hockey you fight so the other side has the opertunity (Canadian accent on the O) to light you up. Or pick tried to weasel out.

[/QUOTE]

Please explain how Orpik "headhunted with shoulder".

You're a soccer fan.  You sure do understand a violent game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Hopefully Orpik is able to grow from this experience and realize that you can't go around injuring people with impunity because you keep your gloves glued to your hands. I'm sure he'll be better for it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Shanahan is going to do what he has to do...Thornton has never been suspended... He will miss some games and justifiably .....You can't have this in the game period...I hope he doesn't overlook Neal's knee job on a defenceless player... There is no room in hockey for that either..that was BS...

What concerns me most of all, and all Bruins fans,  is Loui Eriksson and two  concussions in a matter of months... I am starting to see the Marc Savard story being retold in 2013 unfortunately... I hope I am wrong....Get well Loui!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like the commentary just prior to and during.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] Pens fans tonight actually have the nerve to act like the Bruins are a dirty team LoL

Wait till someone hits a Bruin with Bobby Robins in the lineup. Tonight will look like a clean game LoL [/QUOTE]

Robins will jump the boards without his gloves if something happens.  That guy is a serious business badass.[/QUOTE]

If he ever came after me I would just run in front of a bus too get it over with instead of having too suffer.[/QUOTE]

Hockey East kid, UMass-Lowell...[/QUOTE]

Joe Tully in Billerica...well when I was around before they moved to Tsongas in Lowell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] Pens fans tonight actually have the nerve to act like the Bruins are a dirty team LoL

If he ever came after me I would just run in front of a bus too get it over with instead of having too suffer.[/QUOTE]

Hockey East kid, UMass-Lowell...[/QUOTE]

Joe Tully in Billerica...well when I was around before they moved to Tsongas in Lowell.

[/QUOTE]

Tully is now the Chelmsford Forum, though it is still in Billerica.  Home of Jack Eichel.  Have you heard of this kid?  17 year-old just got the invite to the Team USA U20 camp, huge prospect, from what I have ready he could be #2 behind Connor McDavid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Was just announced on HNIC that Neal's getting a phone hearing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a bad play, but it's tough to prove intent.  We all know the intent was there, but it's impossible to prove he meant to do it.  My guess is that he'll get a game or three and a stern warning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Sportsnet is reporting that Neal will have a phone hearing on Monday... I think that is usually 3 or five games....Neal is a repeat offender.... Thorton to have in person hearing so 5 or more.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I imagine if Shanahan doesn't suspend Orpik he will break down the video as too why not.

Thanks Crowls I will check that out. I miss Mass High School hockey damn it!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=190752

The dangle!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a bad play, but it's tough to prove intent.  We all know the intent was there, but it's impossible to prove he meant to do it.  My guess is that he'll get a game or three and a stern warning.

[/QUOTE]

It was.  Right from the moment Crosby's trip of Marchand sent him to the ice seconds before Neal's knee.  Visually it looks intentional.  1-3 games sounds about right. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs

Shawn Thornton: "It was definitely awful. Its not what you want to see. Its not what anybody wants to see. Ive felt sick all gm" #BruinsTalk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What concerns me most of all, and all Bruins fans,  is Loui Eriksson and two  concussions in a matter of months... I am starting to see the Marc Savard story being retold in 2013 unfortunately... I hope I am wrong....Get well Loui!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is a real shame... he'll likely be out a while too.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/10100470/boston-bruins-loui-eriksson-second-concussion-5-weeks

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts