The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time?

Not to overlook the next two games, Florida and Tampa, but we do play the Thrashers again on Thursday. Obviously if you saw yesterday's game, you know this could be quite the battle. Even if Lucic serves a two game suspension, he will be back for this game! 

Question is, do we bring up mcgratton to make sure things don't get out of hand? Paille of course can sit. (no real loss there)

What do you guys think?

GO B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time?

I am going to take a realistic look and say no. 1. Paille played his best game of the season. 2. The Thrashers aren't a team full of goons (That kind of team I could McGrats coming up to play against... maybe). Atlanta is a very good skilled team. I see Little having to face off with someone for the scrap he forced with Savvy. I see a hard fought battle that the B's will be fired up for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time?:
    [QUOTE]I am going to take a realistic look and say no. 1. Paille played his best game of the season. 2. The Thrashers aren't a team full of goons (That kind of team I could McGrats coming up to play against... maybe). Atlanta is a very good skilled team. I see Little having to face off with someone for the scrap he forced with Savvy. I see a hard fought battle that the B's will be fired up for.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    I agree with everything.I think the first time we'll see McGratton will be for a Philly game.I was extra glad to see the dust-up because it gives Boston added incentive to really come out hard next Atlanta game instead of falling back into lazy habits after beating them easily.I won't be surprised if Lucic tries to throttle Little.I will be surprised if Little doesn't turtle.I also think Stewart needs to fight someone bigger than Ference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : I agree with everything.I think the first time we'll see McGratton will be for a Philly game.I was extra glad to see the dust-up because it gives Boston added incentive to really come out hard next Atlanta game instead of falling back into lazy habits after beating them easily.I won't be surprised if Lucic tries to throttle Little.I will be surprised if Little doesn't turtle.I also think Stewart needs to fight someone bigger than Ference.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if Stewart will have to answer the bell but I definitely think Little will have to. I will be surprised if he doesn't... I would love to see someone we don't normally/ expect to see fight these types of fights. That would send a bigger message I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

We will not see McGratton play for the Boston Bruins. Ever. Willing to take bets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]We will not see McGratton play for the Boston Bruins. Ever. Willing to take bets.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    That wouldn't surprise me either but if you're giving good enough odds I've got an extra toonie I'd be willing to wager.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DEZ, agree with most of your insight except that Stewart is tough enough to tangle with anyone, and mostly held on to Ference. I'll welcome another passion filled game. We can do away with the staged bouts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]DEZ, agree with most of your insight except that Stewart is tough enough to tangle with anyone, and mostly held on to Ference. I'll welcome another passion filled game. We can do away with the staged bouts.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yeah I couldnt even see where Ference got bloodied up. Stewart just pulled the jersey over his head and held him there like it was Big Bro vs Little Bro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

McGratton in the line up...Thornton cannot afford to fiight anymore ...we nned him to score goals

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : I agree with everything.I think the first time we'll see McGratton will be for a Philly game.I was extra glad to see the dust-up because it gives Boston added incentive to really come out hard next Atlanta game instead of falling back into lazy habits after beating them easily.I won't be surprised if Lucic tries to throttle Little.I will be surprised if Little doesn't turtle.I also think Stewart needs to fight someone bigger than Ference.

Little and Savard fought.  Savard dropped his gloves and fought.  If his melon can't take a few punches, he shouldn't be on the ice.  Little deserves no retribution. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he need to clear waivers before he can play for the Bruins? 

Now if Lucic does get a game or more they may be able to bring McGratton up on emergency recall as they would not have enough forwards to dress, if Marchant is still out, as this would leave them with only 11 forwards.  I would think that Caron would be the first player added thou.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he need to clear waivers before he can play for the Bruins?  Now if Lucic does get a game or more they may be able to bring McGratton up on emergency recall as they would not have enough forwards to dress, if Marchant is still out, as this would leave them with only 11 forwards.  I would think that Caron would be the first player added thou.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.  Great point.  This Bruins team has enough guys that will go.  They need victories, not an empty jersey with fists. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The last time PC pulled up an extra forward it was Arniel. Boston needs wins for playoff seeding not brawls and Lucic isn't going to get more than two games so he'll be back for the Atlanta game anyway.

McGratton should only be brought up for games against the Rangers, Penguins, Dallas because they have cheap shot artists that need to be policed.

"According to a team source, the Boston Bruins have agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract with forward Brian McGrattan, who was on a professional tryout with the team in training camp. Financial terms of the deal were not known yet but it is believed that McGrattan will be paid an AHL salary of $105,000 to prevent him from having to go through re-entry waivers."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My honest opinion on McGratton: The signing was kind of out of the blue. No one hear or anywhere thought the Bruins needed a pure brawler at the time of the signing. I genuinely believe PC had some extra spending money for Providence and gave a contract to a buddy of his, probably a good guy, from Ottawa, who was on his last legs in this league and battling serious personal issues, figuring he can't possibly hurt the P-Bruins. No harm to any party and PC gets to help out a guy who he likes and can keep up in the AHL.

PC has shown a lot of loyalty in his limited time as GM, especially for guys from the Sens organization/Ottawa area (Chara, Bochenski, Schaeffer, Julien, Savard, and I know I am forgetting another big one).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

If Lucic is suspended for a game or two, Caron should be brought back up.  He is next in line and was doing well previously.  Except he didn't score.  But that could change-- he got a hat trick in the pre-season, remember?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Forget the fighting. Move Shawn Thorton to the 1st line to play with Savard. This guys has shown that he can put the puck in the net. He is gritty and goes strong into the corners. He knows where to be on the ice. I would try him on the 1st or 2nd lline a few games to see ow he does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Forget the fighting. Move Shawn Thorton to the 1st line to play with Savard. This guys has shown that he can put the puck in the net. He is gritty and goes strong into the corners. He knows where to be on the ice. I would try him on the 1st or 2nd lline a few games to see ow he does.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe he's just been misused for his entire life.  Let's go ahead and find out halfway through a decent season when goals are coming slowly.  Who needs Lucic or Horton there anyway?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : Yeah, maybe he's just been misused for his entire life.  Let's go ahead and find out halfway through a decent season when goals are coming slowly.  Who needs Lucic or Horton there anyway?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Maybe he's not a 50 goal scorer because he just never got the chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : Maybe he's not a 50 goal scorer because he just never got the chance.
    Maybe he's never gotten the chance because je's not a 50 goal scorer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : Maybe he's never gotten the chance because je's not a 50 goal scorer
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    Sarcasm doesn't always come across when written.I'm well aware of Thornton's limitations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Does anyone know exactly what gesture Looch made to the Thrashers bench to get the extra fine?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know exactly what gesture Looch made to the Thrashers bench to get the extra fine?
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]
    I was wondering the same thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I'm not going to suggest moving Thornton up the lines, but one change I woundn't mind seeing is him getting some time on the 2nd PP unit.  Recchi is the only player now who reliably gets in front of the net, and I bet Thornton could do the same. Anything is better than seeing more players floating around the perimeter when a man up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thrashers on Thursday, is it McGratton time? : I was wondering the same thing.

In case you have not read about it by now...Looch gave them all the bird as he skated by the Atlanta bench!
    Doc

Sections
Shortcuts