The Versus crew tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

The Versus crew tonight

Absolutely horrible tonight. The level of Philly cheerleading was embarassing, as was the endelss praise for Van Riemsdike.

Made me miss Jack Edwards and Andy Brickely

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: The Versus crew tonight

JVR was all over the place tonight and was by far the best Flyer on the ice. He deserved the praise. They were brutal though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

TSN's McGuire was JVR'ing all the way tonight as well. He did have a great game, but please save the comparison to Neely.......a tad early to making that statement, sheesh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Im not denying that he deserved the praise, but they kept talking about him over and over again.  Postgame, the 2 or 3rd question to Thomas was about....Van Riemsdike????? Huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Right? JVR? He is reminding me of Ovechkin? A superstar is born? His team lost.

How pissed were those announcers when DK got the GWG?

What about when we had possesion of the puck for about three straight minutes early in the second? I swear to god only two words were said, but everytime a Philly D made a breakout pass these guys had me thinking something miraculous was happening like the second coming of Christ or something. I don't care now 'cause we won, but if we lost I'd be out taking a walk right now talking to myself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Roenick was about to come out of his TV and suck Pronger's d.  The guy is injured, and has absolutely nothing to do with this game, and yet Roenick spends the entire intermission fawning over him.  How about you talk about the game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Who were the announcers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to The Versus crew tonight:
    Absolutely horrible tonight. The level of Philly cheerleading was embarassing, as was the endelss praise for Van Riemsdike. Made me miss Jack Edwards and Andy Brickely
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold

Really.  They were driving me crazy.  I was wondering if they had the homey crew out there and told them to slightly lighten up. 

For the versus, nhl network and nbc I expect a really professional bunch and provide some insightful stuff,  instead every save TT makes they talk about what they needed to do to score.  And every shot Boston took it was talk about how the Flyers defensemen needed to do something or other.

At least Brickley points out some interesting stuff.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

How about Ference almost taking JVR head or body off!
    That would have been the icing on the Bruins defence Cake!
    I was calling for Boychuk to step in front of him. Would have sent a message saying not in front of me but who steps up? Mr A F himself. Great game by the Bruins defence and TT of course

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

They had JVR tourettes syndrome, it was horrible to listen to, not denying he played a great game though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

mcguire-TSN was extolling Lavi from 1 minute in about Rich shutting down DK and he had to keep him on him, didn't work in OT. He was a lot quieter after B's tied it.

KLH line dominated at times, Luc not on scoreboard but was def on the ice.

JVR played great, had 2 gift goals by Bruins and TT stoned him the rest.

PP needs to score, so sick of hearing that 0 for all night long. That they cannot win the cup without scoring a PPG etc etc etc.  Well they won a series, which noone had done before and now have half the next series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

All they talked about was the Flyers.  They kept saying over and over that Philly lost game 1 because they played badly, negelecting to mention how *great* the Bruins played. Then it was how intense the Flyers were, what the Flyers needed to do, what the Flyers' coaches were thinking. How awesome JVR was. How if Pronger was out there _____ wouldnt have happened.

The way they ignored the Bruins is was like Philly was playing an intersquad scrimmage or something.

I just expected better

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I thought I was watching the Philly feed. But that's okay...it just made it that much more sweet when the B's won.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

nesn covering game 4

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love how NBC handles their games...always with a couple guys from the two squads involved in some way. Brickley or Clement should've been doing color last night. It was pretty hard to watch.

Best part was the 10 minutes of "Golly gee, why isn't Julien changing up his lines? Clearly nothing is working."

This, while the Bs are tied on the road in the 3rd period. After winning Game 1. And clearly no understanding of CJ's history.

Made me giggle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Every announcer for every B's game has been dissappointing. Emmerick was always calling players by the wrong name. These guys last night were terrible. Although they finally chimed in Late in the game about how great TT was playing. That they couldnt see anything getting by him and the only way Philly would score was off a rebound or an unlucky bounce to beat him....

Maybe they feared for their lives if they were to show any favoritism for the Bruins while being in Philly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

They definitely wanted the Flyers to win that one. Did anyone catch the phantom call on Chara late in the third? From the replay I couldnt see anything wrong with it. I know what Jack woudlve called it " A penalty for being tall".

JVR was all over the ice though hes got great speed and hands gotta watch out for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Kenny Albert was the one doing play by play last night.  You have to remember he is a Rangers/Yankees fan.  Though I still prefer him on Fox saturday baseball over Joe DewBag Buck, I don't care for his NHL broadcasting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: The Versus crew tonight:
    nesn covering game 4
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Hallelujah! 

That broadcast was horrible.  That's what you get when the owner of the network broadcasting the game also owns one of the teams in the game.  Other than the blatant bias, I just didn't like Kenny Alberts' calls.  He seemed disinterested in describing the game action, and only called the name of about every fourth player to handle the puck.

I can't remember such a poorly called game by a national carrier.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

"And look who's out on the ice...JVR". How many times did we have to hear that? And Kenny Albert has to be some robot experiment gone wrong. There can't be a real person in there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanNewbie. Show BruinsFanNewbie's posts

The guys on 98.5 pointed out that Comcast owns NBC and Versus, and, in case you missed it, there's a huge sign in the Philly arena saying "This is Comcast Country"

hmmm....that explains a lot about the game calling

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

"And look who's out on the ice...JVR". How many times did we have to hear that? And Kenny Albert has to be some robot experiment gone wrong. There can't be a real person in there.
    Posted by burythehabs

Ha! Good one! I think it may actually be true :P

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I actually like it better when the announcers dont say a ton of stuff and try to call every play and player...Its annoying....Im watching the game, I can see what is going on with my own two eyes. Doc Emmerick is that way....Talks way too much. Less talk = better announcing. I guess if they are doing radio as well, then I can kind of understand it, but I still find it annoying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

TSN's McGuire was JVR'ing all the way tonight as well. He did have a great game, but please save the comparison to Neely.......a tad early to making that statement, sheesh.
    Posted by 4everbruins

Doesn't he wear a VISOR?!

Sections
Shortcuts