The truth is we are lucky …

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

The truth is we are lucky …

That the series is tied at 2! The truth is the bruins haven’t played well in games 1, 2 & 4 as for game 3 the game was evenly played!

The way I see it, it could easily be 3-1 Tampa if not even 4-0 sweep for Tampa!

Time for the Bruins to wake up because they’re lucky to still be alive!

PS- I do believe the bruins can win the series I just hope they believe as well & Tim Thomas is at his best when people count him out (see Montreal series after game 2) Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: The truth is we are lucky …

In Response to The truth is we are lucky …:
    [QUOTE] Tim Thomas is at his best when people count him out (see Montreal series after game 2)
    Posted by john-88[/QUOTE]

Jack Edwards loves to say this too.  Sometimes it's true.

However, do you know any other goaltender in professional hockey who has spent so much time being "counted out?"

I mean, it's nice to be a "battler" and all, but bad games, bad goals, bad stretches sure seem to come his way an awful lot to prove how good he is at "proving people wrong" again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

A pewee goalie gives up les 5 hole goals than tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It wasn't TT's fault today.  The team stunk.  They have work to do and will win Monday night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

The team was bad? I think you can name 5 or 6 that were BAD. Starting with Thomas. He is one of the worst puck handlers in the NHL and caused the first goal. If you you look at how Tampa is shooting at him you will see they found his weakness. Anywhere up high and the good ole 5 hole. TT has stole one game so far in the playoff's but no one will criticize him because of his reputation as a battler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Gee I wish we had Roloson, I mean Boucher, oh wait know I meant Bobrovsky....  Oh nevermind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

LUCICmilan17 & SoxFanInIL

I hear you guys & I feel your frustrations, however after game 2 in the Montreal series I said the bruins would come back (check my other tread) & I said that because I believed in Thomas!

NOW
    Simple question what has Luongo, Niemi or Roloson done to make you believe in them? They’ve all been pulled & look shaky at times & yet they along with Thomas remain in the final 4!

To tell you the truth I would still want Thomas of the 4!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

All i know is i seem the same coaching mistakes and tt givin up cheap goals through the 5 hole time and time again and i am sick of it. We all make mistakes in life and sports. I am not the smartest guy but i don;t make the same mistakes twice. Like claude and our team do over and overagain. MAYBE I MADE THE MISTAKE FOR BELEIVING IN THIS BUNCH AND COACH!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the way i see it Tampa's the lucky one....

the b's should be up 3-1....

as for your assessments, the b's totally dominated the first 40 minutes of game 2 building a lead TB couldn't overcome....

and although game 4 was close the b's defensive system only allowed TB a handful of quality scoring chances....

as for today, it was more a b's letdown than a Lightning dominance the reason for the outcome....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

WOW, you see him giving up goals through the 5 hole all the time?.. REALLY?  I thought his bigger weakness was between the arms and the chest, and when he tries to use his stick.

DO YOU GUYS ALL WANT THAT SMITH KID FROM TB?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: The truth is we are lucky …:
    [QUOTE]Someone has to put Mike Smith in his place.  Score a goal on him, and he'll crumble.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

and they will as soon as he starts a game instead of just coming in with no pressure on him....

i hope that's Monday....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE] I am not the smartest guy
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Great point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]the way i see it Tampa's the lucky one.... the b's should be up 3-1.... as for your assessments, the b's totally dominated the first 40 minutes of game 2 building a lead TB couldn't overcome.... and although game 4 was close the b's defensive system only allowed TB a handful of quality scoring chances.... as for today, it was more a b's letdown than a Lightning dominance the reason for the outcome....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

days - Absolutely spot on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]All i know is i seem the same coaching mistakes and tt givin up cheap goals through the 5 hole time and time again and i am sick of it. We all make mistakes in life and sports. I am not the smartest guy but i don;t make the same mistakes twice. Like claude and our team do over and overagain. MAYBE I MADE THE MISTAKE FOR BELEIVING IN THIS BUNCH AND COACH!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    You said before the playoffs that they weren't good enough. You said it was over during the Montreal series. Now you wonder if it's a "mistake for believing in this bunch and coach"? Lord almighty, just jump ship already.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

One down, one more to go! Thank Goodness that Thomas has more faith in himself then some of the so called Bruins fans on this boards; really, some of you guys need to work on your self esteem because you quit so easily!

No matter what happens from this point on, I can happily say I’m proud of this team & yes I do believe they can Win! Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

understatement of the year...."i'm not the smartest guy.."- LUCICmilan17

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The truth is we are lucky …:[QUOTE]understatement of the year...."i'm not the smartest guy.."- LUCICmilan17 Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Self deprecation at it's finest!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

John-88, the way I see it, if it wasn't for a 1:25 potion of game one - the Bruins would be waiting on the Canucks right now.

Sixty percent of the Tampa goals have been gift-wrapped and bow-tied by the Bruins in this series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Bruins are lucky in a sense:  Lucky they have the best goalie in the world right now.

Beat the Habs in 7  (goals were 17 each, was Price REALLY better?)

Swept the Flyers (outscored them 20-7 in 4 games)

Now up 3-2 over Tampa (16 goals for each team through 5 games)

Thomas was the best goalie all season in the league, and now is the best goalie through the playoffs.  His gaa, save % and wins/losses currently lead all active REAL goalies (Smith does NOT count) so what I want to know is, what MORE do people want!?!?!?!  Luck, sure, if thats how you want to look at it, but I call it consistency.  Anyone who tries to deny what Thomas has done over the last 3-4 seasons is CLUELESS when it comes to hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

It looks like we're too stagnant in the offensive zone sometimes.  I notice a lot more motion off the puck from their skaters when they work the boards after a dump and chase.  I don't know if that falls into the category of risk-taking versus defensive positioning or what...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to The truth is we are lucky …:
    [QUOTE]That the series is tied at 2! The truth is the bruins haven’t played well in games 1, 2 & 4 as for game 3 the game was evenly played!   The way I see it, it could easily be 3-1 Tampa if not even 4-0 sweep for Tampa!   Time for the Bruins to wake up because they’re lucky to still be alive!   PS- I do believe the bruins can win the series I just hope they believe as well & Tim Thomas is at his best when people count him out (see Montreal series after game 2)
    Posted by john-88[/QUOTE]

Lucky ???? We could have won in 4 ..but hey if you're not lucky in the playoffs .you wont win the Cup ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

I'll settle for being lucky tomorrow night, winning the series and competing in the finals for the Cup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"As much as Thomas played poorly over 60 in Game 4, he's the reason they won Game 5."

I agree.  I take back all the bad things I've been saying about him, at least until the next game.

But yeah, whether they're tight or nervous or tired or hurt or whatever, the Bs better realize that they're going to have to fight for their wins from now on.  OK, they have a bad game, but then they need to come back strong in the next game.  That they didn't do last night.

Sections
Shortcuts