The Vanek Dilemma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The Vanek Dilemma

How do they stop this guy?  I say hit him.  Then hit him again.  If you give him time and space he's gonna kill you as we all know. 

Why does he have such great success against the (supposedly) most physical team in the league -he doesn't have this level of success against any other team.  Why can't the B's stop this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: The Vanek Dilemma

He *does* have that level of success against other teams. He's leading the league in goals, is 4th in assists and tops in points. The guy's been getting better and better every year. He's an amazing player. It's not just the Bruins that can't stop him right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yep & I have him both my pools! He just scored again on Nabby. However, I hope he gets another 5 pts tonite & 0 tomorrow. And asmaha it seems that when Vanek doesn't do damage agianst the B's. Stafford does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hit him every chance you get, he's not 100% . when he's in the slot someone should be next to him like he's the hottest chick on the ice  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Play the structure and stay out of the box.  Bad/aggressive pinches by the d-men lead to odd man rushes.  When the B's are playing their game, they can choke-off their opponents top offensive talent. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Play the structure and stay out of the box.  Bad/aggressive pinches by the d-men lead to odd man rushes.  When the B's are playing their game, they can choke-off their opponents top offensive talent. 

You bet Julien will preach that especially since the game at the Garden there were so many defensive breakdowns that led the Sabres to pass at will in the Bruins end. 

I'm very curious if McDermid plays , I hope not. It's no use to stage a fight with Scott and try to get their fans into it. Bruins are tough enough . Make the clown run around, he can't even hit anyone because he can't skate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree BsL...their fans will be jacked because Buffalo had the edge on the scoreboard last game and Scott's beat down on Thornton will have them wanting more.  Don't give it to them though.  Play smart, physical Bruins hockey and take the 2 points. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Scott chasing Marchand

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MIhr_CnOwW4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Buffalo lost their next 3 games after they beat the Bruins and won the 4th game in the shootout, all thsi whikle Vanek was in the midst of his hot streak. The Sabres are not a very deep team and if Vanek cools off or does his usual, spends four week in the trainers room with multiple injuries, the Bruins will do fine against Buffalo.

There are players in sports who have a teams number and Vanek is one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Why don't the B's treat Vanek like they did with Gill against Jagr...a shadow?

Worked well then,  it could work now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The perfect resolution to me would be to use all that nice cap space the B's got and trade for the guy...if you can beat him, then join him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree with Crowls above, Vanek will take every inch the B's give him so try to limit his time and space using our proven system.

Scott is a waste of a roster spot... every time he starts with one of our guys, we should take a run at Vanek.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

The perfect resolution to me would be to use all that nice cap space the B's got and trade for the guy...if you can beat him, then join him.

Trade for the guy?  Buffalo wouldnt trade him to Boston for the Bruins 5 best players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Did Vanek dress tonight or was he up in the booth with Myers?  Wow talk about a disappearing act.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Did Vanek dress tonight or was he up in the booth with Myers?  Wow talk about a disappearing act.

Thats his problem. Great one game then disappears.  Amazingly talented but Semin heart. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He had a "Wheeler offsides" early but that was it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I have a buddy who is a Sabre season ticket holder and he says they've been waiting 5 years for more consistency out of him.  He must have a lot of games like tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I have a buddy who is a Sabre season ticket holder and he says they've been waiting 5 years for more consistency out of him.  He must have a lot of games like tonight.

Hang, I thought as a team, the Bruins did a nice job of limiting Vanek's time and space tonight. He wasn't given many opportunities to even get to full speed with the puck or without it. As great as Vanek looked in his most recent 5 point effort in Boston, much of that success had to be attributed to a sloppy Bruins team. I'm sure that shutting down Vanek was at the top of the pregame chalkboard. Mission accomplished. Go Bruins!