The Tyler Seguin Experiment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

The Tyler Seguin Experiment

The only way to turn this kid into the defensive stud he should be is to squash out all those unnecessary offensive instincts that get in the way of the B's style of play.  After all why would we want a center who can score goals, pass the puck, and break a game wide open?...Wouldn't we rather have another Bergeron?

Starting to become aware of CJ ineptitudes as a coach.  He has the talent to have a solid offensive team and he just squashes them.  I also think this has a lot to do with their lack of aggressiveness, unity, energy, and consistency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: The Tyler Seguin Experiment

I've always liked Julienne but lately I am having doubts.  With the team he has with all that depth they are underachieving.  Add to that the power play looks like beer league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to The Tyler Seguin Experiment:
    The only way to turn this kid into the defensive stud he should be is to squash out all those unnecessary offensive instincts that get in the way of the B's style of play.  After all why would we want a center who can score goals, pass the puck, and break a game wide open?...Wouldn't we rather have another Bergeron? Starting to become aware of CJ ineptitudes as a coach.  He has the talent to have a solid offensive team and he just squashes them.  I also think this has a lot to do with their lack of aggressiveness, unity, energy, and consistency.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Wow.Did you watch the Bruins  of 08-09(1st defence-2nd offence)when CJ won coach of the year?Was that #2 offence in spite of CJ or just a fluke?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Watched every game that season and honestly I do think it was partly a fluke.  Occasionally in sports you get a team that gels and everything goes their way and vice versa of course.  Look at the number of players on that squad that had the best offensive seasons of their careers.  To build on that I think Ramsay had something to do with the offensive creativity or looseness on that team (although thats purely speculation).  It was also with players relatively fresh with Julians system who were eager to learn and fresh off positive playoff experience.  As I said above, I think he is burning them out.   I don't see that drive to get things done and in the season you are talking about it was their almost every night (though it faded as the season went along).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think it was BadHab (correct me if I'm wrong) who was making the point that Julien might be better suited to coach a team at a particular stage in their development and that perhaps that time has past.  

I think that might be a fairly accurate assessment off the situation.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

As always, the coach gets too much blame when things aren't as people think they should be, and too much credit when things are going well. CJ is a part of a coaching staff, albeit the main cog in the wheel. Then there is management of course and let's not forget that player development often begins with the minor league affiliate and the coaches down there. Sometimes the fault/credit lies elsewhere within the overall system or more than likely is spread out among a bunch of people.

So for example, perhaps CJ is better suited to coach veterans. Then shouldn't there be other coaches on the staff that excel at working with utes?? Shouldn't the prov. bruins staff be working with the NHL prospects to prep them on what is expected of them by the big club if they are ever to get called up (like the sox do)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Wow.Did you watch the Bruins  of 08-09(1st defence-2nd offence)when CJ won coach of the year?Was that #2 offence in spite of CJ or just a fluke?

THIS STATEMENT MAKES ME WANT TO PUUUKE!

How come people keep making this excuse that 2 years ago .......  IT"S NOT 08-09, that is history.  In the present, the Bruins are not good offensively.  To be honest, they are really not that good Defensively.  Who is responsible for this?  Well if he was such a great coach back in 08-09 because they were 1st in defense and 2nd in Offense, it works both ways.

This team needs a change--- period.  Just like the Flyers needed last year, and the Penquins the year before.  Until Management makes the change, this team will continue "to be what we thought they were".  Which is a non cup contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Hall is getting points in almost all of his games, he got 2 assists tonight and plays with a young Eberlie. Our own Seguin needs to get more ice time to prove how good he is and should be on at close to the same level as Hall. CJ is hurting him and this has to stop, for the sake of the Bruins and Seguin. The Bruins could be a better team if they could put the pedal down more often so they could all play according to their talents. The longer CJ holds the guys back with too much D the 2-1, 3-2 loses will continue. Seguin can be a very good player if CJ allows more ice time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I think Julien should have been fired the day after the 2nd round loss to Philly last year.
    That would have given Claude time to find another job, and immediately demand that the GM do whatever it takes to "steal" RYDER from the bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Seguin is learning the ropes the proper way in the NHl and this is going to be a huge gain for the bruins... I hope. Hes learning the hard way, the old school way, the opposite of the PK subban way. he knows things have to be earned. Its not just given to him like other superstar first round rookies.

It def $ucks right now, having to watch him grow, but i trust the idea that the way he is being brought into the nhl, is going to teach him far more than letting him skate around and do what ever he wants cause that is how Hall or Skinner are playing. Rookies that play for teams that arent even close to contending yet.

Hopefully we can see it in full effect when it comes play-off time, and we have rookie that knows how to play the way he supposed to play and not cost us a valuable game down the road.

I just re-read what i typed and i think i might be crazy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I've decided that I don't really want Seguin on Team Canada this year either...

He's cut again !

You, guys, can keep him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not crazy at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yes, 2008-09 was partly a fluke. But, we had an offensive weapon (Kessel) that kept teams honest.

Now we have one (Seguin) and he is not used the same way. Why?

The ingredients are the same. It seems the recipe has changed.

That is the fault of the chef (coach), not the ingredients.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why is Ryder on the pp over Seguin?

Seguin has an exceptional one timer and we've gotten to see it once.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think there has been a change in coach philosophy.. People keep saying julien never changes, but he came in preaching the bruins would be "a harder team to play against".. whens the last time anyone has heard that from him or the team??

Now we hear alot of  "keeping our heads, playing the system" etc.. Julien came into a weak, and unorganized team, changed them to a physical team, and implemented a system, i think the success of the 2008 season has this team thinking they are the wings, they have to much talent to pick up penalties, and keeping these guys on the ice is to important to get mixed up..

This team looks a lot like the team dave lewis assembled, time ot get back to basics and being a tough team to play against..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Although I agree that Claude is the primary problem, many others emanate from his staff. Why does Wheeler still fail to finish?? Isn't there something the coaches can do to contain his shots within the width of the goal? Why does Claude break-up the Seidenberg/Kamfer pairing which played so well together[ chemistry]. Why are the Bruins so slow to acknowledge that Recchi is slipping in all aspects? Last nite one of his shots went 8 ft. wide, and another up and out? That is not like the Recchi we know. Why has Horton tuned out Claude?? and why doesn't Claude do something about it? Why isn't Thornton benched?? In Buffalo he knocks over the goalie[ penalty at a critical time] and then he knocks the puck by Timmy in Montreal. Even Timmy told him!! Where are Claude's staff?? Why does Houda have Ference and McQuaid out against Montreal's top line? Why have defensive changes been so sloppy?? Obviously no comments on Seguin because he needs Savard to play well to be involved. Last night Savvy began to show better results and Seguin was in the mix.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think CJ is on his last straw at this point. But the question still remains who replaces him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

CJ, herein called Elmer or Elmer Fudd, needs a new job.  The Bruins have plenty of offense but play in a system that doesn't allow it to flourish.  Elmer's system is boring and after teams get the hang of it, ineffective.   I am not sure TS was ready for the NHL, but he is here and needs to play the game he is good at. 
    Elmer needs to go set his trap somewhere else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't have a problem with the offense, the bruins are mid pack offense, number 1 defense, thats an ok trade off.. My problem is the ack of emotion, the poor starts.. And inability to hold a lead.. Overall the team is a plus 25 3rd best in the nhl (last i checked)  So the stats dont bother me, its the play...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: The Tyler Seguin Experiment:
    CJ, herein called Elmer or Elmer Fudd, needs a new job.  The Bruins have plenty of offense but play in a system that doesn't allow it to flourish.  Elmer's system is boring and after teams get the hang of it, ineffective.   I am not sure TS was ready for the NHL, but he is here and needs to play the game he is good at.  Elmer needs to go set his trap somewhere else.
    Posted by daPope

I'm glad you said it first, I've been thinking it since training camp.  He should have gone back to juniors.  Both Bergy and Luccic had amazing camps and pre-seasons to make the team as 18 yr olds.  Seguin seems to have made it on potential.  I'll admit I don't get to see much of him play, but from I do he is not ready for this.  Another year of junior, and playing in the WJHC would be better that this. 
    And BRUNOD... everybody knew heading into last years draft that Hall was more NHL ready.  He had one more year of Junior experience. It's not just the minutes leading to his point totals. 
    So the question is.... is hanging around the bid club, playing limited minutes and role, better than playing in juniors?  I don't think so.  (added bonus it would have saves a year of entry level contract)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One other observation. In Buffalo all thee goals were scored from just below the faceoff circle to the right of Claude's "stack-em" defense; In Montreal a high number of shots by the Habs were from low-down on both sides of the " stack-em fegense. We saw this with Atlanta, and every other East coast team. Have they solved Claude's defense?? where but for Timmy and Tuuka many more goals would and could be scored. Time for some changes?? A quote from Cam was that you need to score to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good point, Bogie. I think that is part of the problem that we are seeing.
    If the game plan does not ever change, it's easy for an opposing coach to plan for it . Also, would explain why teams successfully attack with the 2 man forecheck, which continues to give the Bruins fits (although it's been slightly better this year).

I hate to use a Belichick analogy, but can you see him saying, "well, that worked against Indy, lets just do the same thing for Pittsburgh". ??
    I think the inflexibility of the coach's system could eventually become CJ's undoing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The Tyler Seguin Experiment:
    As always, the coach gets too much blame when things aren't as people think they should be, and too much credit when things are going well. CJ is a part of a coaching staff, albeit the main cog in the wheel. Then there is management of course and let's not forget that player development often begins with the minor league affiliate and the coaches down there. Sometimes the fault/credit lies elsewhere within the overall system or more than likely is spread out among a bunch of people. So for example, perhaps CJ is better suited to coach veterans. Then shouldn't there be other coaches on the staff that excel at working with utes?? Shouldn't the prov. bruins staff be working with the NHL prospects to prep them on what is expected of them by the big club if they are ever to get called up (like the sox do)?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Well said !
    We like Julien or not is this contunues and there are echos for Neely saying things like you cannot win games playing for  0-0 he'll get canned. 
    The boost of a new coach can push the team how far ? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Joe Thornton - top pick sick skills   TRADED

Phil Kessel  - top pick sick skills    TRADED

Tyler Seguin - top pick sick skills  YOU KNOW THE STORY he's gone soon enuf

Sections
Shortcuts