The way NOT to build a team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: The way NOT to build a team

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Not to argue your point JM, but if you look at the past & even this season. DD play's better when Khabby is injured. He lost his starters role this year, because Khabby was playing unbelievable.  Then Khabby got hurt. Then Devon picked up his game. I 100% agree about no sandpaper. Smyth is supposed to be a par tof that, but he was scratched a few times this season & isn't seeing eye to eye with Kruger. 

DD has been competent for the most part but still suffers from back breaking brain cramps. This will abate with more experience but for now, a solid vet backup that can play for stretches at a time can only benefit Dubnyk....the Bulin wall is kaput.

As for "being done", Smyth fits the profile too, no doubt. Tht said, he is relatively cheap for a vet so I stick with him, albeit with reduced responsibilities and minutes, and respect his achievements with the club by letting him retire an Oiler at the end of next season.

Tambellini needs to start acting like a competent GM and get his squad some decent reinforcements....and Kruger? Not sold on him yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

DD has been competent for the most part but still suffers from back breaking brain cramps. This will abate with more experience but for now, a solid vet backup that can play for stretches at a time can only benefit Dubnyk....the Bulin wall is kaput.

As for "being done", Smyth fits the profile too, no doubt. Tht said, he is relatively cheap for a vet so I stick with him, albeit with reduced responsibilities and minutes, and respect his achievements with the club by letting him retire an Oiler at the end of next season.

Tambellini needs to start acting like a competent GM and get his squad some decent reinforcements....and Kruger? Not sold on him yet.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. Sorry for being so stubborn on DD, but when I hear someone blame the Oilers woes on their goaltending it's either they haven't watched many Oiler games like the one they were out shot 2-1 & DD won it 2-1 for them. Or, it's always so easy to blame a brutal record on goaltending. So that's why they're saying it. DD isn't a star goalie & probably never will be, but he's a #1 in this league & if he had a decent D to help him out of some jams he'd be fine & will have a respectful career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree with this 100%. Sorry for being so stubborn on DD, but when I hear someone blame the Oilers woes on their goaltending it's either they haven't watched many Oiler games like the one they were out shot 2-1 & DD won it 2-1 for them. Or, it's always so easy to blame a brutal record on goaltending. So that's why they're saying it. DD isn't a star goalie & probably never will be, but he's a #1 in this league & if he had a decent D to help him out of some jams he'd be fine & will have a respectful career.

No worries. The only concern I have about Dubnyk is that playing for such a bad team will destroy his confidence. The current situation in EDM can not be helping his development.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not to argue your point JM, but if you look at the past & even this season. DD play's better when Khabby is injured. He lost his starters role this year, because Khabby was playing unbelievable.  Then Khabby got hurt. Then Devon picked up his game. I 100% agree about no sandpaper. Smyth is supposed to be a par tof that, but he was scratched a few times this season & isn't seeing eye to eye with Kruger. 

This would help and is overdue. Lets see if he has any watermelons come the trade deadline, not Smyth for a 5 th round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This would help and is overdue. Lets see if he has any watermelons come the trade deadline, not Smyth for a 5 th round pick.

I agree but not sure Tambellini will oblige. He has done nothing so far that an armchair GM (like us) would not also have done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I agree but not sure Tambellini will oblige. He has done nothing so far that an armchair GM (like us) would not also have done.

Also, an armchair GM's job security is much safer. ;D

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No worries. The only concern I have about Dubnyk is that playing for such a bad team will destroy his confidence. The current situation in EDM can not be helping his development.

If he was 21-23 I'd be concerned, but at 26 he should be fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If he was 21-23 I'd be concerned, but at 26 he should be fine. 

I hope so. At 26 he should just be entering his prime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yea, but I like Kadri..lol! Patches is like a Lapuke in my book! Just wanna go thru the screen and choke the fu'ker!

What's to dislike about Kardi?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Montreal is well coached and they have a stud goalie and very good back end.  When you can get outta your end with one pass or someone who is mobile it helps.  Montreal may be small but they are playing big.  

And there's no reason the Oilers can't do the same. Last night Hall turned away from hitting Hossa! Hossa's a brick kiefhouse, but Hall can't be turning away from hitting someone like that. Thank Gawd the Oilers have Smid on the back end, because he's the only d-man that does anything to help. I thought Fistric was a far better d-man than he's showing, but maybe he's just having a Ference type of year.

Yes.  There IS a reason the Oilers can't do the same:  They're not good enough.  They're so bad, they've drafted first overall for three years straight and they still can't do anything worth noting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yea, but I like Kadri..lol! Patches is like a Lapuke in my book! Just wanna go thru the screen and choke the fu'ker!

What's to dislike about Kardi?

Nothing! I like him and I was behind Grapes 200% and thought Wilson and Burke abused him something awful. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yes.  There IS a reason the Oilers can't do the same:  They're not good enough.  They're so bad, they've drafted first overall for three years straight and they still can't do anything worth noting.

[/QUOTE]

But they should be NAS. They're horrible defensively, but they should be winning more 6-5 games like last nite.